Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Finally...Specialized enters the aero road bike fray. [msuguy512] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It looks to be that between better cable routing and more aero brakes, that there are an easy 10w to be saved. (Of course this is a seat of the pants, overreaction to those cables shown in the pic.) Kinda ruins my initial lust for the bike. Back to having a woddy for an S3.

Ken

"the trick is to keep losing weight until your friends and family ask you if you've been sick. then you know you're within 10 pounds. if they start whispering to each other, wondering if you've got cancer or aids, you're within 5. when they actually do an intervention, you're at race weight." - Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Finally...Specialized enters the aero road bike fray. [Nailey13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nailey13 wrote:
Yes, that was the comment I was referring to. I'm sorry if I misinterpreted your point. My observations still stand though, I think, even if you were not the person to whom they should have been directed. I think very few cyclists have "maxed out" their training (or perhaps even reached the pt. where returns have begun to diminish). Purchasing a watt advantage is entirely one's prerogative, BUT, as is always said on ST, consistent and well-structured training will do most people far more good. And furthermore, the variability in conditions that nebmot describes could very well end up cutting into the purported gains.

As is ALWAYS said on ST, why can't people have both?

"the trick is to keep losing weight until your friends and family ask you if you've been sick. then you know you're within 10 pounds. if they start whispering to each other, wondering if you've got cancer or aids, you're within 5. when they actually do an intervention, you're at race weight." - Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Finally...Specialized enters the aero road bike fray. [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Not very original on the decals......

Quote Reply
Re: Finally...Specialized enters the aero road bike fray. [phillyfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The scheme is actually quite different if you look past the colors...

Asad
Quote Reply
Re: Finally...Specialized enters the aero road bike fray. [asad137] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
asad137 wrote:
The scheme is actually quite different if you look past the colors...

Asad

Well, when you are discussing "color schemes" that is a pretty big "if"!!!

;^)

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Finally...Specialized enters the aero road bike fray. [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
Well, when you are discussing "color schemes" that is a pretty big "if"!!!

Haha, true. But if colors alone mattered, phillyfan's statement almost implies that any bike with a red and black color scheme is unoriginal...

Asad
Quote Reply
Re: Finally...Specialized enters the aero road bike fray. [asad137] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you dig a little deaper, do some homework, you can answer youself...
Quote Reply
Re: Finally...Specialized enters the aero road bike fray. [redtdi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe they are expecting everyone to use Di2?

Ride Scoozy Electric Bicycles
http://www.RideScoozy.com
Quote Reply
Re: Finally...Specialized enters the aero road bike fray. [msuguy512] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its definetly a beautiful looking bike. I'm looking forward to seeing it in person along with a 11 SL3 and also looking forward to see the 2012 Sl3 (probably only new color schemes; maybe some minor changes).

I know neither the SL3 or the Verge will make me "that" much better in regards to racing road (which is rare), but I'm bound to reward myself next fall for completeing my degree and getting a new job. Its nice to have options; the Shiv is also a lure but then again I just bought a p3 so no true need to replace it.

So am I right in assuming that the stuffness on the SL3 does not beat the lack of stiffness with decrease in drag on the verge?.

To put it simply - Verge > SL3?

Due to decrease in drag (reduction in stiffness) > superior stiffness (higher drag)?

http://flexthatframe.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Finally...Specialized enters the aero road bike fray. [reventon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Finally...Specialized enters the aero road bike fray. [reventon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shiv won't be around this fall, it's done and will be replaced this Spring.

The 2011 SLs had some pretty major changes, so I doubt you'll see much there.

I want to know where the battery goes on the Venge with Di2.

Bob
Quote Reply
Re: Finally...Specialized enters the aero road bike fray. [Macho Grande] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Shiv won't be around this fall, it's done and will be replaced this Spring."

What will it be replaced with, a UCI legal design?

Since this was the first year, kind of surprising it will only be around for 1 year.

