Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: AP BREAKING: Cyclist Lance Armstrong agrees to $5 million settlement of government lawsuit that could have sought $100 million. [Twotter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well good for him, hope someone is buying his weed capsules. I was looking at his website and scrolling down and saw the " Not WADA Unapproved". Is it just me, or was someone hitting the gel tabs a little hard before writing that? (-;
Quote Reply
Re: AP BREAKING: Cyclist Lance Armstrong agrees to $5 million settlement of government lawsuit that could have sought $100 million. [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It used to say wada approved but he got a cease and disist order from wada so guess he changed it to that.

Only reason I know this is because he posted about it on Instagram.
Quote Reply
Re: AP BREAKING: Cyclist Lance Armstrong agrees to $5 million settlement of government lawsuit that could have sought $100 million. [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It used to say wada approved but he got a cease and disist order from wada so guess he changed it to that. //

But what the hell does"Not wada unapproved" mean?? Do you have to be high to figure it out??
Quote Reply
Re: AP BREAKING: Cyclist Lance Armstrong agrees to $5 million settlement of government lawsuit that could have sought $100 million. [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s the opposite of the opposite of wada approved
Quote Reply
Re: AP BREAKING: Cyclist Lance Armstrong agrees to $5 million settlement of government lawsuit that could have sought $100 million. [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Landis gets something but he won't be independently wealthy.

I'm pretty sure his payout is taxable and, according to what I read today, he has to pay $400,000 in restitution as part of the resolution of proceedings from his fund raising fraud. So, he is not actually going to pocket all that much by the time the dust settles (Floyd is only getting $1.1M of the $5M) . My guess is Floyd checked out a while ago and had a number in mind that would net him zero when all was said and done and what finally happened is the judge ordered a mediation and the mediator beat up on Lance (and the government) to get them to take the deal Floyd was offering. If the mediation lasted all day, they probably spent most of the day fighting over the amount of Floyd's attorney fees Lance is paying.
Last edited by: STP: Apr 20, 18 12:02
Quote Reply
Re: AP BREAKING: Cyclist Lance Armstrong agrees to $5 million settlement of government lawsuit that could have sought $100 million. [bretzky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bretzky wrote:
Raised $800 million for cancer research. What a monster.

They didn't raise ANY money for Cancer Research.

Livestrong raised money for "Cancer Awareness" Which is fairly vague at best. And certainly didn't try and find a cure for any form of Cancer
Quote Reply
Re: AP BREAKING: Cyclist Lance Armstrong agrees to $5 million settlement of government lawsuit that could have sought $100 million. [Race1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While he may not have found a "cure" for cancers, to even try and mention his cancer research/foundation is anything but outstanding is pretty shallow in my opinion.

He's visited/supported/help many people fighting cancer. He may be a scumbag racer, but the cancer foundation stuff imo is not in bounds there.

ETA: There is more to fighting cancer than just "research". Lance wanted to be more outreach, etc., considering he understood from direct experience how helpful that could be. Actually helping those who are fighting cancer, going to hospitals and sitting with someone dying of cancer, putting on benefits, etc. So debating what his foundation did or didn't do within cancer realm is pretty petty.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Last edited by: B_Doughtie: Apr 20, 18 13:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Talansky is using his stuff.............He promotes it quite a bit on his Instagram.

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Re: AP BREAKING: Cyclist Lance Armstrong agrees to $5 million settlement of government lawsuit that could have sought $100 million. [danstark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello danstark and All,

Teammates ..... Where are they now?

http://www.businessinsider.com/where-are-they-now-lance-armstrong-tour-de-france-teammates-2015-6?utm_source=hearst&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=allverticals

Armstrong in a 2015 interview with the BBC: "If you take me back to 1995, when doping was completely pervasive, I would probably do it again." BBC

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Last edited by: nealhe: Apr 20, 18 15:05
Quote Reply
Re: AP BREAKING: Cyclist Lance Armstrong agrees to $5 million settlement of government lawsuit that could have sought $100 million. [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
While he may not have found a "cure" for cancers, to even try and mention his cancer research/foundation is anything but outstanding is pretty shallow in my opinion.

