Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: An Analysis of Rappstar's Ride at IMC [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You're (obviously) confused, because I was replying to sinchronicity's post, not Jordan's. But I've come to expect this level of confusion and misunderstanding coming from you, so you're excused.

I had to try... I was shooting for 10 pages... :-)
Last edited by: lakerfan: Sep 6, 07 23:29
Quote Reply
Re: An Analysis of Rappstar's Ride at IMC [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Your post obviously goes to the point of all this discussion. Wait, let me take the word obviously out.
Paulo, I'm really starting to doubt your sense of logic. First you confuse the basis by which a coach performs their job with the basis by which their performance at that job should be judged, now you agree with synchronicity's non sequitor re. the relationship between training and performance in a thread about the relationship between pacing and performance. To use your word, these are obviously different issues.
Last edited by: Andrew Coggan: Sep 7, 07 8:10
Quote Reply
Re: An Analysis of Rappstar's Ride at IMC [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In fact, given the amount of time most athletes have, I think more intensity (and maybe less volume) would be better for many athletes.

I think I love you.

p.s. please keep this belief to yourself in the future.
Last edited by: el fuser: Sep 7, 07 4:56
Quote Reply
Re: An Analysis of Rappstar's Ride at IMC [lakerfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Btw, Jordan's TSS was 272 which is a bit on the conservative side for someone with his capabilities, imho. The point being that his numbers very much support the idea that he'd ride a bit harder (ie closer to 80% of FTP) if he had attempted to peak for this event.

Thanks, Chris

Rappstar has already disclosed as much.

Are you saying a TSS of 290 is your limit? Are you also saying that based on the data you've collected that a TSS above a certain value will lead to a run that's slow enough as to not yield the fastest overall finishing time?
Quote Reply
Re: An Analysis of Rappstar's Ride at IMC [cdanrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Btw, Jordan's TSS was 272 which is a bit on the conservative side for someone with his capabilities, imho. The point being that his numbers very much support the idea that he'd ride a bit harder (ie closer to 80% of FTP) if he had attempted to peak for this event.

Thanks, Chris

Rappstar has already disclosed as much.

Are you saying a TSS of 290 is your limit? Are you also saying that based on the data you've collected that a TSS above a certain value will lead to a run that's slow enough as to not yield the fastest overall finishing time?

Sorry, what I meant to say was, "...his numbers very much support the idea that he could have ridden a bit harder..." What I was trying to tell people is that his power numbers very much supported his statement that he could have ridden harder if his peak/taper was different and still run very well (just in case that didn't read well/correctly the first time I wrote it).

Is 290 the limit? Clearly there's no single number that indicates the limit but we (our group) are seeing somewhere in the range of 260 - 290 or 270 - 300. I use the latter because I've seen enough files from strong athletes who are running well after yielding that kind of TSS. The lower number in the range isn't as important, imho, but helps people get a sense if they might be able to push a bit harder. There are always exceptions and we obviously have to take into account how well the person might have nailed down their FTP but what we consistently see is athletes who yield TSSes >300 start to falter or blow up on the run. Finding a blow up is easy. Nailing down whether someone truly ran well or not is a bit more challenging but now you get a sense of how we look to leverage data like % of Daniels T pace/FT pace. Note that I said % of T pace and not necessarily 10k pace. I personally prefer T pace for all the same reasons AC created FTP.

Btw, you're asking all of these questions that I address in detail (much more so than on this ST thread) in this document I'm writing. I'm pretty sure I have your e-mail still so I'll send you a copy when I'm done.

Thanks, Chris
Quote Reply
Re: An Analysis of Rappstar's Ride at IMC [el fuser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In fact, given the amount of time most athletes have, I think more intensity (and maybe less volume) would be better for many athletes.

I think I love you.

p.s. please keep this belief to yourself in the future.

Btw, I wouldn't get too excited about keeping this a secret... The well-accepted principle of "raise the left, fill the right" already has people doing a reasonable amount of intensity.

Thanks, Chris
Quote Reply

Prev Next