Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Hoka Bondi B - quick review [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have about 350 miles on my stinson evo's - probably 80% on the roads. The tread is still solid and while I'm just now starting to notice a slight breakdown in cushioning they are still my most comfortable option and without rival when it comes to downhill cushioning and protection. The upper is also in great shape despite plenty of technical, muddy runs. I'd guess that I will easily get another 150 miles out of them, so their durability compares favorability to the nike vomero's I've historically trained in.

They are not a fast shoe, but there is no question that I am running more miles with less muscle damage on identical fitness and over time that will lead to a faster and happier runner.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriBodyboarder wrote:
Great stuff! Doing a 33-mile trail race in Big Bear in mine this Sunday. Looking forward to seeing how my legs and feet feel around mile 20! I have the Stinson Bs.

Please post your results. That sounds like something I would do and if my 6-mile excursion is any indication, your feet will be the happiest of all.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Bondi B - quick review [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've done some long runs up to 22 miles with them already and my feet and legs have never felt better. I'm optimistic to say the least. I'll post something next week.

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Bondi B - quick review [Ann Arbor Jeff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jeff:

I am a larger guy and I got 600 miles out of my first pair.

http://bigmikega.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Bondi B - quick review [DC Pattie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've found another purpose for my Hoka Evo's...they're the same height as my new air-cast!
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Bondi B - quick review [uncle_evan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
uncle_evan wrote:
jkahan wrote:
of me or the shoe ?

you and the shoe.... together, maybe on the couch with only a blue fleece blanket and a bottle of wine.

Lots of sarcasm and humor floates around here on ST....some of its funny but rarely funny enough to make me laugh out loud. This reply made my day!!
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Bondi B - quick review [tgarson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Way too much cushion for me although people love the way they handle steep downhill single track. I have a pair of brand new size 11 original Mafates I would love to unload. Purchased online. They look like clown shoes to me.
Last edited by: run100z: Jun 12, 12 19:58
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Bondi B - quick review [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay, finished my 33-mile trail race yesterday wearing the Stinson Bs (older model). I had done about 3 weeks of training leading up to the race in these shoes with only one minor blister on one of my big toes, presumably because I have wide forefeet and the forefoot of these shoes is not as wide as I'd prefer.
So, the shoes felt fantastic for much of the race, cruising over sharp rocks and shale, etc. without a problem, and the cushioning was beyond belief for the downhill sections. I had stomach issues which had me walking for a good portion of the race.
I did start to feel some blister pain on the outside of my pinky toes and big toes, indicating that the forefoot was a bit narrow for my feet around mile 25. After the race, I took my socks off to reveal nice blisters on the outside of both big toes, and the toenails on both pinky toes bruised. I really need more room in the toe box, but I have to say, my legs, knees, ankles and feet have NEVER felt better after a long trail race. Today, I walked my daughter to school (2 miles roundtrip) and went surfing, which involved a 1/2 mile walk up and down a steep dirt trail. Some leg fatigue, but not bad at all, so if you don't have wide forefeet like me, you are doing yourself a disservice by not at least trying these shoes if you like to run long. I'm willing to go through the blister problem again for my next ultra...I like them that much!

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriBodyboarder wrote:
... After the race, I took my socks off to reveal nice blisters on the outside of both big toes, and the toenails on both pinky toes bruised...

Me, too!

And I was really surprised as when I put the shoes (Stinson B) on they didn't feel narrow at all. I don't feel a difference in width between my Hokas and some other shoes I use(Vomero, Lunar Elite, Lunarglide).

My Hokas are the new ones (built in 12/2011) size 13.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Bondi B - quick review [tgarson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its ridiculous. I said this about Newtons a few years ago. it won't stop until WE QUIT BUYING THEM at those prices. But as long as they have buyers at those prices, they ain't listening to me.

In a few years, running shoes will be $350 a pair.
Quote Reply

Prev Next