Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: AG Nationals Milwaukee [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Anyone else noticed the schedule of the swim waves? First wave off at 7:30... last wave off at 10:12!! Are you freaking kidding me?!

http://www.usatriathlon.org/...onship/schedule.aspx

Yeah....August and 10:30 do not make me feel good about this. The congestion aside, that is going to make for some crazy differences in overall times. I would much rather run @ 9am than 12 noon. Ugh.....smh.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Nationals Milwaukee [joebednar4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
joebednar4 wrote:
stevej wrote:
Anyone else noticed the schedule of the swim waves? First wave off at 7:30... last wave off at 10:12!! Are you freaking kidding me?!

Yeah....August and 10:30 do not make me feel good about this. The congestion aside, that is going to make for some crazy differences in overall times. I would much rather run @ 9am than 12 noon. Ugh.....smh.

Your age group will go off together. What does it matter if there are differences in overall finish times between the age groups?

The run is on the shores of Lake Michigan. Ever heard of the phrase "cooler by the lake"

Just show up and race your heart out. It's all good....

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Re: AG Nationals Milwaukee [Anton84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anton84 wrote:
So what time should folks shoot for, if they are trying to qualify for worlds in 25-29 or 30-34 AG?

To quote StringCheese:

Just show up and race your heart out. It's all good....

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Nationals Milwaukee [stringcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not between AG's but between athletes overall. I'd love to say it's all in the training, but running in the cooler times is easier than running when it's blazing out. I plan on racing my heart out!!
Quote Reply
Re: AG Nationals Milwaukee [Anton84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anton84 wrote:
So what time should folks shoot for, if they are trying to qualify for worlds in 25-29 or 30-34 AG?

You need top 20 or so...last year that meant 2:06 or better in 20-24 and 2:08 or better in 30-34. The course was a little slower last year, so you might need a minute or 2 better in Milwaukee.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Nationals Milwaukee [Puppet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HAHAHA just as I thought USAT can't get any more disorganized. :D They have me listed under Athena and Clydesdale division.

Scroll to near the bottom for 'participant lists':

http://www.usatriathlon.org/...al-championship.aspx

Do I need to do anything to fix this? Or is this just a web glitch?
Quote Reply
Re: AG Nationals Milwaukee [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any chance this would be a non-wetsuit swim?

Also, do you have a guest bedroom? (just kidding)
Quote Reply
Re: AG Nationals Milwaukee [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eganski wrote:
Any chance this would be a non-wetsuit swim?

Also, do you have a guest bedroom? (just kidding)

Not a chance of being non-wetsuit.

----------------------------------------------------------------
my strava
Quote Reply
Re: AG Nationals Milwaukee [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It will definitely be wetsuit legal, Lake Michigan is really chilly.

I only have a two bedroom, but I've got a futon in the basement and a couch.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Nationals Milwaukee [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought about doing this race since it's only 5-1/2 hours away. But I have a 70.3 the following weekend. I assume it would be suicide to have my "A" race I've trained all season for 1 week after trying to turn a fast Oly time. But I would be fun to participate and race against some of the fastest in my AG. Looks like a great, flat, midwest themed course.

Anyone think you can fully recover form an olympic is 8 days and do a 70.3? or would I have to cruise the run a give up on any kind of PR? It that's the case is it worth $155 to do that?

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: AG Nationals Milwaukee [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The olympic race is sold out....but they have a waitlist. I've done a sprint the weekend before both of my HIM races so far this season and that was fine. Olympic the week before would be too much for me....but I'm an old man.

Randy
http://www.gulfcoasttriteam.com
Quote Reply
Re: AG Nationals Milwaukee [slornow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I almost think a sprint might be worse, since they are so fast. I'm not driving almost 6 hours for a sprint.

I'm at least doing Hyvee in Des Moines this year, so that should be a good event with a lot of competition. I usually avoid larger events, but I'm warming up to them. I might have to do one of the major events in a warm place in early Spring. next year. Like San Diego, Texas or Florida.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: AG Nationals Milwaukee [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
will they post which wave you are in?

