Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Felt ia 3t Difflock Seatpost
Quote | Reply
Felt ia 3t Difflock Seatpost
It move left n right, after put on a carbon rail saddle. I already try different difflock cap, the round and the oval.

how did u get that fix.
Please help.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt ia 3t Difflock Seatpost [lightspeed79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
does the saddle have 7x9 or 7x10 rails? it matters. the oval caps still might not fit if it's a 7x10
Quote Reply
Re: Felt ia 3t Difflock Seatpost [jazzymusicman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I try both, it still still moving.
It move from the outer ring.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It have another post with the same problem.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...k_movement_P6326053/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd try greasing it all to hell and then being very careful with reassembly. Take care that the inner ring is well-centered within the outer ring. Then, torque both sides evenly, slowly, maybe like a quarter turn at a time. If you tighten one side more than the other it shifts the inner ring and then the loose side gets pulled out of alignment and the cap wont seat well. If you keep screwing you then strip the threads.

I would guess if that doesn't work, you probably have a stripped diflock mechanism. I think the center ring is aluminium and it strips pretty easy and when it does it doesnt hold much torque. I did this and got a replacement at Mybikeshop and it fixed the problem.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt ia 3t Difflock Seatpost [rdubs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ey! I think I striped the Difflock mechanism since I am not available to tight one of the bolts anymore. Using the 5nm torque the seat was still shacking so I put bit more and...my fault.

My question is: I have seen online some replacements on the 3t website it says for ionic and palladio seatspost. Are those also compatible with my felt Ar2 2016? Any ideas?

My concern is that the diameter of the Difflock system is the same on all the seatpost or it works only for certain seatpost types?

Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: Felt ia 3t Difflock Seatpost [rebiker17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My mate stripped his, just last week.
In the end rather than paying £30+ for what seems a crapily designed fragile assembly... he just drilled out the bolt hole and put a steel bolt through it and a nyloc nut the other. Clamping loads are even as a result. And it cost about £5 to get a box of nuts and box of varying length bolts.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt ia 3t Difflock Seatpost [rebiker17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You could probably check with Felt to be sure but I believe that all "diffLocks" are the same regardless of bike model, I think they are the same between AR/IA, just need to be sure you are using the right endcaps.

It's a fragile bit. The through-bolt technique honestly sounds like a great idea.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When my diff lock did that, after I was sure that everything was greased and torqued properly , I relized that the problem was likely the metal splines embedded in the seatpost itself ,wearing out. I brought it to my felt shop and they got me a new seatpost (~$250, i think)

Turns out, felt got rid of the difflock mechanism and went to the type that just presses in. Harder to get dialed perfectly (in my opinion) but no instruction manual required either.
Quote Reply