Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
** Spoiler ** TDF Team TT today should finally end all debate on the fastest tri bike.
Quote | Reply
Title saids it all. Only one team ran all P4s and they won. Two teams, atleast, had Speedconcepts and both were beat by the only all P4 team.

Just think if they had Ventus bars and standard water bottle
Quote Reply
Re: ** Spoiler ** TDF Team TT today should finally end all debate on the fastest tri bike. [bartturner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's true.

Eli Curt

I'm Professionally Amateur. Are you? Become an ambassador today!
Chimps in Training!
Quote Reply
Re: ** Spoiler ** TDF Team TT today should finally end all debate on the fastest tri bike. [bartturner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's true, except that the team with the p4's had deeper front wheels than the teams with the SC's, so we will never know which is faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mike bike is faster than your bike - na na na na na.

These posts are some lame dude, give it a rest
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And apparently Mavic wheels are the fastest now too....Zipp who?

Bob
Quote Reply
Re: ** Spoiler ** TDF Team TT today should finally end all debate on the fastest tri bike. [Macho Grande] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Macho Grande wrote:
And apparently Mavic wheels are the fastest now too....Zipp who?

Bob

when can we BUY those deep mavics anyway?

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: ** Spoiler ** TDF Team TT today should finally end all debate on the fastest tri bike. [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who says you'll ever be able to? If they're labeled PROTOTYPE there are, as I understand, not subject to patent issues.

Bob
Quote Reply
Re: ** Spoiler ** TDF Team TT today should finally end all debate on the fastest tri bike. [Macho Grande] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nobody but I want em
well not really I'm full up on wheels but maybe if I taco another one on a car I will.

Macho Grande wrote:
Who says you'll ever be able to? If they're labeled PROTOTYPE there are, as I understand, not subject to patent issues.

Bob

Quote Reply
Re: ** Spoiler ** TDF Team TT today should finally end all debate on the fastest tri bike. [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At th tour all the bikes are pretty much even in my mind. It is the riders not the bike. Cancellara rode Cervelo a few years ago and he was a world champion, He then rode a Specialized and again was world champion and now he is the premeier time trial rider and he rides Trek. So what does this mean. it means it is the engine not the frame.
Quote Reply
Re: ** Spoiler ** TDF Team TT today should finally end all debate on the fastest tri bike. [Scot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You new here Scot?

BMC missed the yellow jersey by 1 second today

In that context one could say it is about having the most aero radio antennas =)

Also all 3 bikes Cancellara won on were among the top bikes in the Peleton. Not every team is so lucky. Fortunately the gap between fabian and everyone else is so high that he would probably win on any TT frame currently in the pro-tour.

But not an eddy m rules frame!

Scot wrote:
At th tour all the bikes are pretty much even in my mind. It is the riders not the bike. Cancellara rode Cervelo a few years ago and he was a world champion, He then rode a Specialized and again was world champion and now he is the premeier time trial rider and he rides Trek. So what does this mean. it means it is the engine not the frame.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Considering the deficit of the bikes and helmets sky used they would of won by two minutes if they had better equipment!

Ride Scoozy Electric Bicycles
http://www.RideScoozy.com
Quote Reply
Re: ** Spoiler ** TDF Team TT today should finally end all debate on the fastest tri bike. [msuguy512] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
msuguy512 wrote:
Considering the deficit of the bikes and helmets sky used they would of won by two minutes if they had better equipment!

you shut up those helmets are awesome, I don't even care if they are slow I want one.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bartturner wrote:
Title saids it all. Only one team ran all P4s and they won. Two teams, atleast, had Speedconcepts and both were beat by the only all P4 team.
Just think if they had Ventus bars and standard water bottle

It wasn't the bike, it was purely they were running the right sized tires at the right pressure given the barimaric pressure for that moment.

Michael
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is pretty funny, because I was thinking the same thing. All the naysayers were poo-pooing Cervelo the last couple of years for not winning anything big without recognizing that they had no great time trial riders. Now they inherit the garmin folks and whatdayaknow--they are the fastest in the world.
Not that I'm saying bikes don't matter--they do--but there are now enough Cervelos, Treks and Specialized bikes out there that things are pretty even.
Chad
Quote Reply
Re: ** Spoiler ** TDF Team TT today should finally end all debate on the fastest tri bike. [Scot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
X2

Re: ** Spoiler ** TDF Team TT today should finally end all debate on the fastest tri bike. [cdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For sure - the debate needs to end now.

BMC are clearly the fastest bikes.
Quote Reply
Re: ** Spoiler ** TDF Team TT today should finally end all debate on the fastest tri bike. [msuguy512] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
msuguy512 wrote:

Can't say I'm too keen on the Pinarello Graal, but I do like what Sky have done with the Di2 base bar shift/brake levers,

Source: Velonews, 2011 Tour de France, stage 2: a Nick Legan tech gallery
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
msuguy512 wrote:

you shut up those helmets are awesome, I don't even care if they are slow I want one.

I keep looking to see if those Kask helmets come up on their website...so far, no joy in Mudville.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Scot wrote:

You hit the nail on the head my son
If Team Garmin rode a TTT on Cervelo, then hopped on a specialized and then Trek, and then BMC [all with identical componentry] Id suggest the times would be with a handful of seconds.

res, non verba
Quote Reply
Re: ** Spoiler ** TDF Team TT today should finally end all debate on the fastest tri bike. [RoYe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RoYe wrote:
You hit the nail on the head my son
If Team Garmin rode a TTT on Cervelo, then hopped on a specialized and then Trek, and then BMC [all with identical componentry] Id suggest the times would be with a handful of seconds.

yeah but they won by only a handful of seconds =)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You all have it wrong. Cervelo, Trek, Specialized and BMC are alright but really it is Scott that is fastest. Did you see Vanhoenacker time today when he smashed the Ironman world record. Cervelo, Trek, Specialized and BMC did not set any world records today.

I am so buying a Scott. If I can not get the Scott I would settle for a Cervelo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it's not about the bike

Eric - "Train Smart, Race Smart, Finish Strong"
Quote Reply
Re: ** Spoiler ** TDF Team TT today should finally end all debate on the fastest tri bike. [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BMANX wrote:
Did you see Vanhoenacker time today when he smashed the Ironman world record.

On a short course.

Quote | Reply
Just think if they had the P5.
Quote Reply
Re: ** Spoiler ** TDF Team TT today should finally end all debate on the fastest tri bike. [sdtrigeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anybody think Cervelo is saving the P5 debut for the individual time trial?
Quote Reply

Prev Next