No complete builds
Only through special tri dealers

7000€ is crazy. Was really hoping for Trinity-level value :(
Quote Reply
Re: Cadex bike price/availability [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
seems reasonable to me...

the real question is when will there be a new trinity

it's a pity for giant that they did not get the fastest bike split. they lost a lot of marketing potential
Quote Reply
Re: Cadex bike price/availability [garageman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
garageman wrote:

it's a pity for giant that they did not get the fastest bike split. they lost a lot of marketing potential

As they didn’t get the fastest split due to equipment choices with this frameset being one of them along with helmet and tyre choices it’s not surprising.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
garageman wrote:

Tour de France probably. New Propel aero road bike as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
~7000€ frame-only

Quite the price (~$7350 USD). Looking at some other top end tri/tt framesets (in USD):

Pinarello Bolide TR+: $10,000
Dimond Mogul: $10,000
Scott Plasma Ultimate HMX Frameset: $7700
Dimond Marquise: $7500
Specialized Sworks Shiv Tri: $6500
Cervelo P5 or PX: $5500
Argon 18 E-119 TRI+: $5500
Timemachine 01 DISC FRS P2P: $5500
Quintana Roo V-PR: $5340
Speed Concept SLR Framset: $5000 (but looks like it doesn't come with a cockpit?...so add another $1000-ish)
Ventum One: $5000
Orbea Ordu OMX: $4200

Kinda crazy that Cervelo's two offerings are middle of the pack price wise

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
garageman wrote:

The fastest bike split might not have won the race, which was the point right?. The point of the marketing is to show you can ride really fast on this bike, that it has excellent nutritional storage (and a hidden tool kit) and then you can get off it and run really fast too. If we did the fastest bike split and lost the race would that have been good marketing?
Quote Reply
Re: Cadex bike price/availability [bob tobin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Usually fine tuning positions takes a while

How long before the event were you introduced to the bike?

Impressive to ride that fast on a borrowed bike
Quote Reply
Re: Cadex bike price/availability [Lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lacticturkey wrote:
Usually fine tuning positions takes a while

How long before the event were you introduced to the bike?

Impressive to ride that fast on a borrowed bike

Not long enough. But you have to operate in the constraints you have.

The riders got to keep the bikes - even that slacker Kristian who didn't come through and do any of the work. ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bob tobin wrote:
The riders got to keep the bikes

Well shoot, had I known that I would have offered up my services as a pacer for the event!

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's pretty sweet race swag

Last time I got a tech t-shirt
Last edited by: Lacticturkey: Jun 11, 22 13:23
Quote Reply
Re: Cadex bike price/availability [m@tty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
m@tty wrote:
garageman wrote:

As they didn’t get the fastest split due to equipment choices with this frameset being one of them along with helmet and tyre choices it’s not surprising.
Have you seen the four spoke Cadex wheel? No science gone into that it has been an open mould available out a factory in Taiwan for over 10 years. The trailing edge on the spokes are square...
Quote Reply
Re: Cadex bike price/availability [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:
m@tty wrote:
garageman wrote:

Have you seen the four spoke Cadex wheel? No science gone into that it has been an open mould available out a factory in Taiwan for over 10 years. The trailing edge on the spokes are square...

Source? Not saying I don’t believe you but my understanding….not sure if true…is that giant after Boeing and Airbus is the third largest consumer of Carbon Fiber on the planet.

My understanding is that they actually build bikes and components for other companies.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:

BS
- no science: Giant worked with ACE on wheel development.
- open mold: they have their own factories
- square trailing edge: truncated airfoils don't mean the wheel is any less aero.
Quote Reply
Re: Cadex bike price/availability [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mauricemaher wrote:
Shambolic wrote:
m@tty wrote:
garageman wrote:

Source? Not saying I don’t believe you but my understanding….not sure if true…is that giant after Boeing and Airbus is the third largest consumer of Carbon Fiber on the planet.

My understanding is that they actually build bikes and components for other companies.

