Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2016 Specialized Venge? [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My local Spesh store had a 54cm in for me to have a look at. The price is astronomical! Those wheel are WIDE. But it looks the biz. However, for much less cash you could build up a S5 with the new TriRig Sigma X/Omega X combo and set of HED Jet 9s. There would be very little in it, and you would certainly have a bike that was easier to live with. Add SRAM wireless and a 1X setup and there would be very little daylight between them.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Specialized Venge? [alexZA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess I am not seeing crazy price differences. The Pro model Venge with DA11 is 8 and change and the DA11 S5 is 8,000$. Both the Pro model and S-Works are the same grade of carbon fiber, so I can't image huge differences in the frame. The Pro level wheels get some cheaper hubs and spokes, but you still get the new rims. I also don't think a TriRig Omega is going to get the S5's drag down to the level of the Venge and while they are nice brakes I would probably prefer the Venge brakes.

The price of the new Madone is also similar to both S5 and Venge.

Ya you pay an extra 2,500 for the S-Works and Madone with Di2 but all-in-all the Venge lineup is not much crazier in price (though all these bike are super expensive and out of my current budget).
Last edited by: grumpier.mike: Aug 26, 15 6:16
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Specialized Venge? [chrisyu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chrisyu wrote:
Clip-ons are the priority since we want to support our ITU triathletes. Taking feedback on desire for full aerobar as well.

Thanks Chris. Just as some feedback from the road trenches, the idea to roll with 1 bike to stage races is very appealing to a lot of athletes I work with, myself included (pre-ordered the ViAS module ...)

These athletes may race a handful of TTs a year, and the ability to easily add clip-ons to convert the ViAS to a TT rig would make the purchase a lot more reasonable to those on the fence. Dual purpose machine.

Oh and please don't forget about us SRM PowerControl users ;) .... ViAS SRM bar mount is a must-have.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Specialized Venge? [gtingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gtingley wrote:

Oh and please don't forget about us SRM PowerControl users ;) .... ViAS SRM bar mount is a must-have.

i made one... :)

Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Specialized Venge? [tetonrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gotta get those specs from you!

Killing me. Waiting on my ViAS and my PC8.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How is the availability of the flat on rise bar as I'm going to need one too?

Do they just let you choose which bar you need when you order the bike?
Last edited by: Cajer: Aug 26, 15 15:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tetonrider wrote:
gtingley wrote:

i made one... :)

Any better pics of the full bike?
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Specialized Venge? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not mine, but the Venge ViAS looks horrible with spacers. Really needs to be slammed.

Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Specialized Venge? [burninglegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burninglegs wrote:
Not mine, but the Venge ViAS looks horrible with spacers. Really needs to be slammed.

Nice pedals and pie plate, though......

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Specialized Venge? [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does add character, doesn't it. Fred level maxed out.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Specialized Venge? [burninglegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only 1 bottle cage since you need to ride a Tarmac for the first 95% of any ride before switching over.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cav, maybe it's time to embrace the new Venge ViAS

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alexZA wrote:
Cav, maybe it's time to embrace the new Venge ViAS

They must really not like the bike. Sagan is not riding it either, i follow him on twitter and he posts daily training pictures, never seen him on the new Venge. Really nobody on EQS or TS is riding the bike in the training pictures i see, this is either a huge distribution error or something sucks.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Specialized Venge? [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, don't know. How bad could the brakes be? I just reckon they are a superstitious bunch, and Cav/Sagan are big enough to tell Spesh to GTFO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its just because they are ugly ;)

Not sure, Trek are always on the new madone, there is probably a reason for it
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Specialized Venge? [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i would ride the shit out of that new Venge.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't say no, but I would prefer the trek
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alexZA wrote:
Yeah, don't know. How bad could the brakes be? I just reckon they are a superstitious bunch, and Cav/Sagan are big enough to tell Spesh to GTFO.

Cav, sure he is kind of anal about his equipment. I remember it was the 2013 TDF i think were he rode his bike around for 2 hours just making sure it was ok before the final stage, literally measuring everything dozens of times etc. So the bike gets a pass with Cav. But when you have Sagan as well as entire teams avoiding the bike it raises eyebrows. I am guessing it is a combination of difficult wheel changes/wrenching combined with potentially problematic braking. Could be getting their fit nailed down as well, with the integraded handlebar/stem you have to get a custom setup for a 140mm stem like Sagan uses (or at least has used in the past) and the only option was sizing up in the frame, which they did not want to do as that changes bike handling.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Specialized Venge? [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I spotted Vincent Luis on a new Venge yesterday at Edmonton, while Javier Gomez rode with the old model.

Sr. Salitre
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Specialized Venge? [FranR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Luis with the colored version of the bike which looks nice!

Last edited by: mile2424: Sep 8, 15 23:57
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Specialized Venge? [mile2424] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, only Vincent Luis did use the venge yesterday.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Specialized Venge? [alex_emetique] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alex_emetique wrote:
No, only Vincent Luis did use the venge yesterday.

Is it just me or does he look too big for that frame?

Last edited by: mile2424: Sep 8, 15 16:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He got the bike, maybe four days before Edmonton.
He took some picture for us, I know that he haves a pretty long stem on it. I think, he likes it that way.

http://www.trimes.org/...ias-de-vincent-luis/
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Specialized Venge? [alex_emetique] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alex_emetique wrote:
He got the bike, maybe four days before Edmonton.
He took some picture for us, I know that he haves a pretty long stem on it. I think, he likes it that way.

http://www.trimes.org/...ias-de-vincent-luis/

Ah my mistake. Thanks for the link and the build pics. Looks great!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess no one had tri-bars on due to the weather conditions in Edmonton, what bike will Luis use she the weather is not terrible?
Quote Reply

Prev Next