Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cam Wurf - Kona Series [greasdupdeafguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just responding to last post.

If you watch Jan's breakfast with Bob he says he isn't worried about Cam because he can't stay off his phone long enough to have a good race and that it's probably attached to his aerobars. He laughs and says that Cam is good for the sport. I think everybody knows he is just being funny. I'm American and I think he is funny.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Wurf - Kona Series [MTL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MTL wrote:
s13tx wrote:
stevie g wrote:
He might not want the AB rabbit too far up the road, in case the rabbitt turns out to be a better biker than wurf

I don’t remember any race Amberger was not the first one out of the water and someone beat Wurf on the bike. They are solid and I don’t think that will change this year.

Challenge Roth 2019 Cam didn’t came first to T2. Andreas Dreitz won the race also outbiked him.

https://www.trirating.com/...9-analyzing-results/

Wurf crashed and broke a rib a few weeks before Roth. He basically swam with 1 arm, it hurt him on the bike, but the run was manageable because he keeps his arms pretty high. At the time I was surprised why Wurf didn't take the lead during the bike, but it makes sense knowing he was injured.
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Wurf - Kona Series [stevie g] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I appreciate what he's trying to do, but imho he's trying too hard. I very much doubt he's gotten into anyone's head either. He won't be able to avoid the Germans on Saturday.

The best way to get into someone's head is to let your racing do the talking; just look at Frodeno & Lionel... two years on the trot.

29 years and counting
Last edited by: Jorgan: Oct 9, 19 5:06
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Wurf - Kona Series [greasdupdeafguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
greasdupdeafguy wrote:
MTL wrote:
s13tx wrote:
stevie g wrote:
He might not want the AB rabbit too far up the road, in case the rabbitt turns out to be a better biker than wurf

I don’t remember any race Amberger was not the first one out of the water and someone beat Wurf on the bike. They are solid and I don’t think that will change this year.

Challenge Roth 2019 Cam didn’t came first to T2. Andreas Dreitz won the race also outbiked him.

https://www.trirating.com/...9-analyzing-results/

Worth noting wurf had crashed his bike before Roth and was nursing broken ribs in the race

When it comes to bike leg, Dreitz is not up there with Wurf for sure.
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Wurf - Kona Series [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
Now!

lol I'm the same with him regarding the bike - anxious about an incident and the freeing feeling on the run of being completely in control

and volume - I love volume

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Wurf - Kona Series [awesomeaunt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awesomeaunt wrote:
We noted on an Australian based triathlon forum that Americans etc wouldn't get Cam's sarcasm or sense of humour. We were right. He's taking the piss out of others and himself. Lighten up, have a laugh, enjoy someone with a bit of personality.

Hey now we don’t all have a stick up our ass that interview was gold. He’s awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Wurf - Kona Series [awesomeaunt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awesomeaunt wrote:
We noted on an Australian based triathlon forum that Americans etc wouldn't get Cam's sarcasm or sense of humour. We were right. He's taking the piss out of others and himself. Lighten up, have a laugh, enjoy someone with a bit of personality.

stevie g wrote:
code for, I am being a douche, but its sarcasm and if you got me it would be funny. Its all your fault that you don't get me and appreciate us for how funny we are.

Far out you must have really boring friends if you can't see he is joking in this interview.
As in they are boring because you are boring. Can I guess you are an accountant or Lawyer?

NAB777 wrote:
Nah mate. Code for...Americans don't have a sense of humour.

Yep nailed it

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Wurf - Kona Series [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes I can see he is trying to be funny and joe, he's just not funny. Good luck to him trying to be Macca 2.0, he is very talented and should make the race interesting.
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Wurf - Kona Series [Culley22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spot on.

All good humour has to have a grain of truth to it.

I think Wurf epitomises “Take what you do seriously, never take yourself seriously”

In my biased experiences Aussies, Kiwis, Poms definitely cop piss taking and give it back as a habit.

Maybe the Danes too given the 70.3 WC thread when there were lots of people from “that country” who didn’t take their predictions well :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PJC wrote:
awesomeaunt wrote:

stevie g wrote:
code for, I am being a douche, but its sarcasm and if you got me it would be funny. Its all your fault that you don't get me and appreciate us for how funny we are.

Far out you must have really boring friends if you can't see he is joking in this interview.
As in they are boring because you are boring. Can I guess you are an accountant or Lawyer?

NAB777 wrote:
Nah mate. Code for...Americans don't have a sense of humour.

Yep nailed it

You do realise the legal profession/student is responsible for some of the world's best comedians don't you? Australia, not so much.
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Wurf - Kona Series [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim Jefferies...also, Australia only has about 25 million people, versus the >300 million of the US.
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Wurf - Kona Series [TriStart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was thinking John Cleese and Clive Anderson
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Wurf - Kona Series [TriStart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And steady eddie, guido hatzis, kevin bloody wilson...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You have zero sense of humor

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cam talked a bunch of trash, you all got excited that he was going to dominate it from the bike and win. He got owned and dominated by Jan who make no mistake was showing smart alec how its done.

Of course just make it all into humour and I was joking to cover the fact he shot his mouth off and got smashed, I was never serious anyway, perfect defence when your game does match the talk.

Now you mention it I think this is funny and am now laughing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevie g wrote:
Cam talked a bunch of trash, you all got excited that he was going to dominate it from the bike and win. He got owned and dominated by Jan who make no mistake was showing smart alec how its done.

Of course just make it all into humour and I was joking to cover the fact he shot his mouth off and got smashed, I was never serious anyway, perfect defence when your game does match the talk.

Now you mention it I think this is funny and am now laughing

Jeez man, lighten up. It's like he stole your girlfriend or something.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would have loved Cam & Lionel to have came down the red carpet side by side holding hands...
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Wurf - Kona Series [NAB777] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you are the lot who took up endless amounts of space and time on here banging on about how Wurf was going to smash everyone, how the wind was going to be massive.

In the end Wurf got demolished and was less of factor than last year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He came 4th, a big improvement over last year's 9th. He was "owned and dominated by Jan" only so much as the rest of the field was
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Wurf - Kona Series [r0bh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5th

Last year improved his swim by 10 minutes, this year Improved his run by 10 minutes

He didnt catch the lead bikers which wouldve been faster if brownlee didnt have to ride a soft tyre and chase to catch up.... And run faster

If gomez iden join next year after the olympics that lead group will be stronger again, so will be interesting
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevie g wrote:
you are the lot who took up endless amounts of space and time on here banging on about how Wurf was going to smash everyone, how the wind was going to be massive.

Yeah....4th was definitely a demolition.....man you must have high standards....
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Wurf - Kona Series [Amnesia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ben Hoffman was 4th.
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Wurf - Kona Series [r-b] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah sorry I mis-remembered. Hoffman 4th, Wurf 5th. The point still stands though, it was positive progression for Wurf
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Wurf - Kona Series [r0bh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Super effort by Cam, 5th in that field is a ripping result.
And loved every pre-race interview he did. In fact I went looking for them because he added so much more personality than many others.
Wurf and Keinle best interviewers, and Babbit obviously gets on well with them.

Not sure he ever said he was gonna win, he just indicated what he was doing to prepare, how he intended to race and how he was in race shape.

Showed a persistent desire to congratulate Frodo at the end, without response, but by all accounts the humour was back at the post race press conference, and seems like there is no underlying tension.

Frodo wins the day.
Wurf registers a breakthrough result ... and keeps his humour
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevie g wrote:

Are you permanently tapering?
Quote Reply

Prev Next