So debating what his foundation did or didn't do within cancer realm is pretty petty.

Facts aren't "petty".

It wasn't and isn't cancer research. That's a huge misconception and it seems to be peddled that way.
Quote Reply
Re: AP BREAKING: Cyclist Lance Armstrong agrees to $5 million settlement of government lawsuit that could have sought $100 million. [Race1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Livestrong raised money for "Cancer Awareness" Which is fairly vague at best. And certainly didn't try and find a cure for any form of Cancer
Actually I believe they did help find a cure, for you the cancer patient. One of their missions as I recall, was to sort through all the possible treatments, hospitals, doctors, etc, for the individual to make their best choice. I know if and when I get cancer, my first call is going to be to Lance, and see if he still has any connections with folks that provide that service. Like he did, I would want my best chance at a cure, survival, or just prolonging my life if it were of some quality still.
Tons of people, organizations, governments, etc. all looking for cures, what I would want is the latest info on how they are all doing, as it related to my particular cancer. That would help me find my cure, and at that moment would be the most important thing to me, not how cures around the rest of the cancer world are doing, and if they are well funded or not...
Quote Reply
Re: AP BREAKING: Cyclist Lance Armstrong agrees to $5 million settlement of government lawsuit that could have sought $100 million. [rubik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only a bunch of people on ST would bitch about $800million being raised for cancer and how it's categorized. That in itself is so ST. You guys really nailed it there squabbling over research vs outreach vs "curing" cancer.

Seriously you're arguing over whether it's research or outreach/patient care and how they peddle it? Who gives a fuck, the foundation did a whole hell of a lot of good in the fight versus cancer, much more than I bet all us knuckleheads on ST have done.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Last edited by: B_Doughtie: Apr 20, 18 15:25
Quote Reply
Re: AP BREAKING: Cyclist Lance Armstrong agrees to $5 million settlement of government lawsuit that could have sought $100 million. [rubik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who's peddling it? People who don't actually care what it truly is and simply lump it into "cancer research" when discussing the foundation because in the grand scheme of things does it really matter? Does it really matter if they are outreach or research? They've raised a ton of money and helped a ton of people. You guys are petty as fuck arguing that it is or isnt cancer research and that it is somehow devalued if it's not "research".

But for facts, here what they say from their own website:

Our Mission
We improve the lives of people affected by cancer, now.
At LIVESTRONG, we fight for the more than 32.6 million people around the world affected by cancer now. We provide direct services, we connect people and communities with the services they need, and we call for state, national and world leaders to help fight this disease. This is LIVESTRONG.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: AP BREAKING: Cyclist Lance Armstrong agrees to $5 million settlement of government lawsuit that could have sought $100 million. [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:

He's visited/supported/help many people fighting cancer. He may be a scumbag racer, but the cancer foundation stuff imo is not in bounds there.

ETA: There is more to fighting cancer than just "research". Lance wanted to be more outreach, etc., considering he understood from direct experience how helpful that could be. Actually helping those who are fighting cancer, going to hospitals and sitting with someone dying of cancer, putting on benefits, etc. So debating what his foundation did or didn't do within cancer realm is pretty petty.

This. His foundation never was about research, but supporting the victims and their families. They provided journals advice and resources free of charge to many. My mother's breast cancer group from those days was helped immensely by his foundation. He put the support where no one was giving it at the time, and it was a blessing to many going through that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
Only a bunch of people on ST would bitch about $800million being raised for cancer and how it's categorized. That in itself is so ST. You guys really nailed it there squabbling over research vs outreach vs "curing" cancer.

Seriously you're arguing over whether it's research or outreach/patient care and how they peddle it? Who gives a fuck, the foundation did a whole hell of a lot of good in the fight versus cancer, much more than I bet all us knuckleheads on ST have done.

You're the one arguing. It's not cancer research. That's from their mouths and is a fact in the discussion.

Not sure why you're so up in arms about it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
Who's peddling it? People who don't actually care what it truly is and simply lump it into "cancer research" when discussing the foundation because in the grand scheme of things does it really matter? Does it really matter if they are outreach or research? They've raised a ton of money and helped a ton of people. You guys are petty as fuck arguing that it is or isnt cancer research and that it is somehow devalued if it's not "research".

