Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cadex bike price/availability [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rumor goed that it includes a special travelcase for that price as well. Nothing confirmed yet, but heard this.
If that is a solid case the price for the whole frame kit/bar system is more appealing. Not that it is ā€˜ cheapā€™ but a good travel case included softens the price somewhat ;-)

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Cadex bike price/availability [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
Do any of you all think that if a company made an aero "wide" fork that fits your TT/tri bike that people would buy it? If it cost let's say $2k?

I think they would.
I wouldnā€™t rush to buy it!
Iā€™m yet to be convinced the design works outside the velodrome.
Quote Reply
Re: Cadex bike price/availability [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:
Rumor goed that it includes a special travelcase for that price as well. Nothing confirmed yet, but heard this.
If that is a solid case the price for the whole frame kit/bar system is more appealing. Not that it is ā€˜ cheapā€™ but a good travel case included softens the price somewhat ;-)

Jeroen

Yes, somewhat. Lol

The Ordu OMX with custom paint is 3800ā‚¬. In comparison, I really see no reason for the Cervelo P5/PX to be 5300ā‚¬. Then this Giant is another 1000ā‚¬ if we pretend the case is worth 700ā‚¬. It's double what the Ordu costs!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
TRIPRO wrote:

Jeroen

Yes, somewhat. Lol

The Ordu OMX with custom paint is 3800ā‚¬. In comparison, I really see no reason for the Cervelo P5/PX to be 5300ā‚¬. Then this Giant is another 1000ā‚¬ if we pretend the case is worth 700ā‚¬. It's double what the Ordu costs!

True, bikes comparing with eachother is difficult but a way could be to compare bikes that at least have the same storage / acces availability with each other. The Orde, although a nice looking bike, is so much more a TT bike then a tri bike. Of course, everyone can make up their mind how important certain things are but the Ordu misses integrated hydration and a usefull bento box. Which due to design also cannot be added.

This Cadex bike should be more compared to Canyon Speedmax CFR / CF SLX, Shiv disc and PX.

But just my thoughts ;-)

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ordu has hydration and tool storage. Only thing missing is a bento, I guess. I'd mount one BTA if I wanted solids.

No matter how we look at it, +3200ā‚¬ sure is a lot for a bento. The PX is also much much cheaper and has a bento.

My point was more that Cervelo is already obscenely priced and the Cadex goes far beyond that.

I know these things aren't perfect comparisons, but do put it into perspective: a Kawasaki Ninja 650R costs roughly what a Cadex frame costs, and that one comes with the full "groupset" and wheels. There's even a very large bento under the seat :P Materials cost, manufacturing cost, shipping cost, R&D cost are all in the bicycle's favor. Only economy of scale is in the motorcycle's favor and that won't make up the difference.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
Ordu has hydration and tool storage. Only thing missing is a bento, I guess. I'd mount one BTA if I wanted solids.

No matter how we look at it, +3200ā‚¬ sure is a lot for a bento. The PX is also much much cheaper and has a bento.

My point was more that Cervelo is already obscenely priced and the Cadex goes far beyond that.

I know these things aren't perfect comparisons, but do put it into perspective: a Kawasaki Ninja 650R costs roughly what a Cadex frame costs, and that one comes with the full "groupset" and wheels. There's even a very large bento under the seat :P Materials cost, manufacturing cost, shipping cost, R&D cost are all in the bicycle's favor. Only economy of scale is in the motorcycle's favor and that won't make up the difference.

Ordu does not have integrated hydration :-) And didn't said it doesn't have tool storage, rather an ugly one, but yes it does have it so that's why I didn't mention it as missing.

Jeroen

Last edited by: TRIPRO: Jun 16, 22 1:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can we agree integrated storage is not worth a 3200ā‚¬ premium? Or $1500ā‚¬ over a PX?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
Can we agree integrated storage is not worth a 3200ā‚¬ premium? Or $1500ā‚¬ over a PX?

Totally agree with you on that! But I like extraordinary looking bikes, always have since I got my Zipp 2001 back in '94. Also had a Kestrel KM40, a Softride Rocket, a Diamondback and some others.
Now riding a P5disc, love the bike but for me, personally, I would like to get one of those cadex bikes. Just for how it looks. I can spend the money on it so I most likely going to get one if geometry is a match.

But totally agree with you that it is still a massive amount of money and if you look at it more expensive then others, but the same goes for the Shiv Disc, the SC from Trek, etc.

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes it comes with a case it seems and appealing but not sure if it does it for me. Good to see how far they have gone for ease of race transport. Would like to see one in the flesh. Hereā€™s itā€™s brochure.
I never twigged until looking at it that the Blummenfelt pics why they wouldnā€™t show a chain drive side pic that he was using Sram. Seems an odd sponsorship arrangement???

https://assets2.brandfolder.io/...t_LaunchBook_Web.pdf
Last edited by: Shambolic: Jun 29, 22 18:54
Quote Reply
Re: Cadex bike price/availability [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like it. Much better looking with the frame graphics and not just matte black and duct tape like Bluā€™s bike. šŸ˜

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Last edited by: The GMAN: Jun 30, 22 5:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

The poor performance of the P5X at positive yaw angles is quite intriguing in that aero performance graph... other tests do not report the same trend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They need to fix the fit data charts. The bikes sizes are XXS to L but the graph says XS to XL.

