Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Gold Coast ITU World Champs Has Some Incredible Possibilities This Week [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lost the stream (on every device), so had to rely on Twitter for updates. Looks like Paige Horner was the top finisher for the US in 17th.
Quote Reply
Re: Gold Coast ITU World Champs Has Some Incredible Possibilities This Week [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MI_Mumps wrote:
Georgia Taylor Brown?

Yes, edited been drinking all night!
Quote Reply
Re: Gold Coast ITU World Champs Has Some Incredible Possibilities This Week [HeartRN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Audrey Ernst 24th, Gillian Cridge 29th. Des Ridenour ended up in 8th. 1st through 20th finished in a span of about 2 minutes.
Quote Reply
Re: Gold Coast ITU World Champs Has Some Incredible Possibilities This Week [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, GTB’s been very impressive! Breakthrough year for sure to casual observers like me.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Gold Coast ITU World Champs Has Some Incredible Possibilities This Week [HeartRN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A bit of chop on the water and some wind may help the women's race have some front pack fireworks. My feed from the juniors races was very hit or miss, but the wind looked to be howling straight into their faces on the pontoon.

I'm staying up til atleast T1, first few laps of bike and if i fall asleep, I fall asleep. Sitting here in middle of outside bands of hurricane has me stir crazy.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Gold Coast ITU World Champs Has Some Incredible Possibilities This Week [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Holland and Zafferes both out the swim in the front pack, it's going to come down to the run.
Quote Reply
Re: Gold Coast ITU World Champs Has Some Incredible Possibilities This Week [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fun to see Norwegian Lotte Miller in the front group.
She is a better cyclist than runner, but maybe today is the day she founds her running feet and will improve her best ever place 10th.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
Holland and Zafferes both out the swim in the front pack, it's going to come down to the run.

Glad to see that I am not the only one burning the midnight oil on this one...

If it does come down to the run Zafferes is in trouble.
Quote Reply
Re: Gold Coast ITU World Champs Has Some Incredible Possibilities This Week [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will come down to the run, very dull the womens bike with no Spirig or Duffy to be brutal!

I think Holland has shown pretty much she has the strongest run the last couple of races (The young French girl aside) be surprised if she doesn't win.
Last edited by: Jackets: Sep 14, 18 23:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
Will come down to the run, very dull the womens bike with no Spirig or Duffy to be brutal!

I think Holland has shown pretty much she has the strongest run the last couple of races (The young French girl aside) be surprised if she doesn't win.

We will see what happens. Zafferes was the fastest woman in the mixed relay on the run...but that was over a short distance.

Fingers crossed that Katie Z doesn't blow up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, wasn't expecting this from Zaferes, she usually starts slow and moves up, I just wonder if she can keep this pace.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zaferes is fading, she went out to quick.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks over for KZ
Quote Reply
Re: Gold Coast ITU World Champs Has Some Incredible Possibilities This Week [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Holland showed heart there to come back after dropping back, well deserved World champ if she wins this!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What a race!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
excellent race
Quote Reply
Re: Gold Coast ITU World Champs Has Some Incredible Possibilities This Week [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Laura Lindemann of Germany did the same thing as Knibb.

She was 3rd @ Jr's in 13, Won Jr's in 14, 15. Won U-23 in 16. And was just 4th at the Grand Final today. I'd say they have similar trajectory. You can tell they both are very intelligent racers along with being strong.
Quote Reply
Re: Gold Coast ITU World Champs Has Some Incredible Possibilities This Week [oprfcc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From social media posts looks like the Brownlees are both using aero bars for the race.
If that's the case it'll be the first time and gives away what their tactics are tomorrow. That and the fact Varga is racing.
Quote Reply
Re: Gold Coast ITU World Champs Has Some Incredible Possibilities This Week [MrPG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If that's the case it'll be the first time and gives away what their tactics are tomorrow. //

You mean the same exact tactics they use in every race? Have they ever sat in from T1 and just waited for the field to have a mass running race? All this signals is that they are now hip to the small % of being aero while pulling will make, and in a relatively benign bike course, that % could be important. Probably all the TT training Ali has been doing, he actually knows first hand how much faster it is, even while drafting...

