Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2013-Mar 24 2014 [kaycee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kaycee wrote:
I'm in. Guys, you may want to transform your running. I want to share with you a good post about the training secrets of the world�s best runners & triathletes.

http://bobbymcgee.com/...-running-coach-tell/

Hope you like it.

Thanks,
Kaycee

since this is the 2nd post you've made in 2 separate threads, I'm calling SPAM on this one.

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2013-Mar 24 2014 [kathy_caribe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not to mention he hasn't even joined the challenge.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2013-Mar 24 2014 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I need to update the training log but the browser at work doesn't support it and I always forget at home . . . rest assured I am still here! I had a couple of days where I didn't run the full 30 minutes after I ended my Thanksgiving to New Years "5k a day" streak, but still slowly putting in the miles. Ran two marathons this weekend (obviously at an easy pace since it was a double) but ended up 11 minutes faster on the second day. (4:23 vs. 4:34 - I'm not fast . . . but I'll take it!)
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2013-Mar 24 2014 [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interested if others are doing the challenge in addition to training for an event, and how they're finding it?

On 6 January I started a (in fact, my first) pre-built HIM training plan and on days where there's not a planned run I'm supplementing with a 30 minute for the challenge. I like the opportunity that the additional runs provide for me to focus on my running style, as I'm trying to get more efficient and avoid a recurrence of achilles tendonitis.

Of course, it adds to my run and overall volume, but I do just over 30 minutes and I keep it very easy. I seem to be okay so far, but I'll be interested to see how I cope as the training plan runs become harder and longer.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2013-Mar 24 2014 [Neil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not training for any specific event, but am racing our local winter series (5, 10, and 10 milers). The first race, 5-miler was Dec 14, it was a great way to kick off the 100/100 challenge. The next race, 10-miler is this Saturday, with the final race of the series next month, also a 10-miler.

http://winterdistanceseries.com/

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2013-Mar 24 2014 [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm registered for a 30k run race at the end of March. So ideal timing. I'll have a couple weeks to taper from all this OR...OR maybe I'll just extend the challenge right up to race day and celebrate the end of the 100/100 with a 30 k run! :)
Regardless, looking forward to the event and testing the run fitness after a winter of solid run training

Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2013-Mar 24 2014 [TriBeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm happy to report that because of all the running we have been doing Bailey has regained his figure and now fits thru the cat door again. He still hasn't returned to the same distances we were running in Sept/Oct because most of my runs are happening after my 10 month old son's bedtime and I am not a fan of running in the dark.

My goal for the remainder of the challenge is to keep running 6 days a week and at least have one saturday or sunday where I run 2 times. I keep thinking this weekend is going to be the one I run a double but I always run out of hrs in the day.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2013-Mar 24 2014 [marcia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like you and Bailey are on target for this Challenge. Can we get a new pic of Bailey?

I planned to share more pictures of Bumpass during this challenge, but work gets in the way. Darn it!

Here's a pic of Bumpass after one of our runs. He's resting on my sweaty workout clothes. He's so adorable.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm trying to fit in races along with the challenge. Already did a 15k but a time goal race (Carlsbad half) is this weekend.

Going to try two rest days this time - one Thurs, one Sat (per Hudson) - to see if it helps to freshen up. Probably another rest day on Mon just to be safe.

Last three races have been with no rest (Pfitz) and it just felt like too much running in the last week. If two days off feels like too much this time, maybe I'll try just one rest day in Boston.

Having trouble keeping up with the leaders despite running every day and mixing in some doubles when I can. I'll fall farther down the spreadsheet after this weekend.

The challenge has definitely been a good motivator and the streak has helped me get out the door on more than one occasion, that's for sure!

Congrats to everyone for "just showing up!"
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2013-Mar 24 2014 [TriBeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

yesterday here at our bay. chilly waters but unusually calm. this is what happens to the water during a norte. not sure if either picture will load?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bumpass looks super comfortable there. Who needs dogs beds these days.

