Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Did anyone see me wreck this morning...Del Dios / Lake Hodges? [WCTC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Yknot,
I am filling in information as it comes to me.
There were 3 men riding and 2 women. The 3 men and 1 woman were ahead of the accident. The 2nd woman was behind the two people that crashed. Neither of whom were in her group.
I actually don't have to worry about getting my story straight. I had nothing to do with this. And it is clear that people posting pics of our members in this forum and assuming they had anything to do with Dave's terrible accident is fairly premature.

I was simply trying to clear the air because I don't ride with anyone that wouldn't help out a fallen cyclist or one in need.

The 2nd woman said she called 911 to report the accident. Perhaps the car got to Dave before she did. It doesn't matter who called or in what order they called, the important issue was that she saw both parties go down and non of them were members of her group. I don't know and really it doesn't matter because the only person that could actually know what happened was the individual that was in the crash with Dave. No one knows who that person was.

Riding is extremely dangerous and they often say it's not if, but rather when you will go down. As stated before I wish all the best to Dave.

I don't have all the information and was simply trying to clear the air and hopefully bring in some information that might help.

Maybe you should get facts together for the police and actually help resolve this situation. Until then I would strongly advise you find another forum to post your inconsistent jibberish.
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone see me wreck this morning...Del Dios / Lake Hodges? [WCTC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From your previous post it was not clear to me if the rider who hit UNC_Tri_Guy was in your club or not. That was something important to clarify.
I understand your desire to defend the club from allegations but I would support others recommendations that weighing in on this forum before you have all the facts looks very bad.
Also, just since there are allegations flying I don't want to hide behind anonymous usernames. Feel free to PM me and I will send contact info (in case you want it for whatever reason). We are all in agreement in wishing the best recovery for UNC_Tri_Guy. i will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

-Joshua
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone see me wreck this morning...Del Dios / Lake Hodges? [edtlonsway] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah, the beauty of slowtwitch, just slamming people because. Dave simply asked if anyone had any details on his accident and it has turned into attacking Garrett and the WCTC. (And Dave I'm not talking about you.) Garrett has simply given his account of what has happened and you all continue to attack. Had he not said anything you still would have attacked him/ WCTC. None of you people were there except Dave, back off and wait for some facts before just attacking people.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Yknot,
I am filling in information as it comes to me.
There were 3 men riding and 2 women. The 3 men and 1 woman were ahead of the accident. The 2nd woman was behind the two people that crashed. Neither of whom were in her group.
I actually don't have to worry about getting my story straight. I had nothing to do with this. And it is clear that people posting pics of our members in this forum and assuming they had anything to do with Dave's terrible accident is fairly premature.

I was simply trying to clear the air because I don't ride with anyone that wouldn't help out a fallen cyclist or one in need.

The 2nd woman said she called 911 to report the accident. Perhaps the car got to Dave before she did. It doesn't matter who called or in what order they called, the important issue was that she saw both parties go down and non of them were members of her group. I don't know and really it doesn't matter because the only person that could actually know what happened was the individual that was in the crash with Dave. No one knows who that person was.

Riding is extremely dangerous and they often say it's not if, but rather when you will go down. As stated before I wish all the best to Dave.

I don't have all the information and was simply trying to clear the air and hopefully bring in some information that might help.

You should stop posting, really. Your attempt at covering for the group makes it only sound worse.

"What if your lawyer doesn't ask the question?" "Vinny will!"
"It's not about asking questions, it's about asking the right questions. What if Vinny asks a question and the person has all the answers, it makes us look worse."

You've answered all the questions, but come out looking worse.

CS

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone see me wreck this morning...Del Dios / Lake Hodges? [Flat frog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
threads like this are why I come here.
Next!
Igot
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone see me wreck this morning...Del Dios / Lake Hodges? [Kestrelkerri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don' think "Garrett" said he was there.

His comments seem all to be hearsay and a clumsy attempt on damage control.

It is also evident that the cyclists/triathletes (regardless of their affiliation) who "came by" the accident all fell into the "ride on but feel guilty" and "ride on guilt-free" group of the last poll on this site.

Last edited by: de-tri-mental: Aug 29, 10 13:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I call bullshit. 5 riders
(3 men 2 women) in the group. 4 riders (3 plus 1) in front of the crash, 1 behind the crash makes 5, but the crash was caused by a 6th rider? Based on your statement, discounting mystery rider #6, it was either caused by the last person in the group of 4 or by the fifth rider (woman) trailing.

When adding the statement by the paramedic:
spoke with FD/paramedic who treated me. According to him, the guy who clipped me declined treatment and bolted. it was a male rider who caused the crash which must the last in the group of 4.