So now you're simply regressing to name-calling.

Quite the rebuttal.
Last edited by: rubik: Apr 20, 18 18:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tell me again what's the point of correcting whether Livestrong is *only* an "cancer awareness" foundation versus a "cancer research" foundation?

ETA: It's irrelevant. Which is why I said it's petty to say it's X instead of Y when it's raised what $800mil and helped apparently over 2.5 million people in the cancer fight. So to then call into the fact some "vagueness" of it only being an awareness foundation doesn't make much sense. I bet a ton of people have thoughts like monty..."1st person i'd call if i got cancer would be lance" (see the other poster who showed what they did to help his family's situation).

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Last edited by: B_Doughtie: Apr 20, 18 19:06
Quote Reply
Re: AP BREAKING: Cyclist Lance Armstrong agrees to $5 million settlement of government lawsuit that could have sought $100 million. [Twotter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Twotter wrote:
B_Doughtie wrote:
So lawyers.....$5mil settlement......who "won" this?

We all do in the sense that we hopefully never have to hear Betsy's constant bitching, whining, and spotlight seeking ever again.

God I hope so. She is the absolute worst.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Race1 wrote:
bretzky wrote:
Raised $800 million for cancer research. What a monster.

They didn't raise ANY money for Cancer Research.

Its naive to think that Livestrong didn't directly or indirectly have an impact on cancer research. It did and it does. Not to mention the positive impact it has on those with cancer or those who have close friends and family with the disease. Even if you've decided that this one guy is your scapegoat for something everyone did and probably still does, his work with cancer isn't to be questioned.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
Tell me again what's the point of correcting whether Livestrong is *only* an "cancer awareness" foundation versus a "cancer research" foundation?

Factual accuracy.
Quote Reply
Re: AP BREAKING: Cyclist Lance Armstrong agrees to $5 million settlement of government lawsuit that could have sought $100 million. [Hammer Down] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hammer Down wrote:
his work with cancer isn't to be questioned.

Everything is opened to questioning. Which is why he stepped down in the first place.

Another question would be what gave him cancer in the first place. Dr. Ferrarri seemed to have an idea.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rubik wrote:
B_Doughtie wrote:

Factual accuracy.

And the factual accuracy of who was "peddling" that? You never answered that question. If you want to discredit the foundation or think it's something that it really isn't, fair enough. I think most other people can come to a logical, factual accurate conclusion that Livestrong has done one hell of a postive thing in the battle with cancer, whathever their designation is. And that trying to discredit or question Livestrong is a pretty shallow point of view. ETA: So good luck with it.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Last edited by: B_Doughtie: Apr 21, 18 9:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
rubik wrote:
B_Doughtie wrote:

Factual accuracy.

And the factual accuracy of who was "peddling" that? You never answered that question. If you want to discredit the foundation or think it's something that it really isn't, fair enough. I think most other people can come to a logical, factual accurate conclusion that Livestrong has done one hell of a postive thing in the battle with cancer, whathever their designation is. And that trying to discredit or question Livestrong is a pretty shallow point of view.

You're getting caught up in your own imagined argument at this point.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree- outstanding work through Livestrong.
He spoke to a packed auditorium the night before his penultimate tri , a Rev 3 Ullman cancer foundation fund-raiser, the Half-Full ,in Oct 2012 ( he did Superfrog later that month). USAT non-sanctioned . He described his fear and anger at his incredible initial diagnosis, feeling alone , and searching for answers in his local library. Out of that came the Navigator programme to help those with cancer find support and treatment.
Nice YouTube of him , with his kids.

Quote Reply
Re: AP BREAKING: Cyclist Lance Armstrong agrees to $5 million settlement of government lawsuit that could have sought $100 million. [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
refthimos wrote:
Isn't the real story here that Floyd Landis just made a million bucks?

But he doped too, Got caught and still made this money? Any money he made in cycling was from Lance so he should donate it to demonstrate he wasn't just suing for the money.
Fuck Floyd.Hypocrite...
Quote Reply

Prev Next