Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Dave Mirra -RIP [ttmonkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shocking ! Incredibly sad .. I just read through chromedome's blog about him and Dave Mirra.. Now I'm even more sad just thinking about that ..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm incredibly shocked and sad. I can't really believe this right now. So many thoughts and prayers need to be sent to his wife, two kids, friends, and family right now.

Rest in peace Dave. You were a pretty awesome and influential human being.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Training/Racing Log - http://www.earthdaykid.com/blog --- Old Training/Racing Log - http://colinlaughery.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unreal. Can't believe this happened. Earlier today I was going through his Instagram and had every form of envy possible. Family, bike, life, etc and now this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rest in Peace Dave Mirra, I hope the demons are quiet and the roads are flat and smooth where you are.
Quote Reply
Re: Dave Mirra -RIP [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WTF? WOW I am totally speechless right now and can't believe this news.
Quote Reply
Re: Dave Mirra -RIP [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
His wife and kids...... :(
Quote Reply
Re: Dave Mirra -RIP [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is cte

Follow me on Twitter @CK21TRHC
I use what I love: ISM, Blue70, Trek, FLO
Quote Reply
Re: Dave Mirra -RIP [ck21trhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chronic traumatic encephalothy. It's a degenerative disease from repeated blows to the head. Junior Seau and other football players who have committed suicide had this disease that they say leads to terrible, terrible side effects. We can assume that Dave hit his head many times while BMXing so it does make sense if that might be a cause. It is super sad, I remember when my brother had one of his bikes, Haro Blamo (?). I was shocked when my fiancé told me he committed suicide.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Dave Mirra -RIP [ck21trhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chronic traumatic encephalopathy- Which could have been brought on from head hits during crashes. Simular to what Junior Seau went through. #beadadnotafad
Quote Reply
Re: Dave Mirra -RIP [Louamerica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I check in with Chromedome's blog a few times a year. I just checked it last night and re-read the entry when Mirra gave him his P5. Thought it was a great story.
Really sad news.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Possible his meningitis battle in 2010 could of attacked his brain too. Truly sad in all aspects of this. A great inspiration to me and now he is gone. Too bad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shocking... I've been following him ever since I saw him at the 70.3 Worlds in Tremblant almost two years ago.

It's national suicide prevention week too, in Canada anyway.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thoughts and prayers for his family and friends.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Quote Reply
Re: Dave Mirra -RIP [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well said
Quote Reply
Re: Dave Mirra -RIP [Exige] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exige wrote:
I have had close personal friends who seemed to be at the best point in life do the same I just dont get it.

Pray that you never do 'get it'. It's an utterly horrible place to be.

RIP, Dave.

/Howie Nordström
Last edited by: lllusion: Feb 4, 16 19:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sucky week between him and Mcgarry. Huge losses to the tri world, mtb world, and pretty much the whole world right now. Speechless
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Such sad news. Thoughts and prayers for his wife, daughters and the rest of his family as well. May they find support and peace as they go through this time.
Quote Reply
Re: Dave Mirra -RIP [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that was my first thought too...
so sad regardless, but not sure science has the answer yet to treat CTE
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Prayers to his family, totally inspirational dude, will be missed

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think its very sad for his wife, his kids, friends and family and I suspect the only thing we can say is that we never really know what is going on with other people, but the way they perceive themselves and others perceive them just doesn't align for some people and its very sad when they believe it warrants this
Quote Reply
Re: Dave Mirra -RIP [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That really sucks. Thoughts are with his family and friends.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At the awards ceremony for IMLP this past year, Dave was included prominently in the video they showed. At the end of it, his kids were seen going up to him and giving him a big hug. It got a big ovation. Just a really cool image of a fellow competitor sharing the experience with his family.

I also loved the way he wanted to earn, not be given, a trip to Kona. It was a privilege to race against him.

RIP, Dave
Quote Reply
Re: Dave Mirra -RIP [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Growing up in the US you idiolized guys like Mirra and Hoffman, heck every kid wanted a BMX bike. As other said you never know what kind of demons someone is facing, be it the head trauma or whatever it was. Never heard a bad thing about the guy but the saddest part is what he leaves behind...kids are too young and what that puts on his spouse. RIP and prayers to the family.
Quote Reply
Re: Dave Mirra -RIP [tom1111] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We can never know the demons that drive some to such an act of such gravity and finality as suicide. They are often the same that drive us to go the extra mile and push the extra watt in training. Dave Mirra's ability on a BMX inspired me to get on a bike as an overweight pre-teen which slowly morphed into a love for triathlon many years later. I only wish I could have racked my bike next to him at a race and shared pre-race jitters or post-race triumph. Thoughts and prayers with his family. RIP Dave.
Quote Reply
Re: Dave Mirra -RIP [Exige] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exige wrote:
I seriously dont understand this. after he started doing Ironman races I started to follow him on social media, he seemed like such a good dad everything for his kids and overall great human to neighbors and friends and happy.

I have had close personal friends who seemed to be at the best point in life do the same I just dont get it.
Being a great dad, partner and friend and seeming happy doesn't cure depression, unfortunately.
I don't know a whole lot about Dave, but maybe and hopefully he was happy for the most part. If you know someone who struggles with depression but you think their life seems great, I think it's important not to tell them they shouldn't be depressed. That's not what it's about.
Quote Reply

Prev Next