Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: An Analysis of Rappstar's Ride at IMC [steveperx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
man, where were you three pages ago???
Quote Reply
Re: An Analysis of Rappstar's Ride at IMC [Rich Strauss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You've single-handedly lowered the collective expectations of the tri-world to such a level that I and many, many others just need to show up.

Now there's a ringing self-endorsement if I ever saw one...

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh man, I really should show that post to some of your clients.
Already have a "screenshot".

You guys are pretty disgusting!

Re: An Analysis of Rappstar's Ride at IMC [de-tri-mental] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll agree, not well worded, but I think Rich was referring to customer service as a triathlon coach. Not the coaching itself.

-------------------------------------
Steve Perkins
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your footer seems oddly appropriate here...

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Re: An Analysis of Rappstar's Ride at IMC [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you are absolutly right.... pm teached me a lot so hr and many other tools. i will encorage everyone to use them if they can and learn... great tools. Paulo would say the same.

but i never said the word VI or TSS in my life with powermeter, i learn a lot but in a different way than someone like lakersfan did. I would never do a analyse as deep as he did as i think it s pointless FOR ME. i dont judge anyone else for what they do, but in the big pictures, for me once again, it s compleltly pointless, i do learn a lot more from conversation in subjective words with tom evans and other athlete from victoria that i have train with.

it s also a personality thing.... i would be happy to sit with anyone here and talk for ever about triathlon.... had a 2h talk with markyv today...was awsome.... but i like to talk feel, strategie, words.... not numbers... in my quest to break 9h or 8:30 one day maybe? attitude and commitement have been huge discussion topic with many athelte..... VI NP AP TSS....never.

if you think pm can help you out... go for it, lets keep the discussion going!

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i love this thread!

blood, sweat...and big gears

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali
Quote Reply
Re: An Analysis of Rappstar's Ride at IMC [Lazy Ben] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. Very appropriate. I think Rich should have counted to ten before posting that. I saw it and thought "Ooooo! That's gonna leave a mark."

Steve Perkins
Quote Reply
Re: An Analysis of Rappstar's Ride at IMC [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually, I thoroughly enjoy cristicism when someone says, for example, "Chris, I think you're overly obsessed with the numbers and here's why: (followed by a very detailed and well articulated justification)." Honestly, I haven't seen that yet. It appears that Brent made an attempt but, in all due respect to him, I thought it was a somewhat weak initial attempt.

Now, if you believe I just can't take criticism, in general, then go ask Rich Strauss and Rick Ashburn or even Mitch Gold about how much I resisted some of their principles early on but their arguments were extremely well articulated. In some cases, it just took me a while to put it together and I changed.

Do you not realize the challenge I knew that would be thrown at me when I made this post on ST? I wanted to be tested. I was looking for a challenge to my analysis. If I was only looking for acceptance or a path or least resistance would I not have just posted over at www.endurancenation.us or www.counterpartcoaching.com????

So far, I've not seen a compelling argument against my approach. I'm really waiting for someone to say something where I truly have to go off and think about it for an hour or two. I want to say, "Hmmm... Now that's an excellent point. I really need some time to think about that...."

Thanks, Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have no doubt that Paulo is a good coach, as measured by service and knowledge. His athletes seem to perform well and they are obviously loyal to him.

Just _every_ time I wander in here he is cutting someone down or contributing destructiveness to a post or thought vs adding something. It's like it's a game or something...which it probably is. Whatever...I just find it fascinating that a self-proclaimed professional chooses to represent himself this way. That said, my post was an attempt to have a little fun by playing the game his way with a little hyperbole. So I guess he wins again :-)

--------------------

Rich Strauss
Endurance Nation Ironman 2013 and 2014 World Champion TriClub, Div I
Create a FREE 7-day trial membership
Last edited by: Rich Strauss: Sep 4, 07 16:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah. I see. You should have used pink font. :)

Steve Perkins
Quote Reply
Re: An Analysis of Rappstar's Ride at IMC [brentl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One more thing. Let's see if we can take this in a more positive direction...

