Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Gatorade Endurance vs. Regular Formula
Quote | Reply
So I have been training with Gatorade Endurance formula for a 70.3 turns out the race will only have regular Gatorade formula on course NOT the endurance formula.

Should I risk it and go with regular Gatorade from the course or plan to pack the extra weight on my bike and bring my own second bottle?

From a calorie perspective they are essentially equivalent, though from a carbohydrate source perspective they seem pretty different

CHO:
Endurance: Sugar, Maltodextrin and Fructose

Regular: Sugar and Dextrose

Also from an electrolyte perspective regular formula has much less.
Quote Reply
Re: Gatorade Endurance vs. Regular Formula [TriMeToo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you using Gatorade Endurance from a powder? I can't find it anywhere premixed in bottles which is what I thought Ironman handed out.

Do you have time to try it out in training? Personally I like the regular formula better, but that's me.
Quote Reply
Re: Gatorade Endurance vs. Regular Formula [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes I use the powder. Way cheaper and easier than bottles.

The rave is Saturday so no time to try it out unfortunately
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i wouldnt suggest going to a rave before a triathlon. seems like that would make for a terrible racing experience.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Gatorade Endurance vs. Regular Formula [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hahahahaha.... I guess auto correct still has its tendencies from my party days
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Personally, I use Gat End for a major portion of my calories as well, so unless the race has a ton of climbing, I’m probably going to put a bottle of GE in each of cages so I can have what I trained with. I’m at about a 24oz every 15 miles for a 70.3, so I’d bring my first 3 and just pick up a bottle at the last aid station to get me back to T2. But that’s me. If you have a bunch of climbing, I’m probably only starting with 1 or 2 bottles and then live off course as planned.

Chatt 70.3 a couple years ago had an aid station every 15 miles, it was definitely nice to race with only a single bottle on the bike, but they also had the GE as advertised.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It depends how much you need the extra electrolytes. As a horrible cramper GE is pretty much a must for me or I will use a custom mix. A few years back I raced IM Mt Tremblant and they only had regular there (some Canadian regulation prevents them from using GE) and I definitely noted the difference. I would suggest having a concentrated bottle on your bike and just taking water at the aid stations and carrying a run belt with GE.

You can also bring home one of those candy rings from the rave for additional sucrose!
Quote Reply
Re: Gatorade Endurance vs. Regular Formula [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:
i wouldnt suggest going to a rave before a triathlon. seems like that would make for a terrible racing experience.

You clearly never heard of the Burning Man Ultra then 🤪
Quote Reply
Re: Gatorade Endurance vs. Regular Formula [Vetratten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’d bring my own…I’d be worried about bonking. Gatorade is just simple sugars, not complex carbs. Would suck to have a crap race because of something simple like this.
Quote Reply