Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 "I'll put that quote on the testimonials section of my new webpage, thanks! ;-) "

I see your profits taking a dive in the near future.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe you should ask Tom that question as apparently he doesn't mind pissing off his customers. Times must be good Eh?

~Matt
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Times are great. Customer trust and service are dead all across retail. There is no where esle to go.

Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [Haondotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

I don't want to come off as uppety or snobish or a know-it-all, but these people trained hard and long and paid big money for these bikes and to be in the race. They are paying good money to get their bikes to the race- but they are not performing even the most basic PMCS (Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services) on them.

I didn't know there was an acronym for this! This world is going over the top with acronyms. Amazing.

TFLMK (Thanks for letting me know). ISGOSTNADSW (I should get off slowtwitch now and do some work).

Last edited by: AJHull: Nov 9, 05 11:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Funny, I had the opposite reaction. I think I appreciate/like Tom more now...and I think it's too bad that he'll will probably refrain from such posts in the future. I guess he'll just have to take photos of bikes in the TA of races to make his point instead of those brought to his shop.
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [The Nome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is your choice. But you are looking at it from the point of view as a reader. Would you really have the same thoughts as a customer?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He could post pics of my bike with tires so worn you could see the air rolling around and I wouldn't care. I would probably be proud of it in some weird way. Guess I just don't get my panties in a bunch so easy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The point could have been made without pictures. It wasn't even necessary to include the specific makes & models of bikes involved.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Then your an easy going kinda guy but Tom's job is to know his cutomers and keep their trust. Like I said most people woudn't care but it matters to those who felt like their trust was broken.

Then again Tom is making a killing so what I do I know?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Exactly my response.

Personally if indeed I was a customer of Tom's and he posted my bike, it probably would not have bothered me...well because things like that don't bother me.

Howevre I think a good deal of those posting here would just fly off the handle if put in the same situation.

~Matt
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [mcastle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
The point could have been made without pictures. It wasn't even necessary to include the specific makes & models of bikes involved.

Ya, but, knowing ST and the general response is either:

"Your seat's too high" or

"Pics, or it doesn't exist"

Chris

Chris
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson,
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [5280] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As I read the posts that have accumulated since this nimrod (Victorbike) played Mr passiveaggressive, I can only conclude that any loose collection of individuals in one place quickly take on the conversational characteristics of my ex-wife and her mother... whipping each other into a frenzy of hyperbole and bitchiness. I shudder to think where this post gets to when I reach page 8.... tom demerly burned in effigy? Everyone takes "feedback" on Slowtwitch the way they take the feedback that life gives you every day. Hang loose like a mongoose....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
maybe but it would be a bit like the newspaper with no photos. If the guy is angry then whatever, be angry, but he should have called or emailed Tom directly. He calls out Tom for his behavior and then proceeds to handle it with a post on ST. His actions are more questionable to me than what Tom did. If he really wanted to settle it he would have called, gone down or emailed Tom like an adult.
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [House] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
piss stains I could deal with...but pictures of my skid marks would be going WAAAAY over the line.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
maybe but it would be a bit like the newspaper with no photos. If the guy is angry then whatever, be angry, but he should have called or emailed Tom directly. He calls out Tom for his behavior and then proceeds to handle it with a post on ST. His actions are more questionable to me than what Tom did. If he really wanted to settle it he would have called, gone down or emailed Tom like an adult.
Right... and as an adult and business owner Tom should have handled the bike issues in person, on the phone or through email with the bike owner, not through a post on ST.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I pretty sure when he dropped off his bike he told Tom he didn't want any pictures of it taken.

If this is the case please stop taking pictures of bike transitions at races because my bike may show up in the picture and because I use handlebar tape that doesn't match I don't want anyone on this forum or the internet to see it. I couldn't take the humiliation of seeing my bike dissed on slowtwitch.

I still don't know why you would care that your bike is getting dissed. For the most part anyone on the forum wouldn't even know who you were.

Just so you know - usually I don't agree with Tom. In fact his Cervelo touting posts bother the hell out of me. I just chalk this one up to someone that has a very low self image of himself.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Then your an easy going kinda guy but Tom's job is to know his cutomers and keep their trust. Like I said most people woudn't care but it matters to those who felt like their trust was broken."

What the hell is this world coming to when Tibbs (A) Makes sense and (B) Has not a single typo in his post.

I thought Tom's outing of badly maintained bikes was a little arrogant. I would have been a little pissed if that was my Felt. I don't think Tom did wrong in checking out the bikes, but outing these people as "Bad-Bike-Maintenence-People" would have irk'd me! I don't think Tom D would be my LBS of choice. He does know everything about bikes and the industry, but he seems to be the first to tell you, that he does know everything about bikes and the industry.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bingo! 5280 is quick to criticise, but refuses to see it from both sides. They both are at fault.

I am surprised nobody has commented on this but I'll repeat anyway:

Tom was entrusted with this guys bike and he broke that trust.

It does not matter if it wasn't horrible or he did not publish his name or he fixed stuff. He broke the trust and that can only lead to further problems. The guy may fix your car perfectly and on the cheap but if you spy him going through the drive through at McDonalds in it you are going to have trust issues. Same thing.

Proud Founder of the Jamis Mafia- Daring to be different.
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [OCTriGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
<<I would have been a little pissed if that was my Felt.>>

Me too....the thought of trying to ride that bike in a big race would have pissed me off....oh...you meant about the pics....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Then your an easy going kinda guy but Tom's job is to know his cutomers and keep their trust. Like I said most people woudn't care but it matters to those who felt like their trust was broken."

What the hell is this world coming to when Tibbs (A) Makes sense and (B) Has not a single typo in his post."

You wrote too soon. He has a typo -"your".
Last edited by: tootall: Nov 9, 05 11:55
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [tootall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You wrote too soon. He has a typo "your".

Thank God, the world is right again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WOW this thread is gropwing fast! imagine if Tom had posted pics with chicks in bikinis on those bikes, we'd be up to 2000 responses by now.

----------------------------------------------------------
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [House] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I do see both sides, I just happen to think the original poster is over the top in his reaction. I see why some people don't like Tom's post and think he was wrong. I don't agree however. That stated, this goes back to the old kindergarten lesson of two wrongs don't make a right. Let's assume that Tom thinks his post is fine so no reason for him not to post. The poster of this thread does think it was wrong to put his "private" business on ST so why turn around and handle the problem here? I just see it as hypocritical to complain about (anonymous) pictures of your bike being here yet you will open this discussion here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, do you know the meaning of the word hypocrisy?

Stop and think before you go typing posts like that one.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [HomerJSimpson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're missing the point. It is not really about the bike or the invasion of privacy. It is merely a matter of respect that Tom did not pay to Victor by not asking permission to post photos. I'm pretty sure Victor did not want photos of his bicycle, no matter in what condition, to be deseminized on the forum without his explicit permission.

Victor (if that's his name) dropped off the bicycle for a specific purpose, to be shipped, and not to be put on display. How the bike appears to other people, or where it appears is immatieral.

Simply put, Tom diplayed something that belonged to Victor without his permission and Victor simply called him on it in the same media Tom chose to use.

Where this can stop is where Tom comes back into the forum, apologizes to Victor for not asking permission for posting the pictures, and it is done.

All other conjecture about the size of Victor's manhood, or any other personal attacks toward him are pretty much on the down low and don't for a second think that you are immune to the same kind of falacy when it comes up and bites you in the ass later on.

Trust me, there are more people on Victor's side than you think.
Quote Reply

Prev Next