My height is about 184 cm. Inseam is about 84 cm. My current pad stack/reach is about 620/510 with TriRig Alpha One at 15 degrees on both my Dimond and Omni. Current frame stack/reach is 540/425 on my Dimond and 560/435 on my Omni. Iā€™m assuming pad reach on the Cadex is measuring back of pad reach and not center like TriRig does so subtract 50-60 mm or so which puts me in the 620/460 pad stack/reach on the Cadex chart.

So Iā€™m a tweener for M or L. Higher end of M, lower end of L. Looks like M would be the way to go though.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Last edited by: The GMAN: Jun 30, 22 5:04
Quote Reply
Re: Cadex bike price/availability [marcofoils] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Gotta love graphs with unlabeled axes...

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Cadex bike price/availability [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:

Gotta love graphs with unlabeled axes...

yeah, and at what speed. Although interesting that P5X (other than the weird positive yaw results) wins here
Quote Reply
Re: Cadex bike price/availability [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wait, what? This thing is slower than a Canyon (and P5X) unless you're spending all your time at 10+ deg yaw? Why did they even include that chart?

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: Cadex bike price/availability [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Iā€™m sorry, but they had the bonus of both time and the lack of uci rulesā€¦ā€¦ and came up withā€¦ā€¦ a slower bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Cadex bike price/availability [justkeepedaling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just read the pdf file and you can find it says 47 kmph.

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:
Just read the pdf file and you can find it says 47 kmph.

Jeroen

Just saying, it should be stated on the chart. If this was remotely journal-like. The missing axis titles is pretty bad
Quote Reply
Re: Cadex bike price/availability [UK Gearmuncher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UK Gearmuncher wrote:
Iā€™m sorry, but they had the bonus of both time and the lack of uci rulesā€¦ā€¦ and came up withā€¦ā€¦ a slower bike.

What do UCI rules have to do with it? The other two bikes are also not UCI legal designs
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
UK Gearmuncher wrote:

What do UCI rules have to do with it? The other two bikes are also not UCI legal designs

The point is if you cross extrapolate the data between UCI and less constraints of non-UCI you'd hope to see the potential be pushed on in terms of bicycle performance...... and it's not happening.
Quote Reply
Re: Cadex bike price/availability [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericlambi wrote:
Wait, what? This thing is slower than a Canyon (and P5X) unless you're spending all your time at 10+ deg yaw? Why did they even include that chart?

Giant is a unique microcosm that isn't aware of how much the rest of the world understands.
The trinity release data showed the bike to be slower than the P5 and Speed Concept but they came up with a messy way to display it to obfuscate that.

I've digitised this new data so I can model with it.
Using the IMNZ model with 2021 weather for a 4.15 rider (average yaw 1.8deg)
Canyon 17s faster (8 of aero, 9 of mass)
P5X 96s faster (96 of aero, -16 mass)

So clearly the answer for non-UCI is to get a P5X and strip some weight off. Which Cervelo did with the P3X... Best grab one of those while you still can

However, the Cadex does come into its own if you go a lot slower on a really windy day
IMNZ 2019 conditions for a 6.30 rider gave an average yaw of 8.8deg and thus a 34s advantage for the Cadex over the P5X

Of course, independent testing might show a different outcome.
Quote Reply
Re: Cadex bike price/availability [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
ericlambi wrote:

Giant is a unique microcosm that isn't aware of how much the rest of the world understands.
The trinity release data showed the bike to be slower than the P5 and Speed Concept but they came up with a messy way to display it to obfuscate that.

So clearly the answer for non-UCI is to get a P5X and strip some weight off. Which Cervelo did with the P3X... Best grab one of those while you still can

However, the Cadex does come into its own if you go a lot slower on a really windy day
IMNZ 2019 conditions for a 6.30 rider gave an average yaw of 8.8deg and thus a 34s advantage for the Cadex over the P5X

Only because of that P5X rising positive yaw drag, right? If that's not accurate, P5X is faster everywhere
Quote Reply
Re: Cadex bike price/availability [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
ericlambi wrote:

Very interesting, but not a lot of us normal mortals rude 4:15. I would be interested to see what happens in your software for more mortal time of an 5hr IM ride.
And I think some bikes test much different with a rider on it then without it. But nevertheless, lets say it is 2 to 3 minutes slower for most normal non-pro mortals and you need to choose between 2 or 3 bikes and you like this one the best. Personally I would the chose the one I just like if I like it much more then the other 2 or 3 ;-)

But really interested what your software calculates on a IMNZ 5 hr bike ride on the named bikes.

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Re: Cadex bike price/availability [justkeepedaling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
justkeepedaling wrote:
Only because of that P5X rising positive yaw drag, right? If that's not accurate, P5X is faster everywhere

I've taken all the publicly available P5X data and normalised to 100 at zero deg
(P5X) was the P5X release data from Cervelo
Tri Light and Heavy were from the Cervelo P3X release
(KAY) is Kileys shootout

There is a fairly clear trend from all the other testing, Cadex managed to be quite different...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:

Very interesting, but not a lot of us normal mortals rude 4:15.

Maybe time to bump up the training...

Quote:
But really interested what your software calculates on a IMNZ 5 hr bike ride on the named bikes.

Note my response to justkeeppedalling - the Cadex data isn't that believable. Knowing a bit about how they collect their data, I suspect the advantage of the P5X to be somewhat higher than their test results show.

The funny thing here is that the data they have posted doesn't show what they think it does.
But back to your question, this is what their data shows.

I know you like unique bikes, for me - I'd rather go with a simpler (lower tier) bike - then the speed hit comes with a price and hassle reduction
Quote Reply

Prev Next