Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ** Spoiler ** TDF Team TT today should finally end all debate on the fastest tri bike. [Scot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scot wrote:
At th tour all the bikes are pretty much even in my mind. It is the riders not the bike. Cancellara rode Cervelo a few years ago and he was a world champion, He then rode a Specialized and again was world champion and now he is the premeier time trial rider and he rides Trek. So what does this mean. it means it is the engine not the frame.
This is so true, the fact Cancellera has used various top end frames and still kicks the crap out of everyone just proves it's all about the engine, did you watch him carry the whole trek leopard team. The differences between all these top end bikes is quite insignificant compared to the achievement, training and skill required to drive them.
Quote Reply
Re: ** Spoiler ** TDF Team TT today should finally end all debate on the fastest tri bike. [r0cky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
r0cky wrote:
This is so true, the fact Cancellera has used various top end frames and still kicks the crap out of everyone just proves it's all about the engine, did you watch him carry the whole trek leopard team.

Yeah and I also saw poor Frank hanging on the back. Couldn't even take his turn in the line, just let the riders slip in ahead of him. I would think that he and Andy would have been working hard on their TT abilities seeing as that's what is holding them back. Frank lost the Tour of Switzerland on the last day TT.

John
"A profoundly peaceful run; a gift to myself" Frazz
Quote Reply
Re: ** Spoiler ** TDF Team TT today should finally end all debate on the fastest tri bike. [r0cky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The thing is these riders make their living ridng the bike. At the Tour all bike Companies are supplying the Top of the Line Frames and Top of the line gear. I know on this site, people want to say which is better or worse but bottom line is these guys are genetically gifted athletes. This coupled with training , determination is what makes him fast. Do the bikes sometimes fail for them of course mechanical failures happen. Lemond holds the fastest speed for a time trail(individual 89 fial stage). He rode a steel frame with clip ons. Yes it was a short stage but still. Indurian, Merckxx,Hinault would have all exelled on the new frames but they had fantastic engines.
Quote Reply
Re: ** Spoiler ** TDF Team TT today should finally end all debate on the fastest tri bike. [bartturner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
X2 on the BMC bike. Not a whole lot of time on these new bikes for them doing so well. Looks like BMC and Easton wheels are the new gold standard. Everyone is now going to have to play catch up now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
interesting thought, do you think perhaps the skill, and training needed to design and build a speed concept or P4 is about as difficult an intellectual task as being a pro cyclist is a physical one?

r0cky wrote:
This is so true, the fact Cancellera has used various top end frames and still kicks the crap out of everyone just proves it's all about the engine, did you watch him carry the whole trek leopard team. The differences between all these top end bikes is quite insignificant compared to the achievement, training and skill required to drive them.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: ** Spoiler ** TDF Team TT today should finally end all debate on the fastest tri bike. [yme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yme wrote:
. Looks like BMC and Easton wheels are the new gold standard. Everyone is now going to have to play catch up now.

huh?

Quote Reply
Re: ** Spoiler ** TDF Team TT today should finally end all debate on the fastest tri bike. [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well I had to say that Jack, it is just so typical ST, how could I pass up ;o)

jackmott wrote:
yme wrote:
. Looks like BMC and Easton wheels are the new gold standard. Everyone is now going to have to play catch up now.

huh?
Quote Reply
Re: ** Spoiler ** TDF Team TT today should finally end all debate on the fastest tri bike. [GregW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: ** Spoiler ** TDF Team TT today should finally end all debate on the fastest tri bike. [yme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
but they were 2nd! lol

though one could argue they performed above their talents, I suppose =)

yme wrote:
Well I had to say that Jack, it is just so typical ST, how could I pass up ;o)

jackmott wrote:
yme wrote:

huh?

Quote Reply
Re: ** Spoiler ** TDF Team TT today should finally end all debate on the fastest tri bike. [bartturner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Forgive me if this has been asked and answered elsewhere, but what helmets were the Garmin guys wearing? They said Giro on the front, but they didn't look like the Selector that the other teams were wearing.
Quote Reply
Re: ** Spoiler ** TDF Team TT today should finally end all debate on the fastest tri bike. [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SuperDave wrote:
That isn't Shimano's Di2.