When will I know?
Quote Reply
Re: AG Nationals Milwaukee [mdiet22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anyone???
Quote Reply
Re: AG Nationals Milwaukee [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With the bridge & potential winds, are people planning to use a disc?
Quote Reply
Re: AG Nationals Milwaukee [mdiet22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mdiet22 wrote:
will they post which wave you are in?

When will I know?

Waves are by AG.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Nationals Milwaukee [IronDoc947] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IronDoc947 wrote:

Hed H3 front and rear for me.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IronDoc947 wrote:

Weather has been goofy. About 75 inland and 70 near the Lake today with rain. Tomorrow's high is 65. Cold front moved in, which is causing a bit of wind, but, not bad. It will start warming up again next week.

Most likely, the wind over the bridge and along the Lake will be a cross-wind. On a normal day, it will be a pain, but, not insurmountable. Keep your eye on the weather forecast. Also keep in mind that the bridge is really the only elevation, so, you have a mostly flat and fast course.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't been able to get my disc cover installed in my frame due to rub, but hell yes.

My 125 pound wife will be riding her's.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can't believe I'm the first to say this but….always ride the disc! I will be riding a wheel cover and S80 front.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stringcheese wrote:
Your age group will go off together. What does it matter if there are differences in overall finish times between the age groups?

It makes a big difference when there are also awards for the Overall, Masters and Grand Masters. For example the 45-49 guys are racing over 2.5 hours after the 40-44 guys, so are likely to be running and possibly riding in more hostile conditions while competing for the Masters award. You can't please everyone, however you order the waves, but I feel that a better job could have been done here.
Having done this race each of the last 7 years I must say that USAT make it an excellent event. However in this case, with the wide distribution of wave times, I think it would have behooved them to simply order a dozen more barriers and have a split transition, the second half closing say 1:15 later, so that folk don't have to exit transition 2:42 before their wave starts. This would be a big convenience to 1000 people, and would also ease the site congestion at 6:30 to 7:30am.
Aside from getting up at the crack of dawn for a 10am start a mile from my hotel, I'm looking forward to this event, bringing my bomb-proof 21 year old Hed3s (nothing fits into a bike bag more easily) and hoping the crosswinds on the bridge behave.
Also - thanks to JSA for the course insight.
Doug
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stringcheese wrote:

I certainly can't help but be a little disappointed to be in the last start at 10:12am... Overall rankings certainly count to me and I can guarantee you I can't perform the same at 85 degrees as 60....

Guess I better start doing my runs at midday and not 6 o'clock...and hope for a massive cold front!
Quote Reply
Re: AG Nationals Milwaukee [JTolandTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea I'm a little bummed too...I could have sworn that there was a claim somewhere that they gradually rotate the AGs through when they start, but we've been second to last, last, and last now. I know it's probably the fastest or second fastest AGs so we still won't be the last ones out on course, but it's kind of annoying

IG: idking90
Quote Reply
Re: AG Nationals Milwaukee [iank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First year going so I am not getting the repetitive disappointment, but certainly a little worried about the possibility of a very crowed bike course. Although sling shot-ing is fast, at some point the speed differential becomes too great and you are pretty much just in a constant passing mode.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Nationals Milwaukee [JTolandTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not that bad, most likely. USAT does do a good job of spacing out the waves, so it's not just 3 or 5 minutes wave after wave after wave. There are some 20 minute gaps; we have 10 to the wave in front of us.
From what I remember starting in the back in Burlington , it can be a little dicey for maybe the first mile as people are putting on shoes and finding a rhythm, but after that you should be ok. You will constantly be passing people though. Milwaukee may be a *little* worse because Burlington had a few little elevation changes in the first 5 miles to break things up more, but I don't think it'll be too terrible. Just don't ride super head down and it should be all right. There are motos everywhere so I don't think packs will be too big an issue, or at least I hope not.

IG: idking90
Quote Reply

Prev Next