Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ironman Canada 2013 [tri_kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironman Mont-Tremblant has just been announced as the site for the North American Championship for 2013 and 2014. I guess this was the pressing business that has delayed the IMC announcement ...
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Canada 2013 [Squeak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
North American Championships? Well there goes some people's hopes of a rotating Canadian champs.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Canada 2013 [pgeary] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am curious...why does everyone think that an IM Whistler would be a huge success when IM CDA is still not sold out. Would they not serve the same markets? Kind of the same question about IM Muskoka...my understanding is the 70.3, while successful, does not sell out immediately, if at all, and it did take 5 weeks to sell out IMMT, with no IMNYC to absorb slots. WTC seems to be contracting, not expanding. I cannot imagine how they would launch two new races in Canada. I can imagine that they will say "maybe next year" to either.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Canada 2013 [sinkinswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would think IMC isn't sold out because people don't know when & where it's going to be!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Canada 2013 [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
I would think IMC isn't sold out because people don't know when & where it's going to be!

IM CDA not IMC was what was mentioned about not being sold out
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Canada 2013 [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:

--

IMC isn't sold out because they haven't started taking registrations yet..

--
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Canada 2013 [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think everyone realizes that IMCDA is taking place in Idaho in June.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sinkinswimmer wrote:
I think everyone realizes that IMCDA is taking place in Idaho in June.

---

No doubt but I wasn't responding to your post..

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am curious about this "pre-registration" that took place in Penticton. Does anybody know how many signed up? Did they pay anything? Can they decline their entry based on the location that is announced? Can an entry be transferred?
I would think that if Kelowna is announced as the new IMC site there might be a mass exodus over to Challenge Penticton.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Canada 2013 [dstu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no money paid, no commitment given, just a registration of interest in signing up once the race location is announced.

Grant

Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Canada 2013 [dstu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go back to the very first post on this thread and you will see what all the fuss was about..Nobody actually registered as it was more of a fishing exercise by WTC to gauge interest in a new IMC.The folks that "Pre-registered " will get first crack at the new IMC.Smart move on their part.

---
Last edited by: Ultra-tri-guy: Oct 11, 12 7:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ultra-tri-guy wrote:
Go back to the very first post on this thread and you will see what all the fuss was about..Nobody actually registered as it was more of a fishing exercise by WTC to gauge interest in a new IMC.The folks that "Pre-registered " will get first crack at the new IMC.Smart move on their part.

---

Yup. And there are a ton of people like me that signed up even though there is very very little chance I will actually do IMc. I just got a "priority" registration. Bring on Challenge!!,

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Canada 2013 [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
Ultra-tri-guy wrote:

---

Yup. And there are a ton of people like me that signed up even though there is very very little chance I will actually do IMc. I just got a "priority" registration. Bring on Challenge!!,
----

Seven minutes dude,screw the seven minutes,I'll have had seven beers by the time you cross the line..;-)

My UMC crew from '94 signed up today so I've got a bunch of side bets going on..I'm gonna be seriously drunk after Challenge Penticton if all goes to plan.

I'd probrably make a bike trip out to IMC to volunteer if it is in Whistler early in August...

--
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Canada 2013 [SayHey Kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SayHey Kid wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:

IM CDA not IMC was what was mentioned about not being sold out

Sorry didn't realize there was a difference, thought that IMC had taken registrations @ Pentiction - at least that's what I understood from one of the volunteers. Clearly misunderstood.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Canada 2013 [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So since Macca has signed with Challenge and Peter Reid is no longer with the Challenge Penticton group does that mean that Peter is now onside with WTC?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Canada 2013 [carlsomi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It looks like a 10 year partnership with Macca, so i'm not sure if Peter had passed on it or what. Really happy to hear Steve King is the official announcer.
No more "You-are-an-Ironman" to be heard over the microphone in Penticton!
Marty
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
carlsomi wrote:
So since Macca has signed with Challenge and Peter Reid is no longer with the Challenge Penticton group does that mean that Peter is now onside with WTC?

i missed the "Peter Reid" is no longer with Challenge Penticton group info....when did that happen ?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>X
If you run long enough....something is bound to happen
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Canada 2013 [TriTrev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriTrev wrote:
carlsomi wrote:

i missed the "Peter Reid" is no longer with Challenge Penticton group info....when did that happen ?

-----
Peter just responded to a post of mine in the Challenge Family News thread.

---
Last edited by: Ultra-tri-guy: Oct 11, 12 9:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ultra-tri-guy wrote:
TriTrev wrote:
carlsomi wrote:

-----

---

you are not suggesting we just got some "duff info" on ST are you ???...........Peter has never flip flopped on anything, ever.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>X
If you run long enough....something is bound to happen
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Canada 2013 [TriTrev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriTrev wrote:
Ultra-tri-guy wrote:
TriTrev wrote:
carlsomi wrote:

-----

---

you are not suggesting we just got some "duff info" on ST are you ???...........Peter has never flip flopped on anything, ever.

---

This place is nuts!! I am not "suggesting anything" I am stating that Peter responded to a post I made in another thread.That is it,end of story.Check out the thread...Man,oh man,oh man,God give me strength!

---
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sinkinswimmer wrote:
I am curious...why does everyone think that an IM Whistler would be a huge success when IM CDA is still not sold out. Would they not serve the same markets? Kind of the same question about IM Muskoka...my understanding is the 70.3, while successful, does not sell out immediately, if at all, and it did take 5 weeks to sell out IMMT, with no IMNYC to absorb slots. WTC seems to be contracting, not expanding. I cannot imagine how they would launch two new races in Canada. I can imagine that they will say "maybe next year" to either.

IMCDA sold out a few days ago.

http://www.frostyjunction.com/
https://twitter.com/FrostyJunction
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There, there, fella. It'll be alright ...
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Canada 2013 [Squeak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Squeak wrote:
There, there, fella. It'll be alright ...
---

This place is making it hard for me to stay sober!!!!..;-)

----
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry about that I assumed that those following this thread would also be checking the Challenge thread. I didn't mean for you to get questioned since Peter had personally replied on the other thread...WTC and Challenge are keeping life interesting!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
carlsomi wrote:
Sorry about that I assumed that those following this thread would also be checking the Challenge thread. I didn't mean for you to get questioned since Peter had personally replied on the other thread...WTC and Challenge are keeping life interesting!

----

Yeah,what a week or two this is hey?

---
Quote Reply

Prev Next