Maurice
I talked to someone who deals a in wheels, has been to the factory and said anyone can have the same wheel built with their brand on it as Cadex don’t own it. I had been talking about buying one and he pointed out to me the facts and highlighted the square edge. Have a look at some online pics and you’ll see for yourself…

https://www.cadex-cycling.com/...-spoke-aero-tubeless
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
Shambolic wrote:

BS
- no science: Giant worked with ACE on wheel development.
- square trailing edge: truncated airfoils don't mean the wheel is any less aero.
Not on this wheel I’m afraid. Ever seen any aero data on it???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:
mauricemaher wrote:
Shambolic wrote:
m@tty wrote:
garageman wrote:

Maurice
I talked to someone who deals a in wheels, has been to the factory and said anyone can have the same wheel built with their brand on it as Cadex don’t own it. I had been talking about buying one and he pointed out to me the facts and highlighted the square edge. Have a look at some online pics and you’ll see for yourself…

https://www.cadex-cycling.com/...-spoke-aero-tubeless

Yeah, I’m going with unlikely to no on that one. For starters it isn’t or never was available in hooked or clincher, second 21 internal and 27.6 external? That wasn’t really a trend 10 years ago.

If it’s available as a close replica etc likely that someone copied giants design, as they have done with zipp enve head etc.

Leaning to no, but not the first time I’ve been wrong on here.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: Cadex bike price/availability [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I chatted to the guy three weeks ago and saw one from the factory unbranded used for aero testing. That’s what he told me so believe it or not is up to you I have no reason to say otherwise…
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:

They tried to buy the factory that makes their rims but it didn't go through.

The bonus with the Cadex is that, as well as being more expensive than a P5, it fits lower/longer too. Which is good for a limited subset of the market (no really big size in case you're wondering) but not great for the majority
Quote Reply
Re: Cadex bike price/availability [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
BigBoyND wrote:

They tried to buy the factory that makes their rims but it didn't go through.

The bonus with the Cadex is that, as well as being more expensive than a P5, it fits lower/longer too. Which is good for a limited subset of the market (no really big size in case you're wondering) but not great for the majority

You just know, or do you have the geometry chart?
I was actually wondering what exact geo it would have and pad stack and reach ranges.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Cadex bike price/availability [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do any of you all think that if a company made an aero "wide" fork that fits your TT/tri bike that people would buy it? If it cost let's say $2k?

I think they would.
Quote Reply
Re: Cadex bike price/availability [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
Do any of you all think that if a company made an aero "wide" fork that fits your TT/tri bike that people would buy it? If it cost let's say $2k?

I think they would.

Probably everyone who has $700 OSPW.

If 3rd parties confirm measurable aero gains, then more
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
Cadex employee at Sub7/Sub8 confirms:
Pre-orders start June
Deliveries starting September
~7000€ frame-only
No complete builds
Only through special tri dealers

7000€ is crazy. Was really hoping for Trinity-level value :(

it seems reasonable, like KU CYCLE, they are not for massive sales.

my opinion is that the "ironman market" will be reduced in the near future.. less participants, less races... and therefore less sales.

It seems for me that they want to compensate the decrease in sales, with higher prices (or they are still thinking that the post-pandemia hype will last for ever), let's see
Quote Reply
Re: Cadex bike price/availability [ivantriker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The drop in participation and gear purchases is a self-fulfilling prophecy with these prices.

After 17 of them, I will likely never race an IM-branded 140.6.

And at these prices, I will not buy another superbike again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this is my theory, both for event and bike prices:

Not many people want to pay more for less.

It is very easy to increase prices, if the demand is growing. But, when the demand decreases, it is very difficult to reduce prices again.. normally you are not able to produce cheap again, many companies only earn money if they grow... and if not, they close.

So, my doubt is in the near future we change from bikes are expensives because demand is high, to bikes are expensive because the offer is low.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:

And at these prices, I will not buy another superbike again.

Bikes coming in the next couple of years are a lot more super at lower pricepoints
the super expensive bikes are going to be stranded a bit
Quote Reply

Prev Next