Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2013-Mar 24 2014 [TheRhino] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nothing like a quick, free body cleanse. However, it got to the point where I didn't know which end it would come out. TMI

John Snyder @URNotAsCoolAsMe
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2013-Mar 24 2014 [Snyderman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, that's where the wire basket trash can becomes an epic fail. Been there, no desire to go back.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2013-Mar 24 2014 [blueraider_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hang in there !

----------------------------------------------------------

"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life".
Zappa
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2013-Mar 24 2014 [Snyderman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Snyderman wrote:
Caught the flu and spent 6-7 hours cleansing myself in the bathroom last night. My running streak (going back before Thanksgiving) has ended...

Sounds like you are on the "lose weight - get faster" program. I need to get on that program, but not using the same technique as you!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Snyderman wrote:
Caught the flu and spent 6-7 hours cleansing myself in the bathroom last night. My running streak (going back before Thanksgiving) has ended...

Sorry to hear. Knock on wood but I have yet to have one sniffle this entire Fall/Winter and we are almost into Feb. Its unprecedented for me - especially with two little 'germ factories' (3 and a 6 yearold)' at home:)

Last nites 6 x 600m hill repeats in -34C windchill was the hardest workout I have done in a long time. Found it real difficult to get enough oxygen after each hard effort. Almost felt like I had asthma after the 4th so had to dial back abit on the last two intervals
Gotter done though and its a nice easy 30 min recovery run on for today

Get well and back out there soon !

Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2013-Mar 24 2014 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First double of the year. Did 12k in the early morning and then was able to get in a tempo effort at lunchtime. Now I have six hours to recuperate before the annual Burns Supper and several hours of Scottish line dancing along with eating the "haggis".
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2013-Mar 24 2014 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Super excited, I have moved into the top 200!

Dev - Thanks so much for organizing this. I always thought you all were crazy doing this. However, after grad school and a baby, I needed something to get me back into shape and get me out the door consistently and this has done the trick. Tracking this thread and the scoreboard has been very motivating. I was really worried about building up too fast, but my legs have been feeling great so far. Fingers crossed that they hold up as I add in more runs going forward. I laid out a plan to get to 80 runs at the start of this and I am still on schedule.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is this a typical day for you?

I guess you slept on the plane. Indeed a very busy day.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2013-Mar 24 2014 [marcia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm reading this thread longingly while I recover from a meniscus tear. I came here to look for TriBeer's dog and saw Bailey!

I had a Blue Heeler and loved her! So smart. I miss the troublemaker.

TriBeer - Looks like Bumpass is enjoying the runs again this year.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2013-Mar 24 2014 [KonaDreamer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KonaDreamer wrote:
hang in there !

Still out but hopeful...I actually flunked a flu test, but blood work shows something viral. I feel better, just swelling in my feet and hands - may go for a long walk today and see how my feet respond. Gonna have to reset my goals from 100 runs down 90, possibly 80. I have now missed 8 days - the good news I will be fresh if I get back this week, if it takes longer I am gonna be out of shape!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2013-Mar 24 2014 [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope you get back to running soon. Its rough being injured. What I have learned is that cattle dogs are the smartest dogs. That being said they are pretty gross too and quite the trouble maker. Here he is just randomly waiting for some action.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2013-Mar 24 2014 [blueraider_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
blueraider_mike wrote:
KonaDreamer wrote:
hang in there !

Still out but hopeful...I actually flunked a flu test, but blood work shows something viral. I feel better, just swelling in my feet and hands - may go for a long walk today and see how my feet respond. Gonna have to reset my goals from 100 runs down 90, possibly 80. I have now missed 8 days - the good news I will be fresh if I get back this week, if it takes longer I am gonna be out of shape!

I felt that I needed to take the day off today. I was feeling totally run down after a fairly busy biz travel schedule during the week. I got some really solid runs in, but was congested and stuffed up by the time I got home last night and felt a fever overnite. Going to Europe and back in a span of 4.5 days and traveling to three different cities locally flipping backwards 6 time zones and then forward through them was enough to put me under. I can't afford for this to explode since I have a lot of important business events in the next 2 weeks that I need to be healthy for. Originally my plan was 80/100, but as I have been XC skiing less, I thought about 100/100. Now I have missed 2 days, so I'm just above 90/100 pace. That's fine. I'lllet life decide if it is worth doubling up a bit in the second half....the main goal is to use the challenge to get fitter, not to make me sick and in hindsight, yesterday morning's run should have been a "DNS".
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2013-Mar 24 2014 [marcia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha!! Love that photo!

