Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [flynnzu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pogacar just gets more ridiculous. He is so far above the level of the others it’s not even close. This is domination far beyond anything we’ve seen.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
MvdP looks completely cooked. Wonder how long he’ll stay in this?

Agreed ha has been a shadow of himself. Notplayed a part at all not even on cobbles. Should just quit and focus later in season.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
littlefoot wrote:
RandMart wrote:
Vid is in the tweet here

https://twitter.com/.../1544705296911695873

Fucking idiots with their fucking phones

The big head in the way makes it harder to tell, but the yellow shirt shoulda been further back from the road...they all should. You see the red head clown get headbutted by the rider who went down first. He had to have gotten a concussion from that hit. It was hard!!
#block_or_charge

I didn't realize Oss hit the yellow shirt first, THEN hit Danny Partridge, so Y/S prob took a little bit of speed/force off of the second impact

Do we know who ran over Oss? Looked like someone from Bora; any of them suffer especially badly today?

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [ianmo80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ianmo80 wrote:
Pogacar just gets more ridiculous. He is so far above the level of the others it’s not even close. This is domination far beyond anything we’ve seen.

At least not seen since that guy who shall not be named…
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lassekk wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:
MvdP looks completely cooked. Wonder how long he’ll stay in this?

Agreed ha has been a shadow of himself. Not played a part at all not even on cobbles. Should just quit and focus later in season.

They should start calling him Mathieu VUELTA Poel and see if he gets the hint?

Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [FFigawi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FFigawi wrote:
ianmo80 wrote:

Early days yet.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It isn't over but it pretty much is. Looks like luck will be Pog's more formidable opponent.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
It isn't over but it pretty much is. Looks like luck will be Pog's more formidable opponent.

Form comes and form goes, especially when you’re not relying on blood bags. And Riders have bad days. He looks strong at the moment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
FFigawi wrote:
ianmo80 wrote:

Early days yet.

Ha! I had the same thought today, he is so insaly good in TT and uphill, always riding well even alone. He seems levels above the rest like how is one person that much better
Only bad luck will stop him from winning now.

Todd always ends like this I feel like, while the vuelta is racing till the last day.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bling had a real shot if it weren't for Ferris. One other guy could challenge Ferris on that finish and he was off the back dressed like Big Bird. Wtf was he thinking? He could have sat in the wheels and attacked in the final hills, kept the Big Bird suit, and won the stage.

Oh well, Ferris is a righteous dude.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
FFigawi wrote:
ianmo80 wrote:

Early days yet.

I think Pogacar is more impressive already. Wins Monuments, classics, etc. Wins TdFs with light team support.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm assuming WvA did not feel he had the legs to survive the final and still sprint hard. He went out to mop up the points then did the jersey proud by fighting against the peloton as long as he could. Based on his reaction as the peloton was finally approaching, I feel like he may have even been a bit surprised at how long it took them to get there.

As for Pog, sure he looks unbeatable and may be, but it's a loooooong way to Paris. Ask Rog. Ask Kittel. Ask Froome. Ask (insert someone who has cracked or crashed out of the TdF or another grand tour). He looks stellar, but he is not minutes up and despite his current level of performance, has yet to master walking on water.

"It's good enough for who it's for" - Grandpa Wayne
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and until proven otherwise I'm going with a kid (he still qualifies for white jersey) that just f'ing loves to ride, fast, and hmm lets just go and see what i've got and F'k isn't winning Dope :-)
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [flynnzu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
flynnzu wrote:
I'm assuming WvA did not feel he had the legs to survive the final and still sprint hard. He went out to mop up the points then did the jersey proud by fighting against the peloton as long as he could. Based on his reaction as the peloton was finally approaching, I feel like he may have even been a bit surprised at how long it took them to get there.

As for Pog, sure he looks unbeatable and may be, but it's a loooooong way to Paris. Ask Rog. Ask Kittel. Ask Froome. Ask (insert someone who has cracked or crashed out of the TdF or another grand tour). He looks stellar, but he is not minutes up and despite his current level of performance, has yet to master walking on water.