If you have any standards in your club, leaving the scene of accident like that should result in expulsion.

Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone see me wreck this morning...Del Dios / Lake Hodges? [Kestrelkerri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Ah, the beauty of slowtwitch, just slamming people because. Dave simply asked if anyone had any details on his accident and it has turned into attacking Garrett and the WCTC. (And Dave I'm not talking about you.) Garrett has simply given his account of what has happened and you all continue to attack. Had he not said anything you still would have attacked him/ WCTC. None of you people were there except Dave, back off and wait for some facts before just attacking people.

The "facts" are why he is being questioned! His comments directly contradict what the OP has posted and in some cases what he previously posted. The "attacks" are simply saying that he should stop posting until these facts are proven and stop putting a patchwork story together that makes it appear that he is deflecting blame. Perhaps you should put your personal feelings aside and look at the posts dispassionately as everyone on here save you seems to be of like mind.
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone see me wreck this morning...Del Dios / Lake Hodges? [jacknine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you ridden Del Dios before!? It happens to be one of the most bike traveled routes, especially on a Saturday. There easily could have been another rider behind the group of 5. Also if you've never ridden Del Dios, it's a screaming downhill where it wouldn't be uncommon if something did happen right behind you, you probably wouldn't hear a thing. But with your deductions, I'm assuming you're probably familiar with this road.

Garrett is a good guy and I don't think anyone is trying to cover for anyone.
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone see me wreck this morning...Del Dios / Lake Hodges? [edtlonsway] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no problem my friend! Have a great day!
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone see me wreck this morning...Del Dios / Lake Hodges? [de-tri-mental] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
agree with you de-tri-mental. Dave, get better man! it's hard for me to believe WCTC guy when he wasn't there, and seems quite defensive and comes across condescending; which then leads the readers to 'assume' anyhow.
Dave, hope you recover well and figure out the facts that may help you make sense of the situation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
According to his own story, the 5th rider, a woman, was behind the crash. The only explanation why it would not be one of the group of 4 is if a 6th rider had joined their group, riding second to last.
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone see me wreck this morning...Del Dios / Lake Hodges? [KEAU] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Updated on the Swamis google group.

http://groups.google.com/group/swamis-cycling

I heard some riders talking about a crash while having coffee at Nytro post ride.

Ill keep mining Dave, keep getting better.

Looks like there are some updates over there on the swamis board.
Must be one heck of a busy/dangerous road....

Re: Did anyone see me wreck this morning...Del Dios / Lake Hodges? [trirock70] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To all:

I am a member of West Coast Tri and I ride an Elite Razor TT bike. First, I want to express that I hope Dave has a speedy recovery. Also I want to let you ALL know that NONE of the people in my group or I clip Dave as some my previously written/concluded that a WCTC rider "possibly" with an Elite bike did. I was descending down Del Dios with 3 other people in this order: my training partner Trevor (also on WCTC), myself, a guy named John and my Coach Terry. I remember passing a rider with a Garmin jersey, which was apparently Dave. Trevor, myself and John all cleanly passed by Dave and another rider in the street. My coach Terry was back a little further and watched us pass without any issues. She then passed Dave on her own to reconnect with us. After that we obviously can not comment on what we did not see. But what we can comment on is that we did not make contact with Dave or see him go down.

However another person that was riding with us earlier, named Julie did witness Dave and a few other people go down. According to what Julie told Trevor and I is that she was riding with a guy named Bill in a Phit Group kit. Julie indicated that she did not see exactly what made Dave crash but she said that all of a sudden she saw him and another rider in the air and then went down. Julie indicated that after that Bill went down along with another guy riding a white Colnago. Julie said she called 911 and that all of those riders got themselves together along with another rider that stopped who was an orthopedic doctor and stayed with Dave until the Medics got there.

Again, I did not witness this as I am just relaying what Julie told me happened. I would appreciate it if people would stop arguing on here about roadies and triathletes. That's lame. Someone got hurt out on the road and that's all the matters. Not what type of bike you ride.

Also, Garrett is a great friend of mine and someone I have the utmost respect for. He did not mean any disrespect in his previous post. He was only trying to look out for his friends and teammates.

