Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ironman Canada 2013 [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ok....I'm offically wearing the donkey ears AND tail.

....apologies to Ultra-tri-guy for any stress thrown his way........he's free to call me an ass, as well as a donkey, I delete the comments if you want

I haven't been getting the updates from the CP thread, so missed the P.R. update.

Having read that, now, it doesn't seem that he's back in the WTC camp, just not in the Penticton organising group anymore.

I wonder how many 3 time Kona champs will be putting in a working shift on Kona raceday, catching up with the race on-line only, instead of being part of the event week........I've heard he's been biking and running around Victoria, enjoying his old coffee haunts, it would be great if he made a reappearence as an age grouper.....anywhere !

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>X
If you run long enough....something is bound to happen
Last edited by: TriTrev: Oct 11, 12 10:37
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Canada 2013 [TriTrev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No need to apologise TriTrev,I'm kind of getting used to losing my mind and banging my head against the wall around here,just wish I had my old cellmate R10C here to take up some of the slack...

----
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Canada 2013 [BCDon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe I am late, but www.whistler.com says its Aug 25 2013, book your hotel now!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Canada 2013 [weigh2go] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are late and also incorrect. Did you get this from the other threadI just started a few minutes ago? ;)

The main site does not have it listed. It is under a hidden menu.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...;;page=unread#unread

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Canada 2013 [Jaymz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no was at whistler.com they have it under events...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think they do.

If you don't follow my link and go to the Whistler.Com main page first then the IMC link is hidden. I say 'my link' like it was me that found it but it wasn't, someone just posted the link on FB. All those rushing to the phone to hire me as your head web coder can relax.

Last edited by: Jaymz: Oct 11, 12 13:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
weigh2go wrote:

The link is open.... www.whistler.com/ironman

Whistler Aug 25, 2013

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ironman Canada Whistler announcement:

http://www.whistler.com/...jY-bICFWThQgod8XgAlg
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's not appearing when I click your link.

TriTrev wrote:
weigh2go wrote:

Whistler Aug 25, 2013

Last edited by: Jaymz: Oct 11, 12 13:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jaymz wrote:
It's not appearing when I click your link.

TriTrev wrote:
weigh2go wrote:

Whistler Aug 25, 2013

Its no longer on the Whister website....anywhere on it.....none of the posted links work anymore .....did we just bust them, before its been offically announced ?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriTrev wrote:
[
Its no longer on the Whistler website....anywhere on it.....none of the posted links work anymore .....did we just bust them, before its been offically announced ?

I believe we did. Amazing how careful you have to be posting up stuff online. I guess they didn't learn the lesson when Challenge got busted too.

Last edited by: Jaymz: Oct 11, 12 13:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

This was the image on the link

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If true, I pity the person who prematurely posted the announcement... We will see.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Canada 2013 [rpetersen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kelowna News Site: see last line.

Whistler reports they have Ironman
by Trevor Rockliffe - Story: 81701
Oct 11, 2012 / 1:05 pm

Nothing is coming from official Ironman channels, but Whistler has let the race out of the bag.

Here is the blurb from Whistler Tourism.

'Whistler is thrilled to be named host town for the formidable Ironman Canada race on August 25, 2013. Whistler's natural beauty is the perfect setting for the race with winding mountain roads, sparkling lakes and mountain views all part of the unique and challenging course. Race registration is through Ironman Canada.
Spectators welcome – Athletes are encouraged to bring their friends and family to cheer them on. Summer is the perfect time to visit Whistler with events and outdoor activities for all ages. The pedestrian Village is alive day and night with plenty of places to dine, boutique shopping, a busy nightlife and opportunities to enjoy Whistler's unique arts and culture scene. Arrive early and stay late for a summer vacation to remember.'

Ironman told Castanet that an official announcement will not be out until next week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ultra-tri-guy wrote:
Squeak wrote:
There, there, fella. It'll be alright ...
---

This place is making it hard for me to stay sober!!!!..;-)

----

Sorry Nick but the the words You and sober are not to be used in the same sentence:)

"Be your best cheerleader , not your worst critic.”
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Canada 2013 [rpetersen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WTC needs to get its shit together about this stuff, we all found out from the Challenge family that IMC was a dead duck in Penticton, on the Thursday morning beore this years race, while people spent several hours in line for early registration for 2013 WTC run IMC. The WTC refused to confirm anything until late Thursday, more than 12 hours after Challenge Penticton went live

If its not true, make an announcement, if it is true, just shrug your shoulders, and admit it, things get leaked, but when you piss around, pretending something has not happened, you make no new friends, and you just piss off your current friends

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And another link ... from Penticton!

http://www.pentictonwesternnews.com/news/173760411.html

"Tourism Whistler Annouces They Will Host Ironman Canada Race"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriTrev wrote:
WTC needs to get its shit together about this stuff, we all found out from the Challenge family that IMC was a dead duck in Penticton, on the Thursday morning beore this years race, while people spent several hours in line for early registration for 2013 WTC run IMC. The WTC refused to confirm anything until late Thursday, more than 12 hours after Challenge Penticton went live

If its not true, make an announcement, if it is true, just shrug your shoulders, and admit it, things get leaked, but when you piss around, pretending something has not happened, you make no new friends, and you just piss off your current friends

One could argue it's WTC that might be trying to be respectful here. As far as Whistler is concerned, maybe they're waiting to contact Kelowna before they officially announce. Maybe it's just everyone else jumping the gun making WTC undeservingly look bad in the process.

You people have no clue what's going on behind the scenes so why do you all keep speculating?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Canada 2013 [lakerfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lakerfan wrote:
TriTrev wrote:

One could argue it's WTC that might be trying to be respectful here. As far as Whistler is concerned, maybe they're waiting to contact Kelowna before they officially announce. Maybe it's just everyone else jumping the gun making WTC undeservingly look bad in the process.

You people have no clue what's going on behind the scenes so why do you all keep speculating?

well, this concludes my original statement around all of this.

AMATEUR HOUR.

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Canada 2013 [Kirch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kirch wrote:
Ultra-tri-guy wrote:
Squeak wrote:

---

----

Sorry Nick but the the words You and sober are not to be used in the same sentence:)

-----
Hey I had to go back to Australia to give my liver a rest after three weeks in Penticton this summer..How times change hey?

--
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Canada 2013 [lakerfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lakerfan wrote:
TriTrev wrote:

Lighten up & look at your own words (bolded). This is a forum for discussion and speculation is part of what makes it interesting.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Canada 2013 [dstu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ultra-tri-guy wrote:
Kirch wrote:
Ultra-tri-guy wrote:
Squeak wrote:

---

----

-----
Hey I had to go back to Australia to give my liver a rest after three weeks in Penticton this summer..How times change hey?

--

No self respecting Aussie would admit that .But it does make a ex Kiwi happy to hear

"Be your best cheerleader , not your worst critic.”
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Canada 2013 [dstu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dstu wrote:
Lighten up & look at your own words (bolded). This is a forum for discussion and speculation is part of what makes it interesting.

The exact words you bolded were used to prove my point. Speculation at the expense of making others look bad is not what makes it interesting. It just makes you look like a fool. Did I "lighten up" enough for you?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Canada 2013 [DRG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They're offering 100 Kona slots (25 more than the North American Championship the week before) yet for pros it's a P1000 race with $25K in prize money, compared to the $60K of prize money on offer in the Okanagan on the same day.
Quote Reply

Prev Next