Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100 Runs in 100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2010-Mar 24 2011: Rules, Motivation, Smacktalk, all in this thread [dawhead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
4 in Caribou, ME. 31:41

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs in 100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2010-Mar 24 2011: Rules, Motivation, Smacktalk, all in this thread [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
40 minutes out and back on greenway. Did some tempo pace on the return trip. Felt good to run on flat, smooth surface. Chilly and wet outside, but at least it didn't rain on me while I was out there today.

Re: 100 Runs in 100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2010-Mar 24 2011: Rules, Motivation, Smacktalk, all in this thread [tricyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
7 miles this morning, tried to do some stretches of tempo. Nice to run in the daylight.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs in 100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2010-Mar 24 2011: Rules, Motivation, Smacktalk, all in this thread [blwmhv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tip Of The Day:
tempo runs are those that produce elevated but steady state of blood lactate accumulations. This is a pace that you could hold for 1 hour.. The purpose of this workout is to stress lactate clearance capabilities not overstress it. Ideally tempo runs are 20 minutes at this tempo. running longer at slightly slower pace also produces good results.These workouts whichhelp build a strong sense of pace are crucial for any runner training to compete at any distance..Try to perform your tempos under desirable and similar conditions with good footing.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs in 100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2010-Mar 24 2011: Rules, Motivation, Smacktalk, all in this thread [Scot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5 miles today at 7 min pace. Not a big deal, but HR was zone 1, which was cool. Felt easy.

4 miles today right off the computrainer busted out like 7:30 miles like there was zero gravity and effortless. Did a hour 20 minutes on the CompuT kona course came to abot 28 miles. Planned on a hour and 30 minutes but had to get off to fit run in today.

Re: 100 Runs in 100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2010-Mar 24 2011: Rules, Motivation, Smacktalk, all in this thread [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
heading our for a marathon pace 12 miler with one good hill in the middle to keep me honest. Goal will be to keep % of Max-HR at 70% or less.

Then destroy all the good i've done by eating krap food all afternoon watching the superbowl!

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs in 100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2010-Mar 24 2011: Rules, Motivation, Smacktalk, all in this thread [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What a difference a day makes. Yesterday it was icy in the morning so waited until 11:00 to start my long run. Bagged it after 10 mi...I struggled the entire way. Determined (or hard-headed) to get it in I woke up early this morning and knocked out 20 mi @ 7:44 pace. Go figure. About as good as it could get after the meltdown yesterday.

http://www.fuelforendurance.com
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs in 100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2010-Mar 24 2011: Rules, Motivation, Smacktalk, all in this thread [jmayo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny, had the opposite experience this weekend. Good run yesterday, wanted to do 15 miles today, but had nothing in the gas tank and running on wet ice is no fun. Ended up with a slow 7 miles.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs in 100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2010-Mar 24 2011: Rules, Motivation, Smacktalk, all in this thread [blwmhv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The sun came out today and temps in the low to mid 40's with very little breeze felt very nice. I got out for about 12 squishy miles in the woods. It was one of those days when I just really enjoyed being out there.

Re: 100 Runs in 100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2010-Mar 24 2011: Rules, Motivation, Smacktalk, all in this thread [tricyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rest day here; tired legs. Three-and-a-half-hour drive from Caribou ME (way far north) back to school.

Naptime.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs in 100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2010-Mar 24 2011: Rules, Motivation, Smacktalk, all in this thread [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
An absolutely GORGEOUS day to run today! 43 degrees F, brilliant blue skies with no clouds, and wonderful sunshine!
11 miles at a sub 9 pace, feeling great the whole way!
I love running on days like today!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs in 100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2010-Mar 24 2011: Rules, Motivation, Smacktalk, all in this thread [IronMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
9.25 miles in 1hr. 11 min. Average HR was 140 bpm. Downloaded some new Dropkick Murphy's , Pogue's , Bleeding Irish and young Dubliners. They kept my pace up there.

