Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100 Runs in 100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2010-Mar 24 2011: Rules, Motivation, Smacktalk, all in this thread [Chris G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3.6W per kg today. It did not feel too hard, so I think my body is coming around after a fairly drawn out race season. Tomorrow I'm taking my son and his buddy for an XC ski outing (probably do around 20K)....so if I get a run in before leaving, it will be case of pure spreadsheet chasing as I'm actually a bit behind my target "pace" of 50K per week.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs in 100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2010-Mar 24 2011: Rules, Motivation, Smacktalk, all in this thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Kus, did you start the 24 hours of 1 hour runs separated by 1 hour of running yet? Did you shower in between in the millisecond gap?

Dev, that is genius! 12 runs in 24 hours, separated by 60 min of sleep/ shower... and get the "stupid" challenge done in about 8 days.

this will be my first day of double running though, and it's raining in SoCal... why?
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs in 100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2010-Mar 24 2011: Rules, Motivation, Smacktalk, all in this thread [kus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
and it's raining in SoCal... why?

Because the Gods are angery

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs in 100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2010-Mar 24 2011: Rules, Motivation, Smacktalk, all in this thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn. I'd planned on playing this year but I'm fighting off some plantar faciitis and so far I'm doing great and don't want to fuck it up. Upping my running for a random goal probably isn't the way to go. I'll enjoy the smack-talk though. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs in 100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2010-Mar 24 2011: Rules, Motivation, Smacktalk, all in this thread [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Damn. I'd planned on playing this year but I'm fighting off some plantar faciitis and so far I'm doing great and don't want to fuck it up. Upping my running for a random goal probably isn't the way to go. I'll enjoy the smack-talk though. :)

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...t_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

:)

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs in 100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2010-Mar 24 2011: Rules, Motivation, Smacktalk, all in this thread [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is my first year but I am excited to see how I do. I missed the first few days due to work being hectic and now I am tempted to do some doubles but I don't want to push too hard in the beginning and end up injured. I have taken almost 2 months off after the Pumpkinman here in Vegas and this Challenge is a great way to kick myself in the ass and get back to training!

--------------------------------------------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well . . .
When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."
# ..Steve McQueen as Michael DeVaney in Le Mans (1971)
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs in 100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2010-Mar 24 2011: Rules, Motivation, Smacktalk, all in this thread [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It can't be a whine since I said I'm doing great so fuckoff.

:P

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
It can't be a whine since I said I'm doing great so fuckoff.

:P

Now,now kids,behave yourselves.

Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs in 100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2010-Mar 24 2011: Rules, Motivation, Smacktalk, all in this thread [Chris G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yesterday's run was the traditional pre-Kona broadcast run at Dr. Halstead's up in the hills of the Vly. Enjoyed the company of Murphy's Law, who seems to know everything that's going on these days on ST despite his claimed hiatus. Is he a seasonal lurker, or do you really give him the daily fixes he's so jonesing for?

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs in 100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2010-Mar 24 2011: Rules, Motivation, Smacktalk, all in this thread [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Early morning run at 5 a.m. before work after being out at a x-mas party till 12:30. Felt like crap but it was a easy run at a 8 minute mile pace. Going to hit the rollers lunchtime and put a hour on them. Keep feeling the spreedsheet pulling me toward the darkside......... must resist.......must resist........

Re: 100 Runs in 100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2010-Mar 24 2011: Rules, Motivation, Smacktalk, all in this thread [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
come to the spreadsheet Bmanners it is your destiny...

Ewan

Ewan

-------------------------

Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs in 100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2010-Mar 24 2011: Rules, Motivation, Smacktalk, all in this thread [_EH_] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny stuff but will still defer the spreadsheet chasing till the last week or two if I do.

