Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: FS: Not Round Front Wheel from MyBikeShop [Donzo98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't think it has. OP was still bashing as of yesterday.

----------------------------------------------------------

Quote Reply
Re: FS: Not Round Front Wheel from MyBikeShop [wiRIDEfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wiRIDEfast wrote:
Holy duck, dive, dodge Batman. Care to address well...anything, at all?

Please dont put words into my mouth. I asked if you were calling him a liar, not claiming you were. Brian hasnt responded to this thread, maybe if he chooses to he will provide the emails or methods/timeframes of contact. Not that I dont trust you, but copying and pasting text from email doesnt mean it is the actual email. Its pretty easy to omit freely and change wording or responses as you see fit.

I dont think it is unreasonable to suggest swapping wheels, but it is pretty unreasonable to 1) expect special consideration and treatment due to YOUR order timeframe and climate/weather issues. 2) expect something to be done over 120days later. 3) claim he sell junk, make numerous postings, and a video calling him out and yet still expect the outcome that you want.

You do know that Brian posted publicly about working with you on a solution in another thread right?

No, I do not mean you should be kicking yourself for trusting him, you should be kicking yourself for buying wheels in february that have a 30 day return policy when you knew that there would be no way you could ride them in that timeframe. By purchasing them you were apparently expecting special consideration should there be any issues. At least take some responsibility, you are PART of the problem/issue.

Your bad check reference isnt remotely similar.

To me something about this case is just off. The timeframe, your explanation of events, the wheel in itself causing such a poor ride, Brian replying to ALL the other customers on here that had any issue but not you, and you not getting any sort of correspondence for 4 months after the purchase. None of that adds up to me, but it could just be me.

My offer still stands, but otherwise if you actually want to remedy the situation be the bigger man in this case. Not saying you did anything wrong (aside from some rather harsh vebage and connotation here and there) but APOLOGIZE to him, take some of the fault somehow, be willing to take a lesser credit (due to your extended "holding/rental of the wheels) towards other wheels. Offer to remove the post and video if he'll give you credit for the wheels (be nice, dont to it all blackmail/ransom-ish).

....or go guerrilla and just send the wheels back to him (with insurance and signature) ball would be in his court then, but I have a hard time believing he wouldnt credit or refund you in some way.

You can see my previous offer to make deal where everyone is happy. I was / am happy to spend more but was completely ignored.

If you look at the thread, every part of my story matches a verifiable, date stamped event. On the other hand, Brian has made claims but cannot back up a single one.

Are you telling me that he cannot copy and paste one of the many emails he relied to me with? Or a copy of the PM he sent me?

Yes, I did use them, they are still on my bike now because I bought wheels because I needed wheels... Kind of makes sense does it not?

You need to go back to April. 1 ride and immediate email to Brian and then a post in the forum 1 day later.

Kind of hard to refute those facts.

Show me one claim I've made that I have not backed up and then show 1 that Brian has backed up?

Let's make it really simple...

Brian, I hate the front wheel, I am buying a new front wheel, I have a deal with a local guy set but did not consummate the deal yet.

If you're truly interested in righting a wrong, then just put it here for the world to see. But do it quickly because I'm buying the other deal this week.

I'll be happy to hit the delete button on every post I made.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Not Round Front Wheel from MyBikeShop [mybikeshop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mybikeshop wrote:
I honestly just came across this thread now after it was linked in the MBS Sales thread. We will stand behind the following statements:

1. MBS backs everything sold.
2. This customer was contacted on several occasions via PM and email.
3. We have never received a phone call from him. For the record... 443.609.1090... email brichards@mybikeshop.com
4. We have taken back road and tri frames that customers compromised within the 30 days. Not our fault for the issues, but it's 30 days "no questions asked". Period. We stand behind our products, and we would have no reason to skate around one tri-spoke wheel when we've swallowed the loss of complete bikes.
5. We essentially work 24/7. It would be a challenge not to be able to figure out a way to get in touch with us. Email, phone, and a physical address are all on the website.

All this being said, we would still be happy to discuss the issues pertaining to the wheel with the customer. Resolving issues with a disappointed and unhappy customer, and the actions by the company taken therein, speaks far more to the character and integrity of the company than all the successful transactions combined.

Thanks to everyone for the comments, support, and feedback.

brian

Brian, I made the previous attempts, you even ignored me in your own thread when I posted nicely.

You have my email and cell... Quit expecting me to continue chasing when I've done that already and it did not work.

But fine, we're all wearing big boy pants and I don't care whether we are buddies or not.

It's really simple, plaster your offer here, pull some wheel (or wheels) out of inventory, tell me what to do with the existing front or set and let's end it.

I have a good deal locally on a nice deep carbon front and I'm going to buy it this week unless I cut a deal for a wheel from you.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Not Round Front Wheel from MyBikeShop [Goobdog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought you were buying wheels this past weekend? Again, your story and words just don't add up. Talk is cheap, so are copy and pasted text from emails. Let's see some email screenshots and call log screenshots from attempted contacts.