You better tell us whose it is then...
Quote Reply
Re: ** Spoiler ** TDF Team TT today should finally end all debate on the fastest tri bike. [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting. The accompanying caption; "Team Sky came to the team time trial with custom Di2 shifters built into their one-piece carbon base bar/stem. Photo: Nick Legan" rather led me to believe they were Di2 internals reworked in to a custom brake/shift lever. What do you think they are?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine goes to eleven. End of debate.

What I do: http://app.strava.com/athletes/345699
Quote Reply
Re: ** Spoiler ** TDF Team TT today should finally end all debate on the fastest tri bike. [GregW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GregW wrote:
Interesting. The accompanying caption; "Team Sky came to the team time trial with custom Di2 shifters built into their one-piece carbon base bar/stem. Photo: Nick Legan" rather led me to believe they were Di2 internals reworked in to a custom brake/shift lever. What do you think they are?

I think Nick is right. Custom shift/brake levers that controlled the rest of the Di2 system.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hopefully Jame Huang at Cycling News can grap us some photos of these during his tech coverage of the long time trail stage.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: ** Spoiler ** TDF Team TT today should finally end all debate on the fastest tri bike. [Scot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scot wrote:
...Lemond holds the fastest speed for a time trail(individual 89 fial stage). He rode a steel frame with clip ons. Yes it was a short stage but still...

Don't forget that it was generally downhill as well ;-)

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Scot wrote:
Lemond holds the fastest speed for a time trail(individual 89 fial stage). He rode a steel frame with clip ons.

oh god not this again. it was downhill and tailwind too man.

Chris Boardman broke two hour records - the eddy m record on a steel round tube bike, and the one where you can use a TT bike

over 4mph difference

think about that.

Quote Reply
Re: ** Spoiler ** TDF Team TT today should finally end all debate on the fastest tri bike. [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
Scot wrote:
Lemond holds the fastest speed for a time trail(individual 89 fial stage). He rode a steel frame with clip ons.

oh god not this again. it was downhill and tailwind too man.

Chris Boardman broke two hour records - the eddy m record on a steel round tube bike, and the one where you can use a TT bike

over 4mph difference

think about that.

Oh god....not this again. He was 4 years older when he set the Merkcx record.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: ** Spoiler ** TDF Team TT today should finally end all debate on the fastest tri bike. [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
Oh god....not this again. He was 4 years older when he set the Merkcx record.

4 more years of training, should have been stronger, more experienced
=)

Quote Reply
Re: ** Spoiler ** TDF Team TT today should finally end all debate on the fastest tri bike. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
James Huang has indeed provided some extra info:

'The fresh one-piece base carbon fiber bar and stem featured not only knifelike brake levers molded directly into the outer pods but also prototype Di2 shifter pods blended seamlessly into the rest of the structure with small, uncharacteristically rounded buttons – standard Shimano shifter pods were fitted to the extension ends.'

Source: Tour de France tech: New aero kit at team time trial

Apparently Shimano are denying any involvement.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bartturner wrote:
Title saids it all. Only one team ran all P4s and they won. Two teams, atleast, had Speedconcepts and both were beat by the only all P4 team.

But how come no P4s were in the top 10 of the ITT? There were 4 Spec's and a Trek. Could it be the engine counts a little?

Brian Grasky
Grasky Endurance: World Championship Triathlon Coaching; Professional Training Camps
RETUL fitter, Biomechanist, USAT Level 3 Coach, USAC Level 2 Coach
Quote Reply
Re: ** Spoiler ** TDF Team TT today should finally end all debate on the fastest tri bike. [seebritri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

>But how come no P4s were in the top 10 of the ITT? There were 4 Spec's and a Trek. Could it be the engine counts a little?

Too bad Captain America broke his wrist.
Quote Reply

Prev Next