Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [HomerJSimpson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]I personally don't know why anyone would even give a shit what people on this forum have to say. [/reply]

For how much hot air is spewed on ST on a daily basis, some people seem to think that there are a lot of people who care about opinions on ST...

====================================

Life isn't measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away.
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [Mike C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Lighten up, Francis. I for one have no problem with Tom posting the pics and descriptions and then letting us know he took care of the issues."

Well, hell, Michelle, if you have no problem with it then I guess none of us should. And does the phrase "blowing your horn" mean anything to you. IMHO that's was the whole purpose of the post.
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i dont know much about bikes but seeing those photos encouraged me to take my bike to a shop and have it looked over before i went to florida. so thanks for the encouragement
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was thinking the bumpy dirt would create a disrupted airflow around the frame and components, and we all know thats 1,000,000 milliion billion, light years faster than smooth surfaces.

~Matt...was that sarcastic enough?
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [DR. V] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now, Dr. V, did yoiu really not know that you should take good care of the bike you are about to do an Ironman on until TD's post? Hmmm???
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [Frank13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You've never seen the movie "Stripes", have you...? ;-)

BTW, "Francis" is not necessarily a woman's name. In fact, it was my father's middle name. So, *really* lighten up this time, k? ;-) ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francis is NEVER a woman's name. Frances is, but Francis never,

----------------------------------------------------------
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]You've never seen the movie "Stripes", have you...? ;-)

BTW, "Francis" is not necessarily a woman's name. In fact, it was my father's middle name. So, *really* lighten up this time, k? ;-) ;-)[/reply]

BTW "Michelle" is not necessarily a woman's name. In fact, it may be Francois's middle name. Perhaps the lightening up should start a bit closer to home...
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [Frank13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Then it would be "Michel"...idiot
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [victorbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Could we perhaps see a current picture of your bike?

Also, the debate over bar tape is of great interest to me. I'm just wondering why you wrap yours the way you do. I'm not saying it's wrong or right, just wondering if there's a reason for it.

Your favorite mafia sucks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm just wondering... do you think Victorbike is watching this thread? Or did he just post and check out like he said?

No good or bad... just curious...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sorry, I think I missed something. Did Tom post anonymous photos of your bike, or pictures of your naked wife?
Quote Reply
Post deleted by astrotri [ In reply to ]
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [Ironman Bangkok] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Then it would be "Michel"...idiot[/reply]

Uhhh, in case you missed it...there's been much "gender-bending" bantering about Francois. He was even listed, at one point, in the top 10 Females during IMF. Seems you might want to think twice before you fire off you're witty insults try. Or are you still working on thinking once....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also heard that Tom "put air in a tire"

How can any of us ever talk to him again?
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [astrotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're absolutely right. I checked over my bike too. Now if only I could figure out how to keep my inner ring spotless??

Thanks for posting these pictures up again as well. They continue to be a public service.

Tom is one of the greatest resources on this forum, and ought to be treated with at least a little respect. It's not like he didn't clean up those bikes, you know? Maybe if he'd just mocked people the grudge would be fair.
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [MattinSF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]I bet there are quite a few nervous lurkers on this site, some customers or potential customers of Bikesport, who might think twice about bringing their bike to Tom's store for shipment or maintenance...[/reply]

Nonsense. I live in Ohio and plan on visiting BikeSport and probably buying gear from Tom. His "dirty pictures" have done nothing to dissuade me.

"Oh my garsh! I was ridiculed and treated unfairly on the Internet." Homey, please. Since when are 3rd graders allowed to participate in IMFL anyway?

------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I cant fucking believe I have to sign up for ironman 365 days in advance because of people like you.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [jdavis1013] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I cant fucking believe I have to sign up for ironman 365 days in advance because of people like you."

Once again proving brevity is the soul of wit. Bravo.
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Unless you are going for the Olympic ITT gold medal, you think the dimples make any difference for even FOP age groupers. Gimme a break. Most guys sit up immediately when they hit a wind gust to "control their bikes" rather than staying aero. There is more time lost from poor execution in any given 10 second snapshot on race day, than any dimple technology can yield. You guys need to look at the forest before the trees? "

Dev, you need to develop more "cosmetic bulk" like I have then you won't get blown around and you'll be able to control the Cervelo :) I plan on leaving all of the "bug splats" on my downtube from now on for aerodynamic improvements since I can't afford a dimpled disk. If I get enough of them then I may post a picture of it, complete with dirty chain on ST for the masses to ridicule.
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [astrotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do not think this bike was treated like S#$%.

Apparently you haven't seen a bike that was really neglected.

This bike has probably seen several thousand miles on the road. Some kinked housing (maybe resulting in sluggish shifting), some superficial corrosion on the brake cables and brakes (happens if you train on a bike; especially in the rain) and some spilled grease around the drivetrain (never happens , right?). This bike has seen the road, contrary to the exhibition pieces owned by some of the self proclaimed "bike-experts" on this forum (I don't want to see their "professionally" tightened stems, aerobars and brakes).

From the photos, all structural parts must have been in order and not tampered with (since they are not pointed out). I see no structural or dangerous issues with this bike. But I have seen many spotless bikes in TC that had major safety issues. Most were from people that were wrenching their own bikes and in the process did more harm than good.

So why don't you all lean back at take a break.

And no, I wouldn't have appreciated my bike being ridiculed on any forum (even if it has some issues).

And yes, I ride my bike and it shows signs of wear. But my bolts are tightned with a torque wrench and I inspect all critical parts before every ride.

So here you have it, Nazis!

adrialin

(BOMK, racing drug and supplement free since 1985)
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [MattinSF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom posts pictures of his dumbshit customers dirty/poorly maintained bikes.

Slowtwitchers are shocked!! Tom creates publicity.

One of Tom's dumbshit customers is offended that his dirty bike is made public and he puts up a post trying to make Tom look bad.

Slowtwitchers are shocked!! Tom gets free publicity.

Tom has the whole 'PT Barnum thing' figured out; Don't discriminate between good publicity and bad publicity because in the end, either type of publicity will work in your favor.

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Allan, the black Cervelo P3SL has one redeeming quality. when it is covered with excess bike grease, it just becomes part of the paint job. As for cosmetic bulk, even since I starte roller skiing to get ready for XC ski season, my legs have taken on Eric Heiden proportions, my jeans barely fit and my lats and shoulders are back to usual winter bulk. I fear that my already pathetic run has gotten even slower with all this excess weight and I am going through my usual offseason questioning of my "Jan Ullrich" winter weight gain program...

As for dimples, I should have no problem staying aero, as I will be too heavy to sit up and will have to support my weight with my skeletal system rather than my fat ass:-)
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [jdavis1013] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]I cant fucking believe I have to sign up for ironman 365 days in advance because of people like you.[/reply]

Post of the month....good gawd that is classic.
Quote Reply

Prev Next