Mine was too smart! I got her when she was 10 years old. My ex wasn't sure about adopting a dog that old but she got along great with our kitties and other dog so that decided it. Within a couple days she learned "Get your daddy" and "Get your mama". She'd tear through the house to find whomever you told her to. I miss her so much. She lived to be 16!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
By the way, we are up to day 43, which means next Sunday we're up to day 50. Closing in on halfway...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
By the way, we are up to day 43, which means next Sunday we're up to day 50. Closing in on halfway...

Feeling great at 39 runs so far. I moved up to 7 runs a week recently and feel great. I had to take a day off because I was sick but a double later in the week made up for it. I'm going to try and get those 4 runs back over the next couple weeks via doubles so I can be on pace for 100. I'm also adding my riding back in 3 days a week. Once the challenge is over, I'll probably shift back down to 6 days of running and 4 days of riding to get ready for my Whistler training.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A few pictures of Bumpass after our runs:

1/18/2014 Meg Run. We wore blue:

Picture after our Sunday run. Bumpass was a bit tired:

Last edited by: TriBeer: Jan 27, 14 8:39
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2013-Mar 24 2014 [PeteDin206] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be doing the same after the challenge is over in preparation for Whistler. No days off yet, and still feeling good. Got back on the bike (3 days a week) about a month ago and will get the goggles dusted off starting next week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
20k tempo at the Marshes yesterday morning with nice negative split :48 and :46 for 1:34 ...all in -25 and on slippery footing. Felt strong and hadn't run longer than 1:10 since summer so this frequency business might be paying dividends (I hope:)

Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2013-Mar 24 2014 [shady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Frequency begets volume, which begets dividends ;)

I'm coming back from an injury so proceeding with caution speed wise but by running everyday for the minimum 30 mins (most days and a little longer others) I am still racking up 30 miles a week with almost no fatigue or impact on the ongoing bike focus.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2013-Mar 24 2014 [TheRhino] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Friendly Public Service Announcement: Watch your shoe mileage when chasing the 100/100 dream!!

My lower legs (read: shin splints) have been giving me fits for a week-plus. The pain kind of comes and goes while running, never consistent, worse on the downhills. I've added some more stretching, rolling with the stick, and self massage (go ahead and make the jokes, I know I would!) without much change. Last night I decided to check ye ol' shoe log, yes as a certified tri dork I maintain a shoe log. I have three pairs of shoes in the stable at 400+ miles and one pair just under 400 miles. After a millisecond of deep thought, I yanked those shoes out of the shoe rack, they are now destined for the recycle bin at my local running shop. Following that I immediately put two new pairs into circulation. I don't know if that's what's causing my problems, but those high mileage shoes certainly weren't helping either.

I typically get right around 400 miles before shoe retirement, have had a select few pairs carry me to 500 but have never had this many at that high of mileage in rotation at the same time. Even though I rotate shoes religiously on a daily basis, I was going from one high mileage shoe to another, day after day.

With the rest of my current shoe stable all under 150 miles, plus two brand spankin' new pair, we'll see if i magically heal up!

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2013-Mar 24 2014 [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes...getting a new pair of runners this week!

And can't believe I am confessing the following but.... I have done the last two runs on a treadmill!!! Oh the Horror!,
Just needed a break from this crazy cold winter we've been dealing with and actually didn't find the tready too bad. Pleasantly surprised but back outside tomorrow

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in the same boat as you - coming back from a long 2013 spent mostly on injured reserve with lots of starts and stops to my training. I've cracked the top 10 with mostly short runs (I have the lowest mileage and everything else of the top tier of runners) but it's exactly what I needed to get myself back in shape for 2014. So far so good - feeling pretty good almost halfway into the challenge.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2013-Mar 24 2014 [TheKoz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I felt like sitting on my couch instead of running today. This was the second time so far in the challenge I really had to summon my motivation.
Busted out a good hill workout though and I am on my way to my first 40 mile week in a couple of years. Amazing what the fear of AmZof long course will
do for your motivation.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2013-Mar 24 2014 [shady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shady wrote:
Yes...getting a new pair of runners this week!

And can't believe I am confessing the following but.... I have done the last two runs on a treadmill!!! Oh the Horror!,
Just needed a break from this crazy cold winter we've been dealing with and actually didn't find the tready too bad. Pleasantly surprised but back outside tomorrow

LOL... Most of my runs have been done on the treadmill. I try to get my long run done outside though. Last time I ran outside it was a balmy 18 F with a steady 10 mph wind. I hit a 3 mile section of road where the wind was in my face the whole way. I was warm except my junk... I didn't know what was happening as I have never experienced it before. All of a sudden I get this burning sensation down there. I figured may be it was rubbing the wrong way and needed to adjust. Hand goes down the pants and it is ice cold!!! Needless to say I must have looked pretty funny jogging down the road with both hands down my pants warming things up. Eventually it did and I completed the run with out any further issues.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2013-Mar 24 2014 [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So your run had a happy ending!
Quote Reply

Prev Next