Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Crowie spotted with a P4 in Las Vegas [bigred3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bigred, not sure if you saw this in another thread but the 2012 Cervelo lineup is in the link below and does not include the P4. Nothing definitive with this. But I was thinking more it dropped for 2013 not this early. Not sure if you accepted the bet I put out there :)

http://geminibicycle.com.au/email/2012cer.pdf

Now the last picture in the brochure does have a photo of Caroline Steffen on the P4. They do also list the T4.
Last edited by: bartturner: Sep 15, 11 9:25
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie spotted with a P4 in Las Vegas [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
PPS - what I think would be totally badass on the P5/Px/Pwhatever they call it - is internal hydraulic brakes built into the F fork.

Interesting. My LBS mentioned that they thought it would have hydraulic brakes, and you're the first person to mention the same idea.

Ken

"the trick is to keep losing weight until your friends and family ask you if you've been sick. then you know you're within 10 pounds. if they start whispering to each other, wondering if you've got cancer or aids, you're within 5. when they actually do an intervention, you're at race weight." - Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie spotted with a P4 in Las Vegas [bartturner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very interesting. Did you cut out the page with he P4? Front page is Garmin team all on P4s and last page is Steffan on a P4. Strange they would have pics of a bike not offered.

Also, paint schemes didn't change on the P2/P3 for 2012?
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie spotted with a P4 in Las Vegas [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfru wrote:
Conspiracy theory -

Look at Inside Triathlon article by Mat Steinmetz on Crowie and improvements for Kona. Then, turn the page...coincidence. Yeah, probably. Maybe. Hey...wait a minute!

Brent

Conspiracy theory part 2

Just happened to browse over at all3sports.com, which is a Crowie sponsor. They no longer carry Orbea. Not sure the timing of them dropping but I seem to think they were required to carry Orbea so long as Crowie was a sponsor.
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie spotted with a P4 in Las Vegas [Trispoke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AND - even more so...Crowie stops riding Orbea, announcement that Team Timex signs with QR...who did Team Timex ride - bingo - ORBEA. This is gonna cost millions...haha.

Begining to think the relationship might be done. That is the kind of thinking that comes from 403 threads of pure speculation. :)

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dfru wrote:
AND - even more so...Crowie stops riding Orbea, announcement that Team Timex signs with QR...who did Team Timex ride - bingo - ORBEA. This is gonna cost millions...haha.

Begining to think the relationship might be done. That is the kind of thinking that comes from 403 threads of pure speculation. :)

Brent

1 Thread, 405 replies, endless speculation.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie spotted with a P4 in Las Vegas [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
dfru wrote:

Brent

1 Thread, 405 replies, endless speculation.

Good point. What was the original thread again? :)

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who knows what the original point was. I want to get in on a thread that is already more than halfway to the #of views of the "What to know about this forum" post. I can't believe the mileage this post is getting.
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie spotted with a P4 in Las Vegas [T-wrecks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
T-wrecks wrote:
I can't believe the mileage this post is getting.

I'm watching closely because I expect it to contain information about how Cervelo Px will have 30 percent less drag than the P4...

and how I can get one before my first event next year....

for the price of a p2c...

Obviously.
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie spotted with a P4 in Las Vegas [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damn nice ride with no decals
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie spotted with a P4 in Las Vegas [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With 410 posts (411 with this one) I'll never catch up so I don't even try. Like life, I suppose.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Team Timex and the ZOOT Ultra Team which I am on are both run by Team Sports Internatinal. We switched from Orbea to Ridley this year, so the move has precedence.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie spotted with a P4 in Las Vegas [bigred3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see Macca had a crack at Crowie on his FB page... He obviously forgot about using ASICS at Kona last year instead of his paid sponsor shoes before making that statement

[image]http://breakyourlimits.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/BYL-Logo.jpg[/image]

http://www.breakyourlimits.com
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie spotted with a P4 in Las Vegas [Trispoke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crowie will ride the P4 in Kona.

Just listed to a podcast with senior editor from Lava Magazine, very interesting what info he got from the Crowie camp on everything.

Not sure if its ok to post a link for the interview.

.........................__0.............0
...................._.-\ <,_.........</\_
.....~_.o^,....(...)./.(...)......._/\...
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie spotted with a P4 in Las Vegas [ironweber717] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well here is the link.

http://www.enduranceplanet.com/...egas-recap-and-more/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn ...

Quote Reply
Re: Crowie spotted with a P4 in Las Vegas [Jamaican] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh can you sum it up? I can't do audio because my wife is watching a show called Keeping up with the Kardashians that I'm pretending not to watch but am kind of into. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie spotted with a P4 in Las Vegas [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crowie had decided several weeks before the race that he was going to use the P4. He had been promised from Orbea that he would have a new SuperBike for 2 or 3 years. Since he has only a couple of years left of racing he wanted the best and went out on his own. What was said was that Orbea knew this and there may not have been a good out come from discussions so that is why Crowie choose to move on.

He said at one point on the bike leg one of the editors was riding next to him taking photos and Crowie said " Jay I feel amazing, I'm loving this thing"

Also apparently the P4 fits him really well and he feel very comfortable and powerful on it.

They did say that he will be riding the P4 in Kona.

Last edited by: ironweber717: Sep 16, 11 18:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I won't spoil it for you bro ;)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ironweber717 wrote:
They did say that he will be riding the P4 in Kona.

Well, if that's the case, he is going to be a force to be reckoned with. It is going to be a very interesting race to watch ...

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I never would've seen that coming from the bike company that sponsors Euskaltel-Euskadi.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
eganski wrote:
Oh can you sum it up? I can't do audio because my wife is watching a show called Keeping up with the Kardashians that I'm pretending not to watch but am kind of into. Thanks!

Wow!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
eganski wrote:

Now do you have some "respect" for him now that he has responded?

I *heart* weak, dumb ass people...
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie spotted with a P4 in Las Vegas [coopdog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love Crowie, I said I lost a little respect and to be honest, I'm over it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
eganski wrote:
I love Crowie, I said I lost a little respect and to be honest, I'm over it.

That's what watching some hot women on TV will do to a guy...

I *heart* weak, dumb ass people...
Quote Reply

Prev Next