Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Giro Air Attack aero road helmet [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got a non-visor version a few weeks ago and finally road raced with it last weekend. Fit doesn't feel much different than a regular lid, fine and comfortable. The race had a good amount of climbing and it was a warm day. Really liked it all around and can see wearing it with all but the hottest temps. I'd def wear it for an uphill TT.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Air Attack aero road helmet [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sitting right in the middle of a small and a medium (55cm). I have an old Advantage in medium, and a new Ionos in small. Does anyone have a feel for what might work best?
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Air Attack aero road helmet [Ironma'am] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I found the small to be bigger than advertised. I wear a 7 hat, which is 56cm. I think you will be good with the small even when wearing other head gear.

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Re: Giro Air Attack aero road helmet [Ironma'am] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm similar, and went with med Aeon and Attack.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Air Attack aero road helmet [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I already posted this in another thread.

Competitive Cyclist, code GIRO21, $50 bucks off and Free shipping.
Ended up running me $189.56.

Socks
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Air Attack aero road helmet [Shortsocks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bingo! That post was the final push for me. Thanks for reposting in this thread - helmet on order!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I picked up one too, even though my size is on back order :-/
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Air Attack aero road helmet [thomasmn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Giro just launched an Air Attack contest today:

http://www.giro.com/us_en/airattack

Post your Air Attack pics and you could win some nice stuff

H
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Giro just uploaded some pics of people wearing the air attack on FB, in an album named: "Air attack: Winners wear it"
Check it out, if this link doesn't work, just go to their facebook its on their wall.
https://www.facebook.com/...006114443&type=1

Is there any reason why no one (except the french guys riding the velodrome) are using the air attack shield?
When would you use the shield? like in reality? I have a road helmet and was going to buy the air attack shield.
But I notice few to no people riding with the shield. Whats up with that? Just wondering.

-----------------------------------
Swim with swimmers, bike with cyclists, run with runners. Train with those who are hard to keep up with. Soon you will be hard to keep up with.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also looks like the Air Attack Shield is included in the REI anniversary sale for 179.99 online
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Air Attack aero road helmet [nord0296] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got the Giro with the shield sent to me be mistake, I had ordered the shield less version. They are offering me a deal to keep the one I have due to costs of shipping it back and the new one out. I don't know if I will ever use the shield. Is there any reason to have the non shield version of to just use the shielded one with the shield off? I should have started with the fact that I wear prescription glasses.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Word my attack with shield yesterday at IMTX, very nice. Much cooler than the advantage 2. Visor was great, doesn't catch sweat and no fog either.

I grabbed mine at the expo, 15% off. Was goin to wait until after the race but it was sitting right there so I had to grab it.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Air Attack aero road helmet [Tri297] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri297 wrote:

Is there any reason why no one (except the french guys riding the velodrome) are using the air attack shield?

Yes. The shield looks incredibly stupid.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Air Attack aero road helmet [aarondavidson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just to let people know about the magnets on the visor. I had won fall off and I lost it. So make sure they are snapped into the visor well.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Air Attack aero road helmet [slick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I don't always use the shield when I'm on training rides but have used it during two duathlons so far and have put up some solid times on the bike (avg. 23.3 mph over 20 miles). Don't know if I can completely attribute it to the helmet, but my times have been faster than when I was using a Wingspan. Could not be happier.

They will not ship out side US. Darn..!
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Air Attack aero road helmet [stodr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I lost my visor yesterday at mile 70 downhill at IMTX, granted one of the magnets fell off in T1 and I lost patience trying to find it with a volunteer. Helmet though was fine in the heat.

2016:
IMFL #12
http://www.bestbikesplit.com
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Air Attack aero road helmet [Bville] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting... I have a brand new/never worn Rudy Project sitting in a box (I ordered back in Jan, it just got here, but considering returning it). While I was waiting for it to be delivered, the Air Attack came on the scene, and then REI put it on sale. Semi-impulse, I pulled the trigger on the $179.99 air attack with Visor deal, since it wound up being the exact same price as the Wingspan I am thinking about returning. So now I will have two new helmets, and one will go back. Replacing the trusty Giro Adv II (the ear flaps of which have never cracked in 5 years of use). I am my main competition (not really a podium contender) but that doesn't mean I don't want to put up the fastest times I can. Given how careful I am when putting on the Adv II in T1 to avoid cracking the flaps, thinking the air attack might be just as good, plus a little sturdier. Plus, I suspect I look around/down more than I actually think I do - which might also be an equalizer. I understand the Rudy tests faster in the tunnel, but I was really surprised at how thin the ear flaps felt. This seems like one of those engineering things that the folks at Rudy (and Giro for that matter) could overcome. Option 3 is just picking up another Adv II since the price has dropped. Anyway - I guess it's a good problem to have, deciding which to keep. I like the Peter Weller / Robo Cop feel of the new Attack, so in the end it will probably just come down to fit for me...

Life IS an endurance sport. Finish Well
www.fwe1.net
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Air Attack aero road helmet [plainsman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On your left, citizen.

Life IS an endurance sport. Finish Well
www.fwe1.net
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Air Attack aero road helmet [DFWTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFWTri wrote:
I lost my visor yesterday at mile 70 downhill at IMTX, granted one of the magnets fell off in T1 and I lost patience trying to find it with a volunteer. Helmet though was fine in the heat.

Lost mine at mile 6 of a sprint this morning when I hit a bump. Super bummed. We'll see what Giro does to make it right.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wore mine in my first 95km road race today with the shield and it was great! There was a strong crosswind the entire race and my visor stayed put and seemed very secure. The lens in the shield is very good quality and I had zero fogging which was a bonus. I really like it with the shield and would buy it again. I checked my magnets and they seem very secure but I will keep an eye on them to make sure the dont come loose. I might even add some stronger magnets if I can find some the correct size. Just my 2 cents

"I swim because that's how I get to ride my bike."

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.giro.com/us_en/airattack

I don't think I'm imagining it that Marianne Vos is NOT wearing an Air Attack helmet, but a normal Giro helmet with tape on it?
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Air Attack aero road helmet [matthew2811] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

They publish aero data comparing it to the the AA to selector.

I wonder how it would compare to the Advantage 2 which is what I was racing with to date

Were there ever Selector to Advantage 2 comparisons ?

For me the Bambino tested faster than the Selector and the Selector faster than the Advantage 2
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of my magnets came apart when I handled the visor for the first time. The online store I bought it from indicated they had a number of returns. They offered to replace it but also told me that I could add a dab of superglue to keep the two sections of the magnets together. That seems to have worked.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BMC confirmed Giro's wind tunnel predictions for the Air Attack using Alphamantis's ERO system in Valencia.
http://alphamantis.com/...mc-and-giro-helmets/
Quote Reply

Prev Next