Here is Bailey asking to end play time and start run time. If only I had his energy we would be at the top of the leader board.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2013-Mar 24 2014 [marcia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great picture. Put a smile on my face. Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2013-Mar 24 2014 [kathy_caribe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like heaven. Thank you for sharing.

Hope everyone has a good run today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wooohooo! just cracked the top 100. until people update... :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOL.. I get excited when I crack 300. Seem to go back and forth. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2013-Mar 24 2014 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A question related to run time.

I am about to try and start running again (after doing something stupid and don't we all do that sometimes).
Was curious as to whether 3 -10 minute runs separated by 10 minutes of not running would qualify as the min. 30 minute run, within the rules and spirit of your challenge.
If it isn't, so be it.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2013-Mar 24 2014 [phog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can do 30 x1 min runs spead over the day for it is count as a single 30 min worth of running. So yes, you can do what you are proposing!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Flu is hitting our community and home, where is the cry like a bitch thread. I am beginning to feel achy...I may be down for 3-4 days. Anyone have any magic potions they can share.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am training for the Jerusalem Marathon 21 March followed by Mt Everest Base Camp Marathon 29 May, this challenge has meant that my two rest days ( cross train) per wk has become running days to avoid injury I do the 30 minutes real easy.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2013-Mar 24 2014 [harrybotha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
harrybotha wrote:
I am training for the Jerusalem Marathon 21 March followed by Mt Everest Base Camp Marathon 29 May, this challenge has meant that my two rest days ( cross train) per wk has become running days to avoid injury I do the 30 minutes real easy.

Harry, stick to your plan. Probably better to have your planned rest days. You can always split up some higher volume days into multiple runs, which frankly is not a bad thing, but layering easy runs on rest days/cross training days is probably not good in the long run.

I'm going to be on business travel for four out of the next 6 weeks so all I will be able to do is run while on the road. I'm backing off 100/100 pace for the next 3 days and may not run at all and just do other sports that I won't have access to that much in the next while. Time to get on skis and swim a bit more. Timing is probably decent anyway. Yesterday I only had time to run 15 minutes before a meeting so I did that, hoping to run later. At lunch time, I wanted to hit the pool and did not have time for 15 more minutes of running before or after (because I wanted to get the full swim workout in). Then life at work sucked out any remaining energy and by the end of the day, I did not want to do anything and decided to start on backing off running for 4 days before I hit the airplane-hotel-rental car-train-taxi-office building routine with runs thrown into the that mix.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2013-Mar 24 2014 [blueraider_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was out for 3 days around New Years. I know I shouldn't try to "make up" workouts but I found it easier to get back into it running twice instead of my normal longer runs. It took about a week and a half to catch up and my weekly volume only went up slightly.

There is still plenty of time to get back on track so if in doubt, take the extra day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for your advice Paul. I did a 21 km trail run this morning, my legs felt heavy and took strain over the last 3 kms and put this down to the unbroken spell since the middle of Dec. To see this challenge through the next 65 days will require several complete rest days.
I note your busy work schedule and how much more difficult it is for you to keep up with the challenge

Interesting, if the only criteria was hours on the road I would be in 1st place ( 45:20) second position a mere 6 seconds behind.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2013-Mar 24 2014 [harrybotha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's a 100/100 mini-race report:

Frosty's Frozen 5 & 10, Littleton, CO ( I did the 10 miler)

1:02:15
Perfect race weather (mid-40's at the start) and virtually no wind
Out and back course, downhill out, uphill back, but very gentle
Decided to run by effort and not pace, stuck to 80% mHR on the way out
HR% crept up to 85% on the way back
Didn't take any on course fuel/water
Felt solid throughout, easily had another 3.1 in me at the same effort.
8th O/A, 1st M40-44
3 hours after the race I feel good enough to run again today, but will hit the rollers instead
Looking forward to a recovery run tomorrow!

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2013-Mar 24 2014 [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats on the AG win!
Quote Reply

Prev Next