Tactics will be as usual, hopefully they don't hurt the top swimmers too much so that they can contribute, but I'm sure they are ready to two man TT is necessary...
Quote Reply
Re: Gold Coast ITU World Champs Has Some Incredible Possibilities This Week [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gutted I have no way of getting any money into my Skybet, ridiculous odds on Jonny at 6/1 who I make the favourite.

Luis at 11/1 is well worth a few quid also, bookies have this one wrong I reckon.

Mario Mola (ESP)
13/8
Alistair Brownlee (GBR)
4/1
Jonathan Brownlee (GBR)
6/1
Kristian Blummenfelt (NOR)
13/2
Jacob Birtwhistle (AUS)
7/1
Richard Murray (RSA)
8/1
Vincent Luis (FRA)
11/1
Casper Stornes (NOR)
16/1
Fernando Alarza (ESP)
16/1
Henri Schoeman (RSA)
16/1
Pierre La Corre (FRA)
22/1
Gustav Iden (NOR)
28/1
Andreas Schilling (DEN)
40/1
Marten Van Riel (BEL)
50/1
Tyler Mislawchuk (CAN)
50/1
Aaron Royle (NZL)
66/1
Joao Silva (POR)
66/1
Luke Willian (AUS)
66/1
Ryan Bailie (AUS)
66/1
Thomas Bishop (GBR)
66/1
Dorian Coninx (FRA)
80/1
Quote Reply
Re: Gold Coast ITU World Champs Has Some Incredible Possibilities This Week [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd wager that if they are 2 man TT'ing they'll bring more along with them. Which isn't a bad thing, but I'm not sure JB is on the level that AB wants/needs and thus if JB is able to "draft" I think more in the front group will too. Of course getting a 4-5 man break that actually wants to pull through will only help both of them, in addition to all in that said select group.

Watching the races so far, the course is tactical enough that I think something can happen, especially if the wind kicks up and stays windy, that could provide just enough strong resistance that it helps with flyers. 1am start for me means I'll probaly make most of the bike and then fall asleep right as T2 run starts. Just too late for me.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She tried - I wonder how close Holland came to cracking? Crazy how she clawed back. She deserved the title.

Poor ‘ol Chelsea Burns finishes top 15 and is like 6th on the totem pole. What a deep team.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Gold Coast ITU World Champs Has Some Incredible Possibilities This Week [Jackets, lifetri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 OK, for the benefit of those of us who did not watch the race, can you give us the Cliff Note version??? I went to the ITU web site and i see that Ashleigh Gentle ended up winning, and she was not even in your prior commentary. My computer's video does not work all the time so i sometimes have a hard time watching these videos.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Gold Coast ITU World Champs Has Some Incredible Possibilities This Week [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
OK, for the benefit of those of us who did not watch the race, can you give us the Cliff Note version??? I went to the ITU web site and i see that Ashleigh Gentle ended up winning, and she was not even in your prior commentary. My computer's video does not work all the time so i sometimes have a hard time watching these videos.

Holland was first out of T2 with a very bad transition for Katie. Very quickly Katie caught Vicky and Ashley tagged along. Katie and Zaf were doing most of the work for the first lap (2.5K), and at one point Katie surged and dropped Vicky, the gap was about 5s. Ashley stayed with Katie.

Vicky clawed her way back up, and right after that either; Katie faded, Vicky surged, or both, but Ashley and Vicky dropped Katie bad.

It came down to a sprint finish on the blue carpet, between Ashley and Vicky. You now know the result of that sprint.
Quote Reply
Re: Gold Coast ITU World Champs Has Some Incredible Possibilities This Week [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TulkasTri wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
OK, for the benefit of those of us who did not watch the race, can you give us the Cliff Notes version??? I went to the ITU web site and i see that Ashleigh Gentle ended up winning, and she was not even in your prior commentary. My computer's video does not work all the time so i sometimes have a hard time watching these videos.

Holland was first out of T2 with a very bad transition for Katie. Very quickly Katie caught Vicky and Ashley tagged along. Katie and Zaf were doing most of the work for the first lap (2.5K), and at one point Katie surged and dropped Vicky, the gap was about 5s. Ashley stayed with Katie.

Vicky clawed her way back up, and right after that either; Katie faded, Vicky surged, or both, but Ashley and Vicky dropped Katie bad.

It came down to a sprint finish on the blue carpet, between Ashley and Vicky. You now know the result of that sprint.

OK, thanks very much Tulkas, your summary was just what i was looking for. Thanks!!!

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply

Prev Next