Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 3T DIFFLOCK MECHANISM WITH ROUND RAILS FELT IA [scattergold] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Had the same problem yesterday. Fortunatelly could temporally thread an M5 spring insert and got some miles left until I can find a replacement or some alternative solution. Trying to solve this ;

1- order original replacement part from 3TSKU: 30049
2-order oval rail replacement from 3T 30050 and use my actual round rails caps
3- drill though the whole piece and use M4/M5 bolt and barrell bolt or reduced quickrelease

any other practical thoughts?

Last edited by: eki1080: Apr 25, 22 9:26
Quote Reply
Re: 3T DIFFLOCK MECHANISM WITH ROUND RAILS FELT IA [eki1080] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not clear to me what problem you're trying to solve. If your original 3T seatpost clamp broke or the threads on the bolts stripped, just replace it with new. However, don't torque the bolts in the round rail unit to 7nm (which is probably what's stamped on it). My experience is it may strip the threads, which was the problem I had. When I replaced I only torqued to 5nm, which is the spec on the oval rail unit. Been good for 3 years with no more issues.
Quote Reply
Re: 3T DIFFLOCK MECHANISM WITH ROUND RAILS FELT IA [IM_Rick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Rick,
yes, that´s what happened, this is the second kit one of the threads stripped. I live in argentina and getting this spare part home is quite expensive (U$D 170).
Thinking this mechanism works by pressing the round rail with the caps I might replace the two bolts for a passing throught bolt and nut.

3T difflock with round rails U$D65
Shipping to ARG tax excl. U$D65
Customs Import/Tax U$D40
TOTAL U$D170
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
eki1080 wrote:
Hello Rick,
yes, that´s what happened, this is the second kit one of the threads stripped. I live in argentina and getting this spare part home is quite expensive (U$D 170).
Thinking this mechanism works by pressing the round rail with the caps I might replace the two bolts for a passing throught bolt and nut.

3T difflock with round rails U$D65
Shipping to ARG tax excl. U$D65
Customs Import/Tax U$D40
TOTAL U$D170

What if you just buy an used 3T seatpost? I harvested the one on mine (previous one had a striped bolt) from an used seatpost bought for $40 ish.

I'd imagine there's someone in Argentina looking to offload a 3T post?

If you want to buy a brand new mechanism, I'd think that purchasing from Europe would be the way to go? At least you'd pay less for shipping (~$25 as opposed to $65).
Quote Reply
Re: 3T DIFFLOCK MECHANISM WITH ROUND RAILS FELT IA [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks echappist,

I don´t expect lot´s of Felt IA used seatpost arround, and probably difflock thread won´t be at it´s best shape.

you are right about shipping from europe, it´s 20 EUR vs 65 USD but saddly 3T official european webstore does not ship to argentina.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
eki1080 wrote:
Thanks echappist,

I don´t expect lot´s of Felt IA used seatpost arround, and probably difflock thread won´t be at it´s best shape.

you are right about shipping from europe, it´s 20 EUR vs 65 USD but saddly 3T official european webstore does not ship to argentina.

You don't need a Felt IA seatpost, because the part in question is interchangeable.

For instance, I have a Felt AR road bike with a proprietary Felt seatpost that uses Difflock.

Barely two months into ownership, I stripped one of the Difflock bolts while doing some minor fit adjustments.

I bought a used 3T Ionic seatpost for ~$40. Cheaper than the $70 or so for buying just the difflock mechanism.

So see if anyone is selling Ionic seatposts, as that seatpost also uses the Difflock mechanism.
Quote Reply
Re: 3T DIFFLOCK MECHANISM WITH ROUND RAILS FELT IA [IM_Rick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw falt has anounced official launch of the IA 2.0, the image and GTN´s video show a new seatclamp, I will wait and see if it´s compatible to the actual seatpost.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cc0h_HpM5qw/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=28&v=hyTqXXK_-kc&feature=emb_logo

Quote Reply

Prev Next