Re: 100 Runs in 100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2010-Mar 24 2011: Rules, Motivation, Smacktalk, all in this thread [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hey I have been a good boy as well. I only have one double run day so far. :-)
About to go out on my long run in the fresh snow, should be real nice

Ewan

Ewan

-------------------------

Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs in 100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2010-Mar 24 2011: Rules, Motivation, Smacktalk, all in this thread [_EH_] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like fun . I was expecting a bit more cold this morning. But seems it warmed up to a cozy 24 degrees this morning in Jersey. Have fun in the snow and dont hit any cars with snow ball's. Unless there is a definate getaway route handy ;o)

Re: 100 Runs in 100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2010-Mar 24 2011: Rules, Motivation, Smacktalk, all in this thread [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I doubt he lurks. We do have a pretty steady email banter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
51 minute run this morning, call it 6.2 miles

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs in 100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2010-Mar 24 2011: Rules, Motivation, Smacktalk, all in this thread [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did 2 5 mile runs this am with a 60 minute trainer ride in between. This is a way that if it is bad weather I still get my long run and ride the trainer and don't delay that ride.
Tip of the day: For those intersted in doing adding an occasional second run there are a couple of ways to do it.
1. Like I mentioned above with my workout break your run into 2 segments and throw a ride or swim in the middle.
2. Do 2 easy 30 minute runs one in the morning one in the afternoon. Do this before your day off from running the first two times you do that.

Remember the race is not that spreadsheet. The object is to build comfortable base not triple or quadruple your frequency rate in the first two weeks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, I've read the rules, so I'm not playing dumb or trying to score points, but I'm not all that caught up on the bio-mechanics of those fancy new light weight snow shoes.
There is a ton of snow here, and I can't find my grippy blade things & there's no way I'd go anywhere fast in them anyways. too much snow....so I have to do my run session with my snowshoes...
I don't know if both feet leave the ground, I don't know if I'm running or jogging- I know it's a killer session and it's all I've got right not, because being stuck on the treadmill in the basement is torture I'd rather save for February....

Is speed-snow shoeing like running?? Does it count for this challenge?

thx!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs in 100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2010-Mar 24 2011: Rules, Motivation, Smacktalk, all in this thread [juliegruns] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Is speed-snow shoeing like running?? Does it count for this challenge?

thx!

Has counted in the past, Dev's theory being "I don't care if you slow yourself down by strapping things to your feet."

Water running though, holy moly, thou shalt not water run.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: tigerchik: Dec 19, 10 10:42
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs in 100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2010-Mar 24 2011: Rules, Motivation, Smacktalk, all in this thread [juliegruns] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As Tigerchik said, it really does not matter what appendages you strap to your feet or how many kilos of weight jacket you add to your torso...for that matter, we don't really care how many pounds of fat one penalizes themselves with due to holiday eating (although the point of starting on Dec 15th is to negate this very common scenario)....however, if both feet don't leave the ground on each stride, it is not running. We don't really care how good or how bad the workout is....just run for 30 minutes minimum in the day....for it to count, both feet have to leave the ground on each stride or it ain't running.

Simple enough?

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do we get extra Dev points for doing 90 minute or longer runs ? I mean before the lecture comes of course :o) Losened my shoes and tightened them this morning and it screwed pace up, It was actually loner on map my run. Which one do I use foot pod or map my run /

Quote | Reply
Would someone please explain how the "point system" works?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Dev.... I tried the snowshoes, no choice today with the road conditions, if I focus I can maintain a running stride (at least it feels like it.) Won't count it for the challenge though, it's too impossible to maintain for long stretches.

I don't care how 'light weight' those things are supposed to be- I want my racing flats back!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bottom line is that in reality, unless you are snowshoeing on really hard pack, you're not likely going to sustain "flight" on each stride for 30 minutes , so in the end, unless you have a V02max of 70, most people will be unable to count a snowshoe run in heavy snow! Does not really matter, you got a good workout!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitely spreadsheet chasing run today. I went snowboarding for the first time ever yesterday and didn't run. I couldn't miss two days in a row and I was really tender today. Definitely did not want to run. I feel better now though. I'm glad I ran - but probably wouldn't have without the challenge.
Quote Reply

Prev Next