Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [likes_bikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ouch!! Tried to attach the pic if it worked. Plapp looked shredded. TT and Road champ to cheese grader. The stark vicissitudes of pro cycling.

cock-up before conspiracy
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ClayDavis wrote:
I'm not sure "the lizard" is a desirable nickname either. Maybe there's a different connotation in Latin America.

What's Spanish for "Narwhal?"

Or just say "Narwhal?"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [CNullATX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finished, too! But though he's probably tough enough to start today with expert application of Tegaderm and whatnot, I don't see much point. Hope he drops out and heals up.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
trail wrote:
fredericknorton wrote:
I have nothing for a Narvaez nickname.

That's a legit tough one. Wikipedia has it as El Lagarto (the lizard), which is as good as anything.

Never Nervous Narvaez.

How many here remember Purvis Ellison?

I do. U of Louisville I think. Nice guy. Destroyed me in a pick up game in DC when he was with The Bullets (Wizards).

Working on Narvaez......tough one early season.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have zero idea who the heck that might be...my basketball knowledge is, er, limited. I have issues with depth perception and my attempts at ball sports have been miserable! I will say that Pervis is quite the name.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Possibly Jhonatan "The Narwhal" Narvaez may stick.

Fast-Finishes.com
Triathlon and Running Race Timing
Athletic Event Management
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [themuse1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What were Ineos doing there in the sprint? Narvaez and Viviani both sprinted and both ran out of energy way before the line

The world's only show focused on duathlon ðŸƒâ€â™‚ï¸ðŸš²ðŸƒâ€â™‚ï¸
NEW EP: How to Win a 5k
https://podcasts.apple.com/...0739?i=1000641392144
https://open.spotify.com/...1ClQ5bg4dTYQjPdCR7x0
https://sites.google.com/view/andrewdbrown
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [TheDuathlonShow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Narvaez and Viviani both sprinted and both ran out of energy way before the line

Narvaez was leading out Viviani, but he went way too early (especially with Welsford sitting on Viviani). Viviani knew that, let Narvaez go and stayed on Van Poppel for a beat, then jumped off of VP and tried to slingshot around Narvaez. Immediately realized he had also gone too early and to the wrong side. Shut it down when Welsford blew past him before he had even come around Narvaez himself.

Right idea to try and jump early (because no one in this race is as fast as Welsford) wrong day to try and do it, with the cross-tailwind. Full credit for trying, no one else really did.

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [fredly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welsford and Bora are cleaning up at the TdU. Good for them.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [likes_bikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
likes_bikes wrote:
Welsford and Bora are cleaning up at the TdU. Good for them.

El Grande * doing a nice intro for the new Red Bull sponsor. Things are gonna be different today! We'll see if Yatesy can salvage something for Jayco. Poor Plapp got the instant cycling karma for (sort of) joking that Jayco was going to win every stage and the GC. Hope he heals up quick.

Welsford's Spanish teammate called him "Grande" after a win, trying to work that in.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yates vs Del Toro? Anyone else have a shot on Willunga?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gnar-vaez.

The Gnar.

As in "upping" the gnar or gnarly. Too Cali surfer?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it just seems easy for you.
unless jonathon starts wearing horns on his helmet and a kiss like mask (or maybe a david clinger face tattoo) - then gwar-naez might work.

i just hope no luke plapp like crashes bc then someone would say shredding the gnar.

i'm going yates - plapp must have had some reasons for all that confidence.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
Gnar-vaez.

The Gnar.

As in "upping" the gnar or gnarly. Too Cali surfer?

He's done it again, chapeau.

Gnarvaez vs Del Toro vs Yates tomorow, sure, though it's hard to tell who's been keeping their powder dry for the weekend and who's just not in form right now, as there are plenty of other names on the startlist who you could see factoring in (even on Del Toro's own team). It's short enough that, yes, you have to be a climber, but also fairly explosive. If we give the form-edge to the ANZAC contingent then maybe dudes like Haig, Bennett or Bevin will show something?

Ricky Bobby's been hogging the spotlight for Trek, but JuanPe and Bauke are both dudes you could see up there too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed, Gnar-Vaez is a winner.

And yeah, looking forward to the climbers trading paint on next two stages, or the big hairy American winning machine spoiling the party.
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: Jan 19, 24 10:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can we take a moment to acknowledge Welford's Freddie Mercury/Ted Lasso 'stache, please!

Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Can we take a moment to acknowledge Welford's Freddie Mercury/Ted Lasso 'stache, please!

Indeed. Need moxie to rock that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
RandMart wrote:

Also Quinn Simmons and his man bun.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My daughter & I noticed that - in action movies, anyway - when the Mary Sue puts her hair up, shit's about to get fucking REAL!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
McNulty wrote:
RandMart wrote:

Also Quinn Simmons and his man bun.

I'm all in for the Welsford stache, but the man bun is a no. Great great jersey for Simmons, just like every EF national jersey. EF and FDJ always win the national jerseys competition. UAE is the opposite; complete disrespect for national jerseys.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah I like what EF does with their national champs. Labecki's is a cool take on the stars and stripes. But FDJ's approach is the best, IMO. Madouas's jersey last year was glorious.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Onley following Harper earlier looked like a mistake. Seems like another team's domestiques would have closed that gap. But Onley had enough strength to win anyhow. Super strong.

The world's only show focused on duathlon ðŸƒâ€â™‚ï¸ðŸš²ðŸƒâ€â™‚ï¸
NEW EP: How to Win a 5k
https://podcasts.apple.com/...0739?i=1000641392144
https://open.spotify.com/...1ClQ5bg4dTYQjPdCR7x0
https://sites.google.com/view/andrewdbrown
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOL, sure looked like LFF didn't quite know which line to go for. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That was an odd finale.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so what is the trend for this year?

racing with aero TT type helmets and helmets that cover your ears?

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply

Prev Next