Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Banditting a race...
Quote | Reply
Hypothetically, if you had photos of an individual blatantly pacing someone in a WTC event, would you "out" them?

"Hold on, you run a marathon AFTER you ride your bike?!?....oh, you people are just insane"......(my Mom)

Rockin' the W in 2013!! Wattie Ink Elite Team
Last edited by: jmim2006: Jul 9, 12 8:40
Quote Reply
Re: Banditting a race... [jmim2006] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WTC organises races, governing bodies sanction races.

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanctioned event or not cheaters suck, post the pics here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah man post the pics here,it has been at least a week since we had a good crucifixion on ST!

--------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did they actually bandit all 3 disciplines? Or did you just catch some guy biking the course or just pacing his buddy on the run?

Post the pics and let the mob justice sort this out. Let me get my pitchfork
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jmim2006 wrote:
Hypothetically, if you had photos of an individual blatantly pacing someone in a WTC sanctioned event, would you "out" them?

I never thought pacing on the run was such a big deal, but man what is the deal with all the snorkelers this season?! every triathlon i've done this season i've seen at least one or 2 snorkelers per race. I've even seen a noodle. ever since that NYC incident it's like there has been an explosion of 'noodlers'
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your subject doesn't really match your post.

But to answer your question based on the constraints you gave, hypothetically, I could create scenarios where I would or I wouldn't.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Post the pics or delete the thread
Quote Reply
Re: Banditting a race... [Jackb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

"Hold on, you run a marathon AFTER you ride your bike?!?....oh, you people are just insane"......(my Mom)

Quote Reply
Re: Banditting a race... [Jackb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kept the picture big so any pertinent details could be seen.

Race was Providence 70.3 yesterday. Body marking on the woman is #963-it's a little difficult to see...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How do you know she was a bandit? She has a green wristband on?
Quote Reply
Re: Banditting a race... [TriBeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriBeer wrote:
How do you know she was a bandit? She has a green wristband on?

& a timing chip??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a similar picture of my wife running alongside me briefly at a race. I hope no one gets a hold of it and turns me in.

Those are some amazing jugs in that picture, however.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like she has a race number belt on, just turned around backwards...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
#96 belongs to a F25-29 participant who ran 3 min/mile slower than #963. So I'm not sure what's going on here.
Quote Reply
Re: Banditting a race... [tpero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://ironman.com/...r=2012#axzz208p6sNwe

There is a link to her results.
Quote Reply
Re: Banditting a race... [tpero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check her number on the bib list....and then check his...

Is he wearing a timing chip? Green wristband?

Also, no name on the bib and the number is off center-look carefully, the last number that I assume is a "3" is whited out.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jmim2006 wrote:

Also, no name on the bib and the number is off center-look carefully, the last number that I assume is a "3" is whited out.

I get what your saying now, sorry I was misunderstood.

Not real sure what is going on here. Worth turning in? No.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jmim2006 wrote:

That really IS interesting! It definitely looks like he used white-out or something to erase the 3 in her number.

----------------------------------------------------------
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.
If at first you DO succeed, try to hide your astonishment!
Quote Reply
Re: Banditting a race... [RushTogether] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was there yesterday to support my wife during the race...take some pictures and give her encouragement.

I had a long run on my schedule for yesterday and it would have been much easier to run it on the course with aid station support, but I didn't because it's just not right. Running the course with someone may not be cheating, but by altering her bib(which I think is what happened), that shows intent and THAT, at least in my book, IS cheating.

Last edited by: jmim2006: Jul 9, 12 9:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why are both of her knees bloody?

Steve

"If you ain't first, you're last." Reese Bobby Talladega Nights
Quote Reply
Re: Banditting a race... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I say shoot them both!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jmim2006 wrote:
I was there yesterday to support my wife during the race...take some pictures and give her encouragement.

I had a long run on my schedule for yesterday and it would have been much easier to run it on the course with aid station support, but I didn't because it's just not right. Running the course with someone may not be cheating, but by altering her bib(which I think is what happened), that shows intent and THAT, at least in my book, IS cheating.

I have seen some things at races, but this one sure has my interest up. I do not see her bid number on her, which I believe for the rules has to be worn during the run.

It sure looks like by him having what looks to be her bib, and a number taken out, and what I assume is an empty timing strap, is much more than someone just happened to be running next to her.
Am looking forward to more of the details on this, and if it is what it looks like, will WTC do anything.

Cheating is cheating, but maybe the picture somehow does not tell the true story?

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jmim2006 wrote:

I agree with you. I did that race yesterday, and on the run, the aid stations definitely appeared to be feeling the squeeze of people needing a lot of stuff in the heat, etc. They kept running out of sponges and ice despite their best efforts to keep both fully stocked. So what really bothers me is that this guy was basically on course taking resources from athletes who actually needed them and that he obviously planned this in advance. Dick move, dude. Dick move.

----------------------------------------------------------
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.
If at first you DO succeed, try to hide your astonishment!
Quote Reply

Prev Next