-Scott

Last edited by: LJride: Aug 29, 10 14:16
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone see me wreck this morning...Del Dios / Lake Hodges? [LJride] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check this thread of Julie's account....

http://groups.google.com/...ead/e49dae6b0d86a552
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
back off and wait for some facts before just attacking people.

uh, you new here? ;)

All the best Dave, get well now, kick ass later. Don't forget to post up what the doc says.
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone see me wreck this morning...Del Dios / Lake Hodges? [LJride] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting, good to hear an actual witness' account.
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone see me wreck this morning...Del Dios / Lake Hodges? [UNC_Tri_Guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hi --
i don't know who you are but I am certainly sorry to hear that you had such a horrific accident. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Have Fun ** Tri Hard ** Be Kind
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone see me wreck this morning...Del Dios / Lake Hodges? [UNC_Tri_Guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OP,

Best to you and your family, and godspeed in recovery.
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone see me wreck this morning...Del Dios / Lake Hodges? [bmcmaster11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
I always laugh/cringe when I see triathletes in a pace line on the aerobars, especially as it sounds like groups of riders that are unknown by all. Just a recipe for disaster and as from the comments and pictures being shown, certainly sounds like bike handling skills are lacking (which is common among triathletes).

A wonder WHY they would be in a pace-line. You can't get in one "legally" in a race - so why do it in practice?

I just assume its the roadies on tri-bikes that can't seem to break the drafting mind-set.

Unreasonable assumption. I have never seen or heard of roadies riding their TT bikes in a paceline. By definition, they have road bikes, and one would think they would ride those in group rides. Usually, when I see a tri-bike in a group ride, it is a triathlete who only owns that one bike, and many have the good sense to stay off the aerobars unless they are off the back, or perhaps at the front. Funny thing, I regularly do a ride around here with a local tri club, but most people are on road bikes, since it is a group ride. There are a few idiots, however, who insist on getting in the aerobars at inappropriate times. One guy who does that consistently still has his race number on the bike from last year's IM AZ!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
To all:

I am a member of West Coast Tri and I ride an Elite Razor TT bike. First, I want to express that I hope Dave has a speedy recovery. Also I want to let you ALL know that NONE of the people in my group or I clip Dave as some my previously written/concluded that a WCTC rider "possibly" with an Elite bike did. I was descending down Del Dios with 3 other people in this order: my training partner Trevor (also on WCTC), myself, a guy named John and my Coach Terry. I remember passing a rider with a Garmin jersey, which was apparently Dave. Trevor, myself and John all cleanly passed by Dave and another rider in the street. My coach Terry was back a little further and watched us pass without any issues. She then passed Dave on her own to reconnect with us. After that we obviously can not comment on what we did not see. But what we can comment on is that we did not make contact with Dave or see him go down.

However another person that was riding with us earlier, named Julie did witness Dave and a few other people go down. According to what Julie told Trevor and I is that she was riding with a guy named Bill in a Phit Group kit. Julie indicated that she did not see exactly what made Dave crash but she said that all of a sudden she saw him and another rider in the air and then went down. Julie indicated that after that Bill went down along with another guy riding a white Colnago. Julie said she called 911 and that all of those riders got themselves together along with another rider that stopped who was an orthopedic doctor and stayed with Dave until the Medics got there.

Again, I did not witness this as I am just relaying what Julie told me happened. I would appreciate it if people would stop arguing on here about roadies and triathletes. That's lame. Someone got hurt out on the road and that's all the matters. Not what type of bike you ride.

Also, Garrett is a great friend of mine and someone I have the utmost respect for. He did not mean any disrespect in his previous post. He was only trying to look out for his friends and teammates.

-Scott

And just like that all the ST BS stops. Thanks Scott, appreciate you stepping in to clarify and stop this foolishness. Please also pass along our thanks to Julie for stopping and rendering aid. Dave, best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone see me wreck this morning...Del Dios / Lake Hodges? [aztriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

[/reply]

And just like that all the ST BS stops. Thanks Scott, appreciate you stepping in to clarify and stop this foolishness. Please also pass along our thanks to Julie for stopping and rendering aid. Dave, best wishes for a speedy recovery.

[/reply]

Wrong. The ST BS will continue whether in this thread or another. Those who make spurious accusations simply move on without apology and without learning from the experience. It is so easy on the anonymous internet...
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone see me wreck this morning...Del Dios / Lake Hodges? [greg'n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So very true!!
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone see me wreck this morning...Del Dios / Lake Hodges? [cholla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
<< I have never seen or heard of roadies riding their TT bikes in a paceline.

also not a good assumption for here in the San Diego area. On the regular Wednesday ride there are many roadies that show up on their time trial bikes. Thurlow Rogers, one of the best over 50 roadies in the World regularly rides his Trek TTX on the Wednesday group ride and he's never done a triathlon.

Dave, hope you make a speedy recovery and if I can help with anything don't hesitate to PM me.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone see me wreck this morning...Del Dios / Lake Hodges? [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure, but do they ride on the aerobars in close proximity (like a regular group ride)? If so, I wouldn't want to ride anywhere near them, no matter how much of an accomplished pro they might be. That's simply irresponsible.
Quote Reply

Prev Next