Fraser Bicycle | First Endurance

Check out my blog here | Twitter:@tmalis3
Quote Reply
Re: Finally...Specialized enters the aero road bike fray. [Tom3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's actually been around for about three years. There are literally none to be found right now.

It will, as I have been told, replaced with a UCI legal design, no nosecone, and fully Di2 compatible. Tour of California is what I've heard/been told.

RV
Last edited by: Macho Grande: Mar 18, 11 10:34
Quote Reply
Re: Finally...Specialized enters the aero road bike fray. [Macho Grande] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So pretty much a Shiv with no nosecone? or a completely new design?

When you say there are none to be found now, are you referring to the Shiv or the replacement?

Just curious as I picked up a Shiv about a month ago, and I know my shop had a hard time finding one.

Quote Reply
Re: Finally...Specialized enters the aero road bike fray. [Tom3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, yes, the Shiv is gone and in zero inventory unless, I think, you ride the smallest size. I was supposed to be on one racing for my shop this season, but Specialized dropped the news. So I am riding a Transition Pro until later in the season.

I don't know about the design beyond the Di2 compatibility and nosecone. I would imagine some of the work from the Venge would go into this bike as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You don't need to apologize to me, I picked it up a month ago. So I have mine, and can't wait to take it outside (gotta love Michigan winters!)

I was just surprised to see you write they are done, but it makes sense to have a UCI legal version. Curious how the drag will compare.....let the speculation begin!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Macho Grande wrote:
Shiv won't be around this fall, it's done and will be replaced this Spring.

The 2011 SLs had some pretty major changes, so I doubt you'll see much there.

I want to know where the battery goes on the Venge with Di2.

Bob

It's on the underside of the downtube.

Quote | Reply
You'll enjoy the Shiv, it is a rocket.....I also picked up mine about a month but I live in FL.....stiff, responsive and fantastic cornering.

Let's see what they come up with but let me tell you I'm happy to own the non UCI legal version.

Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: Finally...Specialized enters the aero road bike fray. [boilermaker_yv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey all,

I'm in San Remo right now -- just watched the teams debut the Venge, with Goss taking down a stunner in the finish. What a great week debuting this bike!

When I'm back in the states next week, I'm glad to answer all of the aero questions on this forum post. Sorry for the delay getting back to you.

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Specialized Bicycle Components
Quote Reply
Re: Finally...Specialized enters the aero road bike fray. [phillyfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are those bikes both the "team" versions of the same team? Wouldn't be a suprise that they would be similar...
Quote Reply
Re: Finally...Specialized enters the aero road bike fray. [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not a bad point...but I'm sure it will be team color; black, yellow, white by TDF....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
phillyfan wrote:
Not a bad point...but I'm sure it will be team color; black, yellow, white by TDF....

I suspect they'll make a green one for TdF also. :)

The production bike is different and unique. I think the cosmetic treatment suits the lines of the bikes well. I'm eager to hear Mark's report on the performance details.

-SD
Quote Reply
Re: Finally...Specialized enters the aero road bike fray. [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I seriously doubt he would say anything negative about the bike. Have you ever heard any professional racer, say something negative about the bike he/she was riding on?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah should be interesting to compare. I sell for Scott out east, our data is coming with our launch next month....I know the frame weighs 850g.
Our decal kit for F01 was created for a visual effect of 'black' color bike when looking from the front, and a 'red' bike from the rear...pretty cool.
As soon as I saw the Venge it looked to me as though they were trying to duplicate.
Can't wait to see the Trek and Giant versions...
Quote Reply
Re: Finally...Specialized enters the aero road bike fray. [AndrewM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndrewM wrote:
I seriously doubt he would say anything negative about the bike. Have you ever heard any professional racer, say something negative about the bike he/she was riding on?

No words were spoken, but none really had to be.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro2nDhJ6Wp8
Quote Reply

Prev Next