Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: An Analysis of Rappstar's Ride at IMC [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
<< The Jonnyo method of racing and training >>

Hate to burst yer Jonnyo love bubble, but, he owns and uses a SRM & a HRM in training.
You can bet yer ass Paulo doesn't just send him out and say "ride 4 hrs at z2 w/ 3x20 z4 on 5' RI" and then hope for the best that Jonnyo does this by feel.

He may choose to race w/o them, but he's also been doing this for well over 10 years now.
(Gordo went w/o any gadgets after using 'em in training, and look how well that worked out for him.)

As I've posted before, for all those who don't like or want to use gadgets - don't.
But - WHY do you insist on posting on a thread for those who do use them?

Prior to the hijacking (which I rather enjoyed, I hate to say it), this was a very informative thread about how to properly pace and race an IM bike AND by doing so set up a good run.

ok...you are right... i used srm and hr for years... have good understanding of them... now i have burn out and change attitude since with paulo...

when paulo give me a run with 6X4minutes z3 build ot z4 running.... and i head out the door without a watch or anything else but my running shoes... paulo know it s just me going for my normal workouts... 4 minutes is like...well if i have my ipod... it s 1 song! so if i have a 50 minutes tempo run, i know 10 song will do the trick... if no ipod, i just run until the sun as move a few degress coresponding to 50 minutes... not always super accurate.

i dont have a watch or computer or powermeter on the bike for over a year..... all intervals are by feel and for duration... i use to clock at home when i leave and look at it when i come back... and make the math to figure out how long i rode....

i do not avocate this way of training for anyone... but i came up to a new level of performance and training this year from reconising the importance of been consistant, and challenging myself when on the road and connecting to another level with my body....getting to know me better, i m happier than ever and it shows in my attitude and races. no technology for me.....

Jonnyo, you might be surprised at how similar we train (at least on the bike w/ or without a PM)... I definitely do my strongest riding alone and it's entirely based on RPE. Yes, even my intervals are done by feel. I don't sit on a number. Period. I realize a lot of people do but I don't. I just use the PM after-the-fact to reinforce/justify how hard I'm truly riding. However, even though you don't use one today, like you, I have used a PM for years and that has a strong influence on how I ride today.

Interesting enough... I often use songs to determine the length of an effort/interval...

Thanks, Chris
Quote Reply
Re: An Analysis of Rappstar's Ride at IMC [steveperx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
One more thing. Let's see if we can take this in a more positive direction...

Positive direction? Where do you think you are? TriathlonLoveFest.com? You're not going to get a positive direction out of this forum.

Steve, I often see potential where nobody else does. I will continue to persist for better or worse... Some see it as a fault but I see it as a learning opportunity and a desire to overcome challenges.

At a minimum, we've entertained quite a few people today... ;-)

Thanks, Chris
Quote Reply
Re: An Analysis of Rappstar's Ride at IMC [lakerfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't own an iPod, have never downloaded a song in my life.
I guess those folks who do, and use them in training, are slaves to the music.
Dunno how you can tune in to your body when you are tuning out to the tunes....

Me - I go by feel, the feel of my breathing, footfalls, the sound of the wind going by.

And also by my watch, HRM, PT, and now GPS. ;-)

Man - has this thread ever taken on a life of its own... I love the parts w/ Paulo playing the victim and getting offended that others are being mean to him. Priceless.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lakerfan... i would not be surprise of your training and racing... i know you dont stare at your srm.....

it s just the analyse of the files that is out of my league! but there is nothing wrong... i dont see much value in it...it dosnt mean there isnt...and i dont judge in any negative way the fact that you do.

like murphy's law said. i just found out i m addicted to music.... maybe true???? i m also slave of the WOMENS!!!!!!!!!

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: An Analysis of Rappstar's Ride at IMC [Rich Strauss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rich

Dont think for a second that Paulo or any of his "cronies' represent what anyone paying attention to this thread think or feel regarding your comments. I took them for exactly what they were...a testament on what a difference articulate, well informed information is out there through the likes of Chris, yourself and others on this or other forums. Then there's Paulo.....

Enough said...

Kurt Luoni
US Sales Manager
Orca Wetsuits
Quote Reply
Re: An Analysis of Rappstar's Ride at IMC [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I don't own an iPod, have never downloaded a song in my life.
I guess those folks who do, and use them in training, are slaves to the music.
Dunno how you can tune in to your body when you are tuning out to the tunes....

Me - I go by feel, the feel of my breathing, footfalls, the sound of the wind going by.

And also by my watch, HRM, PT, and now GPS. ;-)

Man - has this thread ever taken on a life of its own... I love the parts w/ Paulo playing the victim and getting offended that others are being mean to him. Priceless.

Yes, the thread is going in all sort of very interesting directions...

Regarding music... I don't use it on the bike except indoors. I do use it on the run but just off and on. A lot depends on my specific workout goal. I don't use music at all when I get close to my race.

I used to think the same thing as you did but I've discovered that music can strangely get you deeply in touch with your body. I can't begin to explain it on a forum. It's something you have to play with in training for a while to understand...

Thanks, Chris
Quote Reply
Re: An Analysis of Rappstar's Ride at IMC [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"He amuses me and entertains me . . ."

