Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: American Zofingen 2019 [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is most excellent Intel. Letโ€™s not CWD and F1 racers take more than fair share before the real race finishes... ๐Ÿคฃ
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2019 [ejd_mil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope! Not a chance.

Thatโ€™s already waaaay too much coddling and spoon feeding for AmZof.

Back in the day, we had potholes all over the place, and nobody marked them or told us where they were, and thatโ€™s the way we liked it!
We loved it!!!

GET OFF MY LAWN!!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚

[/img]

float , hammer , and jog

Last edited by: Murphy'sLaw: May 18, 19 12:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, yes... spoon feeding is what I want!! :)

Well, in that case... I am going to get an industrial strength rubber band and attach your P5 to my P3, and I am going to love getting towed around the course! Not drafting, I am sure.

See you and everyone tomorrow!
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2019 [ejd_mil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Best of luck tomorrow, everybody. It's going to be a great day. Race hard and smart. Finish well, and enjoy a couple of cold ones from a BIG HONKIN STEIN!

I'll be following the streaming coverage. But I'll be back next year for short course at 70!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! ๐Ÿ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2019 [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GOOD MORNING AMZOF PEEPS!!!!

IT IS RACE DAY!!!
๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿšฒ ๐Ÿƒ ๐Ÿบ

Itโ€™s a lovely morning here in Ulstertucky, 55 and mostly cloudy, light breeze from the SW.

Forecast looks solid, warming to mid 70โ€™s, but with a chance of late afternoon T-storms to cool off the slower LC racers on their final run laps.

Keep the rubber side down, and get some!

Sweeney - see ya next year!! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

PS - registration for AmZof 2020 is already open!!!
And for a VERY limited time, all distances are the absurdly low price of $100.
A single Benjamin. ๐Ÿ’ต

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whoo Hoo! It's a beautiful morning! Enjoy the pain!

Just a little pic to remind you all of the good old days;

''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! ๐Ÿ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who the heck is Ross McGraw? 32 minute first run in CDW. Murphy's and Jim Stafford had great runs but this guy killed it!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like a decent bike split as well.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2019 [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man that guy was flying! ML should be calling for him to be tested to see if he had the proper level of beer in his system!

Great job Murphy's; 4th overall for one of the old guys!

AZ has me excited about triathlon again. I have a few races this year including Montauk in a few weeks, but next year I'm coming back strong!

(if you've never done Montauk, it's something you need to experience. It's one of the originals, and it still feels that way)

Last edited by: Sweeney: May 19, 19 8:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very impressive 65-69 Scott Harrison right behind Dillon who was earlier mentioned as a contender.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow - no stein for ML? Me thinks that may have never happened (other than the inaugural, when he didn't race).

Miss the atmosphere out there. Was originally hoping to make it out to help Tom G with race day stuff, but a change in work travel schedule necessitated my absence.

For those newbies out there today, congratulations on finding a new definition of pain and suffering. Too bad you aren't getting the good stuff (Zofingen-style weather). ๐Ÿ˜‚
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2019 [krol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, the steins continue for ML; got one in his age group. All the old geezers get one because they are the only ones in their age group!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
(slaps forehead)
Oh yeah, there's that AG thingy. See kids, you lose more than just fitness when you don't race for a few years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hope everyone's is off the bike. Heavy rain coming through Shandaken right now. Coming your way!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I somehow managed to keep my streak alive of never finishing worse than 4th OA at whatever distance AmZof race I have done.
12/12.

Thought that streak was going to die a fiery death today after a sluggish Run 1 for me, but apparently I must have passed some peeps on the bike, or they dropped out, I dunno.

MEGA PROPS TO Tom Ganz and the whole race crew , volunteers , Preserve personnel, etc for pulling off yet another AMAZING EVENT.

Always psyched to see old friends and meet new ones at this event - itโ€™s just the best way to spend a Sunday in May that has ever been invented.

I need a shower. Badly.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
krol wrote:
Wow - no stein for ML? Me thinks that may have never happened (other than the inaugural, when he didn't race).

Miss the atmosphere out there. Was originally hoping to make it out to help Tom G with race day stuff, but a change in work travel schedule necessitated my absence.