Comments like "emphasis on numbers place limitation on your performance" or "you need to establish a good feel for your capabilities" are great comments, in general, but why should I just blindly believe it without any justification whatsoever? The justification is what I'm looking for. And who's to say that someone who uses a PM doesn't have a good feel for their capabilities either? What if an athlete who uses a PM does 90+% of their race-specific training via RPE? Could that not help them establish a great feel for their capabilities? If not, then how would someone recommend you establish a good feel for your capabilities?

I wonder... Do people assume that guys who race with PMs stare at them for 112miles? You should read my IMC race report. I think it might be enlightening to people...

Thanks, Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"when you want to grow your business beyond giving yourself a reach around, as you screw yourself, look me up. Happy to help."

The person that wrote that is giving me lessons in professionalism. Again... priceless.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"No dude, thank YOU! Your complete lack of professionalism and complete jackassery has been great for my business. You've single-handedly lowered the collective expectations of the tri-world to such a level that I and many, many others just need to show up. Don't listen to Dev, you're doing great! Thumbs up!

I should probably put you on the payroll or at least offer you an assistant coaching gig. In fact, when you want to grow your business beyond giving yourself a reach around, as you screw yourself, look me up. Happy to help. "

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'll agree, not well worded, but I think Rich was referring to customer service as a triathlon coach. Not the coaching itself."

Sorry but this comment is in any case quite revealing on how triathlon coaches perceive their customers.
It isn't the first and only.

And don't get me started on a more detailed analysis of the person making that kind of statements.

Re: An Analysis of Rappstar's Ride at IMC [lakerfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One more thing. Let's see if we can take this in a more positive direction...

Positive direction? Where do you think you are? TriathlonLoveFest.com? You're not going to get a positive direction out of this forum.

Steve Perkins
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Just imagine how much you could contribute to this forum if you changed your attitude just a little bit."

That is the truly sad part about all of this.
Quote Reply
Re: An Analysis of Rappstar's Ride at IMC [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
"when you want to grow your business beyond giving yourself a reach around, as you screw yourself, look me up. Happy to help."

The person that wrote that is giving me lessons in professionalism. Again... priceless.

Yep, you're right, my apologies. Shoulda counted to 10 before posting that.

------------------

Rich Strauss
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll refrain from further putting words into Rich's mouth. He's a big boy and can speak for himself. Not an endearing post, for sure, regardless of its poster's intent.

Steve Perkins
Quote Reply
Re: An Analysis of Rappstar's Ride at IMC [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes totally agree ... The guy is a "pentelho" that knows a lot about Tri, but cannot communicate well with others ...

Luiz Eng
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
"No dude, thank YOU! Your complete lack of professionalism and complete jackassery has been great for my business. You've single-handedly lowered the collective expectations of the tri-world to such a level that I and many, many others just need to show up. Don't listen to Dev, you're doing great! Thumbs up!

I should probably put you on the payroll or at least offer you an assistant coaching gig. In fact, when you want to grow your business beyond giving yourself a reach around, as you screw yourself, look me up. Happy to help. "

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'll agree, not well worded, but I think Rich was referring to customer service as a triathlon coach. Not the coaching itself."

Sorry but this comment is in any case quite revealing on how triathlon coaches perceive their customers.
It isn't the first and only.

And don't get me started on a more detailed analysis of the person making that kind of statements.
D,
I think you're reading a bit much into this. A failed attempt at SmartAssCoach-esque humor and a post that shouldn't have been posted. I'd delete the post but there's your quote so here we are.

Out for a ride,

--------------------

Rich Strauss
Quote Reply
Re: An Analysis of Rappstar's Ride at IMC [Leng] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey guys in fairness to Paulo, he can communicate very well and is fully capable of doing so when he chooses to. Don't for a second think he can't communicate. If you can't communicate, you can't coach, and this forum is not where he coaches...he does that offline quite successfully.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for my new sig line!

Quote Reply
Re: An Analysis of Rappstar's Ride at IMC [Lazy Ben] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OMG. I'm sure Rich is thrilled!

Jodi
Quote Reply
Re: An Analysis of Rappstar's Ride at IMC [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who cares? I'm thrilled :)

Quote Reply
Re: An Analysis of Rappstar's Ride at IMC [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Dev, I only know Paulo from his posts in the forum ... so my personal opinion remains the same ... he doesn't know how to communicate ... but anyway , who cares ?? I don 't ...

Luiz Eng
Quote Reply

Prev Next