Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: AG Nationals Milwaukee [sp1ke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sp1ke wrote:
I qualified for AG Nationals but I decided not to sign up this year. I would still like to race next year so when can I race to qualify for 2014? Is it only after Jan 1st or any time after Aug 11 this year?

Thanks!

This years rules are:

"Athletes can meet qualification at any USAT sanctioned event beginning on July 18, 2012 and ending eight (8) days prior to the 2013 Olympic Distance National Championship event date (TBD). All athletes must be at least 17 years old by December 31, 2013."

Assuming next year will be similar.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Nationals Milwaukee [Dave Luscan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dave Luscan wrote:
stevej wrote:
So anyone want to guess who's going to contend for the overall title?

A bunch of sandbaggers who should be racing pro?

What's funny about that is I was looking through the digital program last night, and most of the recent winners have gone on to be pretty successful, like Maloy, VanOrt, and Collins all within the last few years.
I think there's a large bunch of what you're describing, but there are always a few who seem to come somewhat out of nowhere. Maybe it's not their first time qualifying for a pro card, but it's not like they've been sitting on one for 4-5 years like *some* people
ETA: I'm not at all saying that's what the athletes I named were doing. I think most of them were fairly new to the sport at the time, but it illustrates the point that the winner of AG Nats can usually/probably do quite well for him/herself in the pro ranks. Sometimes that's because they're ungodly talented, sometimes because they should've been racing pro for years, sometimes maybe both.

IG: idking90
Last edited by: iank: Aug 6, 13 8:33
Quote Reply
Re: AG Nationals Milwaukee [iank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Snap.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Nationals Milwaukee [Dave Luscan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you and I are going to get along quite well, roomie!

PS, got the room adjusted, so you'll have your own bed to sleep in!

----
@adamwfurlong
Quote Reply
Re: AG Nationals Milwaukee [afurlong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Appreciate. I am just putting my travel logistics together and intend to give you a call before arriving at your door. Hopefully before dark on thursday.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Nationals Milwaukee [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is Duffy on the start list? That is who I will put my money on...........

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Re: AG Nationals Milwaukee [afbadbrad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I said the same thing, but he's not on the start list.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: AG Nationals Milwaukee [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well guess it is a crap shoot then. Only 3 of the top 10 from St Anthonys will be there and 2 of the top 5 from CapTex will be there. Should be interesting to see how things play out.

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mike and I are keeping an eye on some Brad guy!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy indicated to me that the top 7 (I think he said 7) from last year aren't racing.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Nationals Milwaukee [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My pick is Colin Riley. He's had a great season so far. He has improved leaps and bounds over the past two years.

Bruce Gennari
Quote Reply
Re: AG Nationals Milwaukee [iGadget] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What his last name I better watch out for him ;)

-Brad Williams
Quote Reply
Re: AG Nationals Milwaukee [BGennari] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How has he been racing since St A's? I have heard the name, he is suppose to be guiding Aaron Scheidies at Worlds.

-Brad Williams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck out there! Are you racing HyVee, too?

Is Adam Webber racing this weekend? He'd be on my list for a podium spot.

speedySTATES
Quote Reply
Re: AG Nationals Milwaukee [fartleker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Randy. No Hyvee for me, focusing on Vegas. I did not see Adam on the start list, one of the first names I looked for along with Duffy. I even looked and made sure you didn't pull a quick one and get in at the last minute, even though you had said at CapTex you weren't racing. When are you taking your pro card?

-Brad Williams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haha, no Nationals for me, just Hy-vee. I'll be taking the card after Hy-vee or at the very start of next season. Yourself?

speedySTATES
Quote Reply
Re: AG Nationals Milwaukee [fartleker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No set date, need to figure out when and if I am getting out of the military and still need to finish my degree. The full time work, full time student, and part time triathlete thing starts to take its beating after a while ;) Good luck at Hyvee!

-Brad Williams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well if you wait much longer we'll all be calling you a sandbagger. :)

speedySTATES
Quote Reply
Re: AG Nationals Milwaukee [Japryse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just found out I was in a couple of days ago and I'm finally able to go this year. Does anyone know the water temperature? Am I going to go hypothermic without a wetsuit?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: AG Nationals Milwaukee [manofbread] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
manofbread wrote:
Just found out I was in a couple of days ago and I'm finally able to go this year. Does anyone know the water temperature? Am I going to go hypothermic without a wetsuit?

Thanks!

Water temp on 7/22 was like 74 degrees. Probably will be about that this weekend.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: AG Nationals Milwaukee [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
74? Great, thank you! I was worried it was going to be much cooler than that. Hopefully I can hack it w/o a suit.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Nationals Milwaukee [manofbread] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like I was spot on with my prediction that Colin Riley would win USAT National Championships.

Way to go! Well deserved!

Bruce Gennari
Quote Reply
Re: AG Nationals Milwaukee [BGennari] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Colin had a great race! Very impressive. Most interesting part was how much he has improved on the bike since St Anthonys. I out split him there by 1:30, and he out rode me by 40secs, so 2:10 in 4 months is pretty impressive. Looking forward to seeing what he does in the future.

-Brad Williams
Quote Reply

Prev Next