Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: An Analysis of Rappstar's Ride at IMC [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Is a dentist a real doctor? ;)

Oh boy...your gonna start another war like on Herberts thread.

As for where Jonny gets most of his advice, I think it's the ice cream lady at Tickleberry's.

T

Quote Reply
Re: An Analysis of Rappstar's Ride at IMC [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What I want to know is if Kieren Doe lives in a house.
Are you saying Jonnyo and I need to live in a house in order to win an Ironman? So, really, pacing has nothing to do with it. It is just about whether or not you live in a house? Wow. So really, you don't train to win races, you just train so you can buy a house, and then once you have a house, you win races!

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Only if you buy a house with your triathlon money. It's a catch 22 kind of thing.
Quote Reply
Re: An Analysis of Rappstar's Ride at IMC [drtommy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Is a dentist a real doctor? ;)

Oh boy...your gonna start another war like on Herberts thread.

As for where Jonny gets most of his advice, I think it's the ice cream lady at Tickleberry's.

T
If you were a real doctor, you'd know it's "you're gonna start another war..."

Jonnyo would definitely get his advice from a place called Tickleberry's -- "Hexcuse me womans, do you 'ave hany tickleberreez? Can you show me what eez zis ticklebereez?"

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i can neither confirm nor deny that he lives in a house, but he does shop at my supermarket.

in hindsight, i regret not taking a peek in his trolley...dammit

blood, sweat...and big gears

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jordan, i cant reply anymore, i have to go to bed because tomorow, i m swimming at the RESERVOIR in the city of BOULDER and need to be in my best shape as i will meet a lot of HOT SHOT of triathlon and probably also many HOT WOMENS.

i will also go for coffee with MarkV, people told me he like to listen and a bit shy when comes time to talk about himself???!!!!!!!

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: An Analysis of Rappstar's Ride at IMC [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have somewhere to stay? I have relatives in Boulder. You can pretend you are related to them if you want. Maybe that will help with the womens. He's a doctor! I bet that will help.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i m staying with WILL and MUFFINTOP and it s a lot of fun...... i have my own air matress and a full room to myself, we could say that i live in a house.... and only a few houses from Graham fraser and gordo and a few others.... i m definitly someone right now!

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
i will also go for coffee with MarkV, people told me he like to listen and a bit shy when comes time to talk about himself???!!!!!!!
Mark is a little shy and won't say much when you first meet him, but he's a good guy. Also when he talks, he talks really low, so you really need to pay attention.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
i m staying with WILL and MUFFINTOP and it s a lot of fun...... i have my own air matress and a full room to myself, we could say that i live in a house.... and only a few houses from Graham fraser and gordo and a few others.... i m definitly someone right now!

What do you mean you are in Boulder?I thought you were a Penticton local.At least that is what the newspapers papers said last week. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: An Analysis of Rappstar's Ride at IMC [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
of course i m a local. i m just in training camp before ironman hawaii, i m actually on my way to Las Cruces where i will train in a very quiet and lonely environement. I left penticton saturday night and drove here.

but you will see me back in penticton soon.... it s been the place in canada i have pass the most time in the last 2.5 years... so i consider it home now! But as always, i dont sit still for very long.... alaways on the go....

Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
of course i m a local. i m just in training camp before ironman hawaii, i m actually on my way to Las Cruces where i will train in a very quiet and lonely environement. I left penticton saturday night and drove here.

but you will see me back in penticton soon.... it s been the place in canada i have pass the most time in the last 2.5 years... so i consider it home now! But as always, i dont sit still for very long.... alaways on the go....
You are a local of Paseo, Toyota!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
             Good to hear that you haven't deserted us now that you are a famous athelete/chick magnet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BORN AND RAISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You guys know that lakertensefan is going to blame me for this highjack, don't you?!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You guys know that lakertensefan is going to blame me for this highjack, don't you?!
You can't start a serious thread after 5pm EST. It just doesn't work...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

No worries at all... I find it quite comical to watch your insecurities play out on a forum.

Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Paulo, I bet you'd get a lot less criticism around here if you went back to your old screen name!
Quote Reply
Re: An Analysis of Rappstar's Ride at IMC [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Hey Paulo, I bet you'd get a lot less criticism (...)
Now what fun would that be? :-D
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Make sure you say HELLO to the dogs that live by the reservoir!!! :D
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Paulo, why take personal shots at Triyoda. He just asked you to make a positive contribution.

As for post race analysis or not, obviously we all agree that everyone should have a game plan. The post race data is nice evidence to see how well it was followed, and as you know in cases where things go south, the data usually tell the tale of why. I know that I am not an athlete who wants data all the time and would prefer to go by feel, however, I do log every workout that I have done in the past 10 years, and I can go back to my logs to determine trends between what type and volume of training I was doing, the accompanying stresses in my life and how racing was going. I see value in that after analysis.

Jordan's power file clearly offers some interesting data useful to all of us wanting to learn about how to get better. We are all glad that he had a solid plan and executed to perfection!
Quote Reply
Re: An Analysis of Rappstar's Ride at IMC [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this thread (the first part anyway) reminds me of a good story i heard. doc counsilman (he was a swim coach some of you might have heard of) was at a conference in the early to mid 80s where jonty skinner was giving a talk on lactate testing and drowning the audience in a sea of numbers. doc got up and said something to the effect of, if you need a lactate machine to tell you when your athletes are tired, then you're not coaching.

the point is that the toys and numbers can be interesting, but they are unnecessary, don't tell the whole story, and make it easy to get sidetracked or never develop the ability to adapt to changing conditions.
Quote Reply
Re: An Analysis of Rappstar's Ride at IMC [brentl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

the point is that the toys and numbers can be interesting, but they are unnecessary, don't tell the whole story, and make it easy to get sidetracked or never develop the ability to adapt to changing conditions.

Amen! And to some of us, they suck the fun out of training. It's much more fun to test your limits and learn to read your body. The Jonnyo method of racing and training.

:-)

Jodi
Quote Reply
Re: An Analysis of Rappstar's Ride at IMC [Titan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
In a Quality Control type of analysis, you MUST be able to make measurements. Quality Control programs don't assure the best results, but, QC programs allow one to test, measure, analyze, attempt to control the inputs, retest, measure, analyze. So, you are on the way to a QC program, with the resultant potential of better results...don't let nay-sayers sway you away from your efforts.

Exactly. My athletes have reaped the benefits of this approach for many years.

Interestingly, the first coach I ever saw who approached training in a really QC / 6-Sigma way was my wife. She coached a basketball team in Chicago for a few years after we first met. I watched her turn bench-warmers into really valuable players with some regularity. It was impressive to see someone with no scientific training at all (she is a graphic artist) apply evidence-based methods to athlete training.

I recently wrote an article on evidence-based coaching for my blog, check it out here. It was pretty popular with the Wattage list crowd.

Also, there is an excellent article on evidence based coaching here, which Andy Coggan turned up some years ago. It is worth reading.

FWIW,

Philbert

Dr. Philip Skiba
Scientific Training for Endurance Athletes now available on Amazon!
Quote Reply
Re: An Analysis of Rappstar's Ride at IMC [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
<< The Jonnyo method of racing and training >>

Hate to burst yer Jonnyo love bubble, but, he owns and uses a SRM & a HRM in training.
You can bet yer ass Paulo doesn't just send him out and say "ride 4 hrs at z2 w/ 3x20 z4 on 5' RI" and then hope for the best that Jonnyo does this by feel.

He may choose to race w/o them, but he's also been doing this for well over 10 years now.
(Gordo went w/o any gadgets after using 'em in training, and look how well that worked out for him.)

As I've posted before, for all those who don't like or want to use gadgets - don't.
But - WHY do you insist on posting on a thread for those who do use them?

Prior to the hijacking (which I rather enjoyed, I hate to say it), this was a very informative thread about how to properly pace and race an IM bike AND by doing so set up a good run.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply

Prev Next