Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ironman Florida Thread [Stick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, first time I've seen video from an Ironman.... but why do people leave T1 with two waterbottles and an aerobottle? Do they not have aid on the course?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Florida Thread [astrotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you refering to the guy that decided to plant himself in front of the camera while he took 2 full minutes to get his shoes on? lol!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Florida Thread [never2old] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Proof that we focus more on techno-gadgets than the basics of racing... the guy that just spent 3 minutes trying to get his shoes on; while wearing an aero-helmet : )[/reply]

I saw that! Right in front of the camera too! I wa shaking my head thinking, "Hey guy! Want to make that bike split faster? Spend the time going to the bike shop for the aero helmet on how to mount a bike when it's in motion and has shoes clipped in."
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Florida Thread [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Who ever is operating that camera needs to take some tips from some Pros. All I am seeing is constant zooming and moving. Only beginners do this.

Dave

I was thinking the same thing.. its like an episode of NYPD blue but shakier : ) !

But hey, free is nice too.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Florida Thread [RoadWarrior] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, some are pretty loaded down. To answer your question directly: yes, there is excellent support on the course so there really is no need to stock up as much as some of these folks have.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Florida Thread [SlayerHatebreed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This thread is great so far, its like a cross between Mystery Science Theater 3000 and Beavis and Butthead do sports.

Good stuff!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]Yeah, some are pretty loaded down. To answer your question directly: yes, there is excellent support on the course so there really is no need to stock up as much as some of these folks have.[/reply]

OVER 50% are first timers.......

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It looks real cold there, should be good for times especially if it holds for the run.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Florida Thread [Bladed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be (hopefully) first timer next year; but I don't think I'll try to ride backwards thru people exiting transition!

------------------------------------------------
#cancersucks - In memory of my brother, helping his kids
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Florida Thread [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just saw a guy get yelled at for riding BACK into transition over the timing mat!.....almost took out a few others coming out!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Speaking of loaded down, I saw an older dude at Kona w/ 2 bottles in the launchers, 2 on the frame, and an aerobottle.... (he may have had a bento box too)

He was looking like he was going out for an unsupported double century, not just trying to make it past the 10 mile "no feed" zone (and then aid stations every 7-8 m after that). WTF??? Riding up Palani loaded down like that musta sucked big.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Florida Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife just comes over to where I'm watching coverage and asks if all those people got out of the water at the same rough time. I say yes. Her comment is "that is going to cause a drafting problem. Something has got to be done."

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah.. just a little bit : ) Prediction: record complaints post race re: drafting. If you sign up for this race you should be fully aware of what you are getting yourself into.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been thinking of pulling the trigger on this bike race IM next year.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"that is going to cause a drafting problem. Something has got to be done."

Brian,

This is where I chime in an say that you can't put this number of people on that small a portion of road in that short a period of time and not have them draft. The rules, as good and fair as they are, are asking the athletes to do something that is impossible to achieve!

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This will be a draft fest.....

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to take video like that until I learned better. Now have to train the rest of my family to just hold a shot and leave it alone.

I think what they do is great, but no reason not to try and improve.

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When it warms up.......and it will.......imagine all of the riders at the side of the road stripping down.......some are dressed for very cold conditions

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was just wondering the same thing looking at the video. Wonder if they will have some live bike feeds so we can see if their is any drafting. :o) Never, no way, they have marshalls and racers would never ever cheat. :o)

Dave

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought Florida never got cold.

Dave

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The people coming out of T1 look like they've just finished a race. That's daunting to look that way and still be so far from home.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I might be tempted someday, but I've got to work on my sprinting first.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
how cold is there right now? and you would think that people with aero helmets would have a better sense of urgency. sheesh
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Florida Thread [frankienm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The screen flashed 45 degrees at the start with it warming quickly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Which program are you using on your Mac? I can't open it :(

"You're faster than you think!" --Nike
Quote Reply

Prev Next