Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cam Wurf - Kona Series [fruit thief] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fruit thief wrote:
Not much love for Lange there. Did he mean it or was he joking?

Olive mauled the dude, he needs to banish her from the pool for the next 5 days

Lange's a cheat and all the pros know it. He isn't liked.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Wurf - Kona Series [fruit thief] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fruit thief wrote:

He was obviously pulling the piss with the other pros, comments about Lange were 100% genuine.
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Wurf - Kona Series [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. It was very clear there is no love loss there.
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Wurf - Kona Series [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EnderWiggan wrote:
Agreed.

GreatScott wrote:
I got the sense he wasn’t joking on that point. The others, certainly. But the sentiments on Lange seemed sincere?
Agree as well, and I think that sentiment is shared by a lot of the pros.

Good stuff, Talbot. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Wurf - Kona Series [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
fruit thief wrote:

He was obviously pulling the piss with the other pros, comments about Lange were 100% genuine.

I've got a sneaky suspicion that he's heard some of the stories that are out there about Daniela, too.
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Wurf - Kona Series [NAB777] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NAB777 wrote:
zedzded wrote:
fruit thief wrote:

I've got a sneaky suspicion that he's heard some of the stories that are out there about Daniela, too.

How do you mean?
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Wurf - Kona Series [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed.
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Wurf - Kona Series [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amazingly genuine guy. At IM Oz this year there was a line up 200-300 metres long to check the bike into transition. He came and stood at the end of the line with absolutely zero expectation of any special favours for the professional athletes. He had to be coerced into asking if he should go in as a priority (and we got to hold his bike whilst he did this - so it was an obvious win win as we snapped a few selfies with his bike).
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Wurf - Kona Series [NAB777] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What stories about daniela?
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Wurf - Kona Series [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It seems clear, whether intentional or not, that Wurf is taking a page from the Macca playbook, if not Conor McGregor's...be brash, trash talk, and try to get in the heads of your opponents As pointed out most of his comments about the competition were not flattering, and sure it's a form of humour when sitting with the boys over a a beer but when stated publicly on a popular social media channel in the days leading up to the big race, it comes off more as a tactic, as well as self promotion to generate clicks, and of course Talbot doesn't mind obliging :) As for the other video of him calling out Lange for the "team tactics" on the bike last year, that didn't sit well with many folks, but it was within the rules and was something Macca himself (famously) did, however his purpose was not to hang on to the leaders, but rather to push the pace in hopes of later neutralizing the effectiveness of the uber runners on the marathon, like Crowie. It was interesting that Josh Amberger on his Breakfast with Bob interview yesterday was asked about the training camp he did with Cam Wurf and if they discussed team tactics and Josh said about Cam "if you spend time with Cam he's always talking about tactics...growing up as a bike racer it's all about teams...and being Australian he's looking at Team Australia...he's definitely keen to have an Aussie up there at the front of the race with him...and we've been kinda encouraging each other to get the most out of each other for this race and he actually wants me to swim as hard as I can and split up the race." And the plot thickens.
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Wurf - Kona Series [Mike.A] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike.A wrote:
It seems clear, whether intentional or not, that Wurf is taking a page from the Macca playbook, if not Conor McGregor's...be brash, trash talk, and try to get in the heads of your opponents As pointed out most of his comments about the competition were not flattering, and sure it's a form of humour when sitting with the boys over a a beer but when stated publicly on a popular social media channel in the days leading up to the big race, it comes off more as a tactic, as well as self promotion to generate clicks, and of course Talbot doesn't mind obliging :) As for the other video of him calling out Lange for the "team tactics" on the bike last year, that didn't sit well with many folks, but it was within the rules and was something Macca himself (famously) did, however his purpose was not to hang on to the leaders, but rather to push the pace in hopes of later neutralizing the effectiveness of the uber runners on the marathon, like Crowie. It was interesting that Josh Amberger on his Breakfast with Bob interview yesterday was asked about the training camp he did with Cam Wurf and if they discussed team tactics and Josh said about Cam "if you spend time with Cam he's always talking about tactics...growing up as a bike racer it's all about teams...and being Australian he's looking at Team Australia...he's definitely keen to have an Aussie up there at the front of the race with him...and we've been kinda encouraging each other to get the most out of each other for this race and he actually wants me to swim as hard as I can and split up the race." And the plot thickens.
I was at the Team Australia breakfast today and Cam talked to us. He talked about how he is a racer and maybe he wasn't going to win but he took the race on and was in the lead giving himself an opportunity last year while everyone else just sat on the Erdinger train and raced for second was a disappointment to him. He did also say how having Brownlee in the race excites him because it will be on from the gun and hopefully not the procession Kona has often become but a true race. Fingers crossed the likes of Amburger and Brownlee can be up the road giving the uber bikers a rabbit and fulfil that fantasy.
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Wurf - Kona Series [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He might not want the AB rabbit too far up the road, in case the rabbitt turns out to be a better biker than wurf
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Wurf - Kona Series [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:
Mike.A wrote:

I was at the Team Australia breakfast today and Cam talked to us. He talked about how he is a racer and maybe he wasn't going to win but he took the race on and was in the lead giving himself an opportunity last year while everyone else just sat on the Erdinger train and raced for second was a disappointment to him. He did also say how having Brownlee in the race excites him because it will be on from the gun and hopefully not the procession Kona has often become but a true race. Fingers crossed the likes of Amburger and Brownlee can be up the road giving the uber bikers a rabbit and fulfil that fantasy.

It's not surprising he hopes for a breakaway as it improves his odds to win, some may say it's his only chance to win. I don't imagine Patrick Lange or any of the eight other athletes who finished ahead of him in 2018 care if he was disappointed in how they managed their bike strategy.
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Wurf - Kona Series [stevie g] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevie g wrote:
He might not want the AB rabbit too far up the road, in case the rabbitt turns out to be a better biker than wurf

The formula in years gone by is usually you have to top 5 before you win. Of course there are a few exceptions.

Means Ali or Wurf can't win.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevie g wrote:
But if that means everyone is chasing all day on the bike that only improves his overall result
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Wurf - Kona Series [Mike.A] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 It's not surprising he hopes for a breakaway as it improves his odds to win, some may say it's his only chance to win. I don't imagine Patrick Lange or any of the eight other athletes who finished ahead of him in 2018 care if he was disappointed in how they managed their bike strategy.[/quote]

That's fine if besides Lange your happy fighting for scraps
Last edited by: Shambolic: Oct 8, 19 19:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevie g wrote:

I don’t remember any race Amberger was not the first one out of the water and someone beat Wurf on the bike. They are solid and I don’t think that will change this year.
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Wurf - Kona Series [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
stevie g wrote:

I don’t remember any race Amberger was not the first one out of the water and someone beat Wurf on the bike. They are solid and I don’t think that will change this year.

Challenge Roth 2019 Cam didn’t came first to T2. Andreas Dreitz won the race also outbiked him.

https://www.trirating.com/...9-analyzing-results/
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Wurf - Kona Series [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This race has AB, he can choose to swim with Armberger and then choose if he wants to ride with wurf
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We noted on an Australian based triathlon forum that Americans etc wouldn't get Cam's sarcasm or sense of humour. We were right. He's taking the piss out of others and himself. Lighten up, have a laugh, enjoy someone with a bit of personality.
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Wurf - Kona Series [awesomeaunt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awesomeaunt wrote:
We noted on an Australian based triathlon forum that Americans etc wouldn't get Cam's sarcasm or sense of humour. We were right. He's taking the piss out of others and himself. Lighten up, have a laugh, enjoy someone with a bit of personality.

Exactly....those that know Australian and NZ culture well know the way we take the piss out of people and ourselves. Cam is a great personality to have in triathlon and this video had me in stitches.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
awesomeaunt wrote:
I don’t know Australians, but I do know when someone is throwing zingers and having some fun. There is honest answers mixed in, but some serious humorous ones too!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
code for, I am being a douche, but its sarcasm and if you got me it would be funny. Its all your fault that you don't get me and appreciate us for how funny we are.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevie g wrote:
code for, I am being a douche, but its sarcasm and if you got me it would be funny. Its all your fault that you don't get me and appreciate us for how funny we are.

Nah mate. Code for...Americans don't have a sense of humour.
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Wurf - Kona Series [MTL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MTL wrote:
s13tx wrote:
stevie g wrote:

Challenge Roth 2019 Cam didn’t came first to T2. Andreas Dreitz won the race also outbiked him.

https://www.trirating.com/...9-analyzing-results/

Worth noting wurf had crashed his bike before Roth and was nursing broken ribs in the race
Quote Reply

Prev Next