Re: don't shoot the messenger, or over-react [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Maybe she knows enough to stop before she does do long term damage."

Methinks that's DD's point.
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington to retire [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
Could be. I wouldn't be surprised well maybe a little. But I've not heard anything from anyone about her having an eating disorder.

Would Chrissie herself count as a reliable source? She writes openly about it in her autobiography. It is however, all spoken of in the past tense.

===================================
I'll tell you all right now, my seat is too low, I'm not aero and I carry too much fluid on the bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I always looked at her body and cringed. So so so skinny. I wouldn't be surprised of DD is on to something."

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...post=4273706#4273706

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington to retire [RunFatboyRun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
People! Let's stay on topic, shall we?
Can anyone produce an off season photo of Chrissie's breasts?
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington to retire [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
in her book she talked about her eating disorder.
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington to retire [iank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iank wrote:
Damn. That's the problem with professional triathletes: so many of them are the type of people that can do a whole lot more elsewhere in the world, whether financially or just in terms of making an impact.

That was never my impression. Many I know are pretty useless elsewhere.

Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
in her book she talked about her eating disorder.

Haven't read it, it's on the list but there are about 15 books ahead of it. Maybe in late 2013.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: don't shoot the messenger, or over-react [Hookflash] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
X2

For a professional "coach" this guy really puts himself out there on a limb with stupid comments...
Quote Reply
Re: don't shoot the messenger, or over-react [Newyorkfan21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Newyorkfan21 wrote:
X2

For a professional "coach" this guy really puts himself out there on a limb with stupid comments...

Dear Newyorkfan21, albarina, rObh, jamlo and Hookflash, I realize you were all probably raised with the old mantras that your opinion always counts and there is no such thing as a stupid question. I am here to tell you that is a bunch of bullshit and you guys are stupid assholes.

DD is spot on in his assessment.

With all of the other intelligent posters that dickwads like you have driven away over the last couple years, you would be well advised to listen up sharp when the remaining few have something to say. You basically have Tom A, DD and a few others keeping this place from complete regression into the bastard stepchild of BeginnerTriathlete and Letsrun.

Flame away motherfuckers.
Quote Reply
Re: don't shoot the messenger, or over-react [Grande Pelota] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I guess nobody said Slowtwitch had to be inspirational, but this thread is certainly depressing.

I've seen her radiant smile while racing and seen her spend hours after a race giving out medals to us also-rans. She's awesome, and I can fully understand wanting to retire after such a successful career - after all, what else is left to prove. I don't think it means her systems are totally screwed up, but rather that it may be time to move on to other challenges, mentally and physically.

Hope she can shine half as bright in her future careers as she did in triathlon.

-----------------------------------------------------------
"No more hurting people - Peace"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Grande Pelota wrote:

With all of the other intelligent posters that dickwads like you have driven away over the last couple years, you would be well advised to listen up sharp when the remaining few have something to say. You basically have Tom A, DD and a few others keeping this place from complete regression into the bastard stepchild of BeginnerTriathlete and Letsrun.

I loled.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington to retire [TriSportEpping] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chrissie Wellington is a really neat person! I had the opportunity to listen to her speak. She is really amazing and I wish her the best in her retirement !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Grande Pelota wrote:
Newyorkfan21 wrote:
X2

Dear Newyorkfan21, albarina, rObh, jamlo and Hookflash, I realize you were all probably raised with the old mantras that your opinion always counts and there is no such thing as a stupid question. I am here to tell you that is a bunch of bullshit and you guys are stupid assholes.

+1
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington to retire [Empresslua] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Empresslua wrote:
Chrissie Wellington is a really neat person!

I agree.

She is one of the most well-spoken athletes in any sport. If she truly is retiring I'm kind of sad about that.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JenSw wrote:
I always looked at her body and cringed. So so so skinny. I wouldn't be surprised of DD is on to something. Maybe she knows enough to stop before she does do long term damage.

----

DD is definately throwing out some serious truths which people don't want to hear.I know a few women who would fit into the same category but as as it has been shown here by the negative reactions to those truths the sensitive world of political correctness seems not to be able to seperate a personal attack from a vaulable observation.

In Oz we had a marathoner named Tani Ruckle who pushed herself so hard in training that her body just started to fall apart and her marathon career ended well before its time.It is said that the drive to be a world class marathoner stemmed from the pshycological damage done from being a fat little girl with an abusive father.

There are many others both in and out of the athletic spotlight who,on the outside appear unbelievably healthy and "ripped" but are totally fucked up inside.

--
Last edited by: Ultra-tri-guy: Dec 1, 12 19:19
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington to retire [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Im sure she will still be around, just not racing =)
Quote Reply
Re: don't shoot the messenger, or over-react [bmas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Darn. I was looking forward to her return. She was the Paula Newby Fraser of the current crop of athletes.

Maybe she just retired, because her own expectations for perfection are so high and she's not willing to get back to the start line and being less than her former results.

I met her briefly this October. She looked really healthy and vibrant (not waif thin with body fat lower than a top male pro) and I joked with the other guys around that if she showed up to Kona on 90% fitness on the weekend, she could probably win. I think this is a loss for triathlon if she truly is not planning to race again. I can totally see how she feels she has nothing else to prove. She had to dig really deep to run a 2:52 and stay ahead of Rinny in 2011, all of that with a body broken from crashing. It was a totally dominating performance on a body that was only partially functional. Rinny may have the Kona run course record, but CW just may have run the greatest run of all time. When the person behind you is closing at just over 4 min kilometers and you hold it off....well that has never been done in all time in Kona.

Maybe she just does not want to go back to having to dig so hard mentally. I think after his last win against Tim DeBoom, Peter Reid said, that he was never the same. He had to dig so hard to beat Tim that it just took something away mentally. Don't know if Chrissie has asked herself those questions and after answering them decided, that going back to Ironman racing is not something she wants to do because she knows what she needs to do to meet her personal standards.
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington to retire [Clyde M.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dopping and banned forever??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Grande Pelota wrote:
Newyorkfan21 wrote:
X2

1. Posters who left left because of their own faults

2. Don't call me a dickwad unless you are willing to say that to my face. If so PM me

3. Large assumption saying Chrissie retired for Ironman cause "probably more likely she fucked her body's systems/functions up"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Newyorkfan21 wrote:

2. Don't call me a dickwad unless you are willing to say that to my face. If so PM me

Post of the year material right there....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Newyorkfan21 wrote:
Grande Pelota wrote:
Newyorkfan21 wrote:
X2

1. Posters who left left because of their own faults

3. Large assumption saying Chrissie retired for Ironman cause "probably more likely she fucked her body's systems/functions up"

LOL ... A FIGHT A FIGHT!! EVERY FLEX YOUR INTERNET MUSCLES!!!

Anyway back on topic. Sorry to see her go for what ever reason. It was a great pleasure to see her race.
Last edited by: orphious: Dec 1, 12 19:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Grande Pelota wrote:
Newyorkfan21 wrote:
X2

x5
Quote Reply
Re: don't shoot the messenger, or over-react [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JenSw wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised of DD is on to something. Maybe she knows enough to stop before she does do long term damage.

--

No, read again. DD is saying she has already f'd her body's systems/functions up. I certainly hope that's not true, although it seems there are several here who think that everything DD says must be the truth...

-----------------------------------------------------------
"No more hurting people - Peace"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Grande Pelota wrote:
Newyorkfan21 wrote:
X2

Take a Valium. Jesus...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm really sorry I called you a dickwad. I try not to come down so hard on high school dudes, but I really didn't know.

Psyche!

Dickwad!
Quote Reply

Prev Next