Really? You say this kind of thing pretty frequently about various posters and, frankly, it defies credulity. You find lakerfan amusing and entertaining? His writing is stilted, he is a little clumsy in the way he communicates, and he comes across as somewhat arrogant and self-absorbed. And that entertains you? To each his own, I guess. I would have figured that with an intelligent guy like you that there would be something more subterranean at work in your repulsion/attraction to lakerfan and this train-wreck of a thread. I've been wrong several times before, though . . .

Quote Reply
Re: An Analysis of Rappstar's Ride at IMC [$2/chuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Belief based. HA!

Belief based would never fly in the financial industry.

Bringing accountability to triathlon. Hell yeah!

Get to know yer athlete and then lay out a program based on belief on the front end... and analyze it with stress scores on the back end. What's wrong with that.

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Re: An Analysis of Rappstar's Ride at IMC [Rich Strauss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rich... Chris...

PhD.... piled higher and deeper. Ignore him. :)

He does himself a disservice here with the posting manner that he does... but off line he's really cute and it's hard not to give him a hug. :) PS I had to restrain myself at 5430 from doing just that. :)

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Quote Reply
Re: An Analysis of Rappstar's Ride at IMC [MarkyV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, don't restrain yourself. Paulo loves the man hug.

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Re: An Analysis of Rappstar's Ride at IMC [ShawnF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
....and the thread goes bye-bye....

Kurt Luoni
US Sales Manager
Orca Wetsuits
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOL! :)

Is there anything special about giving an Iberian a hug? I mean do I have to kiss him three times, alternating ears or something? ;)

Quote Reply
Re: An Analysis of Rappstar's Ride at IMC [MarkyV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude, I didn't say anything about kissing!!

Let's get this thread back on topic...jonnyo loves to ride using the feel of the womens, or something like that.

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Given his appearance in CO springs soon you'll probably be able to see that theory of yours play out pretty quick!

See how fast he rides after stopping at the local coffee shop (I am assuming hot womens work there). :)

Quote Reply
Re: An Analysis of Rappstar's Ride at IMC [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, Paulo's taking a beating in this thread. His online personality 'is what it is', but he's a good guy and knows what he's talking about.

Anyway, I'm reminded of this great quote:

"You've got to have some serious talent to have 53000 people saying "YOU SUCK"
Barry Bonds

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Quote Reply
Re: An Analysis of Rappstar's Ride at IMC [Acephale] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
"He amuses me and entertains me . . ."

Really? You say this kind of thing pretty frequently about various posters and, frankly, it defies credulity. You find lakerfan amusing and entertaining? His writing is stilted, he is a little clumsy in the way he communicates, and he comes across as somewhat arrogant and self-absorbed. And that entertains you? To each his own, I guess. I would have figured that with an intelligent guy like you that there would be something more subterranean at work in your repulsion/attraction to lakerfan and this train-wreck of a thread. I've been wrong several times before, though . . .

Sorry I come off as arrogant and self-absorbed. That's not my intention. Yep, the writing is far from perfect but, like I said, I'm working on improving my communication skills so I don't leave people with that impression going forward. Always room for improvement!!

Thanks, Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chris Hauth pretty much rocks! :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I recall, lakerfan is pretty hot, therefore he can say whatever he wants!
Quote Reply
Re: An Analysis of Rappstar's Ride at IMC [Kestrelkerri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i m jealous... i wish you would think i rock too.....

i didnt know who he was.... i was just asking but i finaly found out....

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He's an amazing athlete and a super nice dude as well!! I'm sure if I ever actually meet you I would think that too, but you can't put the cart before the horse, ya know?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

when paulo give me a run with 6X4minutes z3 build ot z4 running.... and i head out the door without a watch or anything else but my running shoes...J

Jonathan, how do you know that your are in Z3 or Z4 without a HRM?
Last edited by: Raptor: Sep 4, 07 20:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Say good-night Gracie.
Quote Reply
Re: An Analysis of Rappstar's Ride at IMC [Raptor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well, that is pretty easy to feel, z4(thresold is something i m use to reconise pretty easy when running, i guess experience??? i can usualy guess my heart rate with in 3-4 beats at any given times.... i play that game sometimes when running with others and were a hr monitor strap but someone else as the watch....

i also do intervals on the bike with tom and i have to guess how long was the interval... he mesure them and tell me at the end of the workout if i was off or not...

i know... all this dosnt make any sence....

Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Jonathan.
Quote Reply
Re: An Analysis of Rappstar's Ride at IMC [Raptor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

when paulo give me a run with 6X4minutes z3 build ot z4 running.... and i head out the door without a watch or anything else but my running shoes...J

Jonathan, how do you know that your are in Z3 or Z4 without a HRM?
I have to give it to frenchie here...he seems to be very good at guessing the length of intervals. We were riding and he had 4x5 min before a local HIM but had no watch. I was making fun of him (like usual) for saying he just know when the 5 min are up. I decided to time each one. After the 4 intervals he had worked for 20:05 in total. At that point I called him an idiot for doing the extra 5 seconds that he would not have done if he had a watch. I think it also totally screwed his HIM that weekend.

T
Quote Reply

Prev Next