For those newbies out there today, congratulations on finding a new definition of pain and suffering. Too bad you aren't getting the good stuff (Zofingen-style weather). ๐Ÿ˜‚

Krol - YOU of all people should know that Iโ€™m an OG - I finished 4th OA LC in Year One.
And WON (some of) TETSUONIโ€™S MONEY.

Some young punk named Jordan Rapp won that year, but heโ€™s been too asceered to ever come back.
Rappstar - show us where the bad man hurt you. ๐Ÿคช

We need you and your lovely ladies to come back out again next year!!
Just ainโ€™t the same without any other OGโ€™s in the hizzouse. ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good job Murphy's!

And good job to everyone who raced. It must have got hot out there!

Just checking the results a few times today has me fired up for a comeback next year.

Can't believe I'm 69 already!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, that was completely stupid exhausing fun. Stafford and you cleaned my clock with local knowledge. Thanks to the gremlins who marked the numerous potholes and Tom, his wife, the scorekeepers, all the volunteers and Murphy'sLaw (who I can now confirm is a real person). Will be faster next year with lessons learned today.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2019 [TBV Runner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Such a great time today!!

(Even when it wasnโ€™t)

Terrific racing at all 3 distances, AmZof regulars and noobs alike all out having fun, and then kicking back with some BIG HONKIN STEINS afterwards!!

So great to see some of the โ€˜oldโ€™ faces, and meet a bunch of new ones.
I think weโ€™ve got a bunch more members of the hardcore AmZof tribe hooked after today.

Thx so much to Tom and the whole RD crew, all the amazing volunteers, and the Mohonk Preserve for making this ridiculously awesome event go off again!!

Multisport just doesnโ€™t get any better than this.

Iโ€™m thrilled to notch my 12th finish, an even 4 each at all 3 distances now.
Gonna hafta figger out which one to do next year to break the tie, for Lucky #13!

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Murphy's Law is crafty...crafty people know that 4th place automatically wins their AG and gets the same size stein as 1st place...2nd and 3rd place OA get smaller steins. Once he saw he wasn't going to win, he probably slowed down so he could finish 4th to make sure he got another Big Honkin Stein.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ML - How did I not know you were an OG'er? I think I was confusing you with another Michael (Halstead?).
That 2005 race was about as epic as there have ever been - when 41% of the field DNFs, including legends like Jeffrey Timm, and 3rd OA uses the RD's kid's winter gloves because he was woefully under-dressed (du tank & shorts in 40F and piss rain? only the Germans can get away with that).

I'd like to think that I'd get back to at least do CWD one of these years, but man does 25 years of obliterating my body catch up. If nothing else, I'm a pack mule for the RD. And bring back some decent weather. LOL
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Krol, after a good run with my bionic hips and then a couple of years away, I'm coming back next year for CDW at 70. Come and join the OG CREW. We need you!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My question about bike mechanical workings could be better placed elsewhere, but placing it here let's me have some whine with my LC bike leg DNF.

My bike was recently built up w/ di2 - you may have seen the taped wiring monstrocity in transition resulting from the A jn not fitting inside my stem cavity. The bike shifted fine on my trainer at home and the gears held on my hilly rides w/ some standing climbs ~10 d prior to race day. I pulled the bike off the trainer, swapped out the training skewer, put the bike on top of my car, racked it race morning, and had no use of the lowest 2-4 rings of the cassette. Those gears slipped so badly the chain slipped right out of them under even under easy load.

So my question is: what gives? The chain and cassette are still paired as they were on the mechanical build. Could the single new chain-joining link cause that? Or maybe bumping of the A jn button leading to some miss programming?

I tried reseating the rear wheel a couple of times, but it didn't help much.

Could my whole cassette be loose? Maybe I bumped the derailleur?

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2019 [Tsunami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ML - great to see you at AmZof. Excited for Epic Man/ day.

You mentioned the registration link for 2020. Can you share?

I'm in.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2019 [dosbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dosbo wrote:
ML - great to see you at AmZof. Excited for Epic Man/ day.

You mentioned the registration link for 2020. Can you share?

I'm in.

2020 registration link.

https://runsignup.com/...ZofingenDuathlon2020

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply

Prev Next