Re: 100 Runs in 100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2010-Mar 24 2011: Rules, Motivation, Smacktalk, all in this thread [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tip of the day:
Marathon pace runs. While this is a great tool while training for Marathons It allows runners to get used to staying at the pace required for the marathon. Runs should be for 90 minutes to 16 miles. Runners who trainer for shorter distance 800 meters to 1500m eters wll find benfeit in a marathon paced runs up to 1 hour.This is a very good tool for those competing in shorter distances becasuepace is not taht hard and is a bit faster than a recovery run. Thi also helps runs from getting too slow and losing proper technique.Remember that you should run this pace for a time much shorter than you have to run in the workout.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs in 100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2010-Mar 24 2011: Rules, Motivation, Smacktalk, all in this thread [Scot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Surprised today to see I briefly made the Top 5 list on "Most Run Distance Last 7 Days" - I should have snipped and saved that, not likely to ever happen again. Did 77.9 miles the previous 7 days, just the way my runs lined up with a race; took today off. Not a bad ramp up from zeros in Oct. Had a dog jump against the outside of my knee at mile 20 on yesterday's run, taking it out of groove. Fingers crossed it recovers quickly, marathon is 14 days away...
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs in 100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2010-Mar 24 2011: Rules, Motivation, Smacktalk, all in this thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well it's all for me Tri's, me jolly jolly Tri's
It's all for me sneakers and carbon fiber
For I spent all me tin buying bikes and carbon fiber wheels
Far across the western ocean I must wander

Where are me flats, me noggin', noggin' flats?
They're all gone for sneakers and carbon fiber
For the heels they are worn out and the toes are kicked about
And the soles are looking out for better weather

Where is me tech shirt, my noggin', noggin' tech shirt?
It's all gone for sneakers and carbon fiber
For the collar is all worn, and the sleeves they are all smelly
And the tail is looking out for better weather

I'm sick in the head and I haven't been to bed
Since first I came running with me ST'ers
For I spent all me dough on carbon fiber movin' slow
Far across the Snowiest roads I must wander

Where is me zipps, me noggin' noggin zipps.
Well I lent it to a roadie and now the tyres are all tore
And the bike's are looking out for better whether.

Where is me suit, me noggin' noggin' suit.
Well her ?elastic strap is all worn out and her lens is knocked about
And me goggle's is looking out for better whether.

Last edited by: bmanners: Feb 6, 11 18:41
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs in 100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2010-Mar 24 2011: Rules, Motivation, Smacktalk, all in this thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for hosting this challenge. This is my first real foray into the slowtwitch community.

The motivation of not falling behind has kept me hitting my daily runs when I know in the past I would have just skipped a few of them.

The consistency must be doing something because today I ran a 19:25 5k in 26 degrees, with snow and slush, while wearing trail shoes. There were several moderate hills as well.

My PR for a 5k is 19:19 set when I was 20 years old on a pancake flat course in perfect weather. I am racing as a 40 year old this year. I can't help but be happy with this result in these conditions.

Thanks again for the motivation. Hope the gains translate to the longer distances as well.....

----------------------------
Jason
None of the secrets of success will work unless you do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Monday - 5.5 mi run in 47 minutes (easy and my legs were tight from the day off yesterday). Walked a mile.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good to see you running again! All healed up?

I had a 1 week planned taper (after a 1 week unplanned taper due to the flu) all for a track mile race that was a serious disappointment. Maybe next time I shouldn't taper at all. Back to regular mileage this week. Spikes are now in the back of the closet
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs in 100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2010-Mar 24 2011: Rules, Motivation, Smacktalk, all in this thread [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
a bit of residual soreness but healed, yes. PT helping a lot. I dig mini back massages.

Sorry about your race.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Enjoying the tips so far.
Yesterday was a good day, 30 minutes of intervals on the TM. Warmup 1 mile increasing speed to about 9.5, then 1/4, 1/2, 1, 1/2, and 1/4 miles at 5:40 pace with 1/4 mile at 7:30 pace recovery in between each interval. 4.75 miles in 30 min. Just a few weeks ago the same workout I was barely able to hold 6 min/mile pace on the same workout. Nice easy 30 min recovery run today.

Still plugging away on the streak, I guess it is up to 55 in a row.
Here is a pic from my run this morning, on the trails on the way to work!

Ewan

Ewan

-------------------------

Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs in 100 Days Challenge Dec 15 2010-Mar 24 2011: Rules, Motivation, Smacktalk, all in this thread [_EH_] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Easy 45 minute recovery run this morning with a couple of short striders at the end.

Today makes the 100th day since I started my own personal challenge. Made 89 runs in that period (all outdoors). My percentage has actually improved since the "official" ST version started - only 4 behind right now, with a good chance of closing that gap if the weather cooperates.

Quote | Reply
Tip Of the day;
Easy runs are oftern used in the morning or as a second run in a two day schedule. They are also used as warm up , cooldown, and recoverry during intense high intensity training.. A easy run can be a minimum of 30 minutes the stress is not that great but it does help your body recovery.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Managed to catch up on my logging today. Escaped from the frigid cold and snow for a 10 day excursion in the sunny south and islands. Managed a 65 mile week running in shorts and a t-shirt. Missed two snow storms back home.

Now it is back to running in the snow this week.
Quote Reply

Prev Next