Yeah, he said that he thought a bigger break could get away and he could win from that but they weren't letting a big break go with the yellow king in it.

The peloton went 30 mph for 4 hours.

It is a long way to Paris, I do think he'll get beaten up and it won't all go smoothly. I'd ask Froome but I can't locate him. Wondering if he'll go all the way. Props to him for trying. Today and yesterday were brutal.

Bam Bam did great work for Pog today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
FFigawi wrote:
ianmo80 wrote:

Early days yet.

I think Pogacar is more impressive already. Wins Monuments, classics, etc. Wins TdFs with light team support.
Definitely. One of these guys disappeared after 1999 except for June-July, and he made sure his teammates knew that they were on the team in order to be working for him in the TdF. (Not to mention the rest of his baggage). Pogacar's enthusiasm, his attitude, his results, and his overall approach to cycling have been refreshing, even if it seems like everyone else is often racing for second place.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RE: Froome - I did find it cool how genuinely happy he seemed to be for his teammate and team yesterday. Of course, he may have a vested interest in his team performing financially, but still seemed like he was very excited for Clarke.

"It's good enough for who it's for" - Grandpa Wayne
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
FFigawi wrote:
ianmo80 wrote:

Early days yet.

I certainly prefer it to an all but singular focus on the Tour.
Quote Reply
Re: New skinsuit? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
RandMart wrote:
Magnus Cort - leader in KOM - is also only about 5 minutes off from Lanterne Rouge

By finishing in the front, Cort moved up 24 spots and is now 26 minutes ahead of current LR, Anthony Turgis

Turgis, Moscon, and Hirschi are the current Anti-Podium

Podium of Upside Down?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
anybody know what is up with Hirschi - is this planned and he's saving himself or is he ill/injured
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Big day tomorrow. Which leaves me a bit melancholy.

Am a huge fan of Roglic. Again today, a warrior. He has to be, cause he goes down a lot. His ride in Paris-Nice last year after crashing several times was as tough as they come.

But as we go, a TdF final day in yellow seems less and less likely. Who knows. But for now it makes 2020 sting even more.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
heyMartin wrote:
anybody know what is up with Hirschi - is this planned and he's saving himself or is he ill/injured

The announcers on the non-USA Peacock feed were saying he recently had surgery related to a discrepancy in leg length a few months ago.

But Hirschi has been nonstop enigma for years now since his time at DSM. Sequence of vague medical issues, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Primoz and Gravity have a complicated relationship ; sometimes being so eager/willing to "go down" is not always the best answer

Trust me on this

YMMV

Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
littlefoot wrote:
RandMart wrote:
Vid is in the tweet here

https://twitter.com/.../1544705296911695873

Fucking idiots with their fucking phones

The big head in the way makes it harder to tell, but the yellow shirt shoulda been further back from the road...they all should. You see the red head clown get headbutted by the rider who went down first. He had to have gotten a concussion from that hit. It was hard!!

#block_or_charge

I didn't realize Oss hit the yellow shirt first, THEN hit Danny Partridge, so Y/S prob took a little bit of speed/force off of the second impact

Do we know who ran over Oss? Looked like someone from Bora; any of them suffer especially badly today?
just getting caught up,bummer, always liked Oss, quite the work horse.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
Yeah, he said that he thought a bigger break could get away and he could win from that but they weren't letting a big break go with the yellow king in it.

I think part of it was hoping there'd be a reasonably sized break that could go the distance. And I think part of it was, after the day JV had on the cobbles yesterday, giving the team a day to just sit in the peloton, rather than having to ride in front and defend yellow. Let the dudes rest a little in advance of the days to come - so in a way he was shooting his shot, but in a way he was taking one for the team.

UAE's team is enigmatic... on paper going in it looked like the best supporting cast Taddy's had. But they haven't looked good at all. The finale today with Majka and McNulty has been their only showing. Not sure if everyone's just keeping their powder dry but Taddy running out of domestiques on a regular basis could become a thing in the mountains. JV and Ineos might have a shot if they isolate him and keep firing their various GC guys up the road.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
True. Also true he took yellow on stage 8 last year and never looked back.
Quote Reply

Prev Next