I think it's time to move along Gary. You bought wheels you wanted to race, and you did exactly that. Your idle threats and strong arm slander tactic no longer holds any weight here. Maybe try a get rich quick scheme forums or a buyers remorse forum.

Over 120days, you expected special consideration, yet still raced the wheels, and now are crying about it. Grow up, get lost. You didn't get taken, scammed screwed or sold junk. Your little plan for long term rental of race wheels just didnt work out the way you wanted it to.

Last edited by: wiRIDEfast: Aug 24, 15 21:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wiRIDEfast wrote:
I thought you were buying wheels this past weekend? Again, your story and words just don't add up. Talk is cheap, so are copy and pasted text from emails. Let's see some email screenshots and call log screenshots from attempted contacts.

I think it's time to move along Gary. You bought wheels you wanted to race, and you did exactly that. Your idle threats and strong arm slander tactic no longer holds any weight here. Maybe try a get rich quick scheme forums or a buyers remorse forum.

Over 120days, you expected special consideration, yet still raced the wheels, and now are crying about it. Grow up, get lost. You didn't get taken, scammed screwed or sold junk. Your little plan for long term rental of race wheels just didnt work out the way you wanted it to.

Ok big mouth...

Time for you to put up or shut up.

$250 (I'm going light because I doubt you can handle more) on the screen shots that show every email verbatim as I posted. Brian has these too so I can't cheat.

$250 on the new wheel. I have text messages with pictures, prices and location that I can supply. And since the guy is local, I can video the purchase tmorrow. Since text messages are easier to fake, no video and I lose.

Want to play?

Oh... Wait, I think I hear whimpering and excuses about to be made.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in on screenshots, I'll warn you though they'll be digitally screened to assure no alterations have been made.
I don't care about the wheel your buying. You said you were buying last week, you didn't. Game over. You said you don't buy second hand and that you buy from a shop, yet this deal isn't. Game over #2. Your words alone are proof that your word means nothing and your story doesn't add up.

I'm not a bigshot, and I'm not trying to come across as one either. I'm not an Internet tough guy, and don't pretend to be. I'm not into people trying to strong arm and slander into getting their way. I'm also not keen on the intent of damaging ones reputation and their livelihood, which is why I've pulled a lot of punches on this subject.

As for how much I can or can't handle, I do fine thank you. I'm rather young, invest, dump into kids college funds, am quite charitable, and have no debt.

Last edited by: wiRIDEfast: Aug 25, 15 4:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Goobdog, what happens when you try to call Brian? Does he just ignore the calls?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why should Brian do anything for you??? At the end of the day you tried to return the product well after the 30 days. Thread over. Stop slandering him.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Not Round Front Wheel from MyBikeShop [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll take it off your hands for $10 shipped. 22801. Let me know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WOW. I've been off this site for a few weeks enjoying the amazing Canadian summer riding and spending time with friends and family. Then I come back and log in to this awesome website which I usually enjoy very much, and I read this post. Complete garbage. So much negativity in here. And FWIW I have had awesome correspondence with mybikeshop. Get a life you people.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Were they Oval wheels?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wiRIDEfast wrote:
I'm in on screenshots, I'll warn you though they'll be digitally screened to assure no alterations have been made.
I don't care about the wheel your buying. You said you were buying last week, you didn't. Game over. You said you don't buy second hand and that you buy from a shop, yet this deal isn't. Game over #2. Your words alone are proof that your word means nothing and your story doesn't add up.

I'm not a bigshot, and I'm not trying to come across as one either. I'm not an Internet tough guy, and don't pretend to be. I'm not into people trying to strong arm and slander into getting their way. I'm also not keen on the intent of damaging ones reputation and their livelihood, which is why I've pulled a lot of punches on this subject.

As for how much I can or can't handle, I do fine thank you. I'm rather young, invest, dump into kids college funds, am quite charitable, and have no debt.

Pretty much what I expected.

Read your post to me and mine to you and tell me who is acting like the big shot. I laugh at your "experts" as I'm at least in the top 10% of the EASIEST a people to find on the internet. Websites, videos, webinars, forums, slandered, praised, etc etc. just use Google next time.

So here is how this works, we each send our money to a neutral 3rd party who holds the funds. Then the rubber hits the road and the winner (me) gets all the cash. Of course, I'll tip the bag man ...you won't need to worry about it as the loser.

We can even use that Andy guy since he's more on your side than mine but I sense that he is a trustworthy person... But of course the person will need to agree.

I must admit that I'm impressed that you didn't go 100% kitty cat although I'll wager another $250 you don't tell your wife what happened when she notices a $250 hole in you checking account.

Let's find that 3rd party bag man and get this party started.

But I have to know 1 thing, you see where I posted on Brian's thread June 28 and expressed my desire to work something out...

But you see that he completely ignored me.

So how do you reconcile this when Brian claims to have contacted me?

How are you so convinced that Brian has been forthright when he's provided nothing tangible to back his claim while I have provided so many items? Just the forum posts in Slowtwitch alone substantiate my story ...even without a single email.

I'm just really curious how you make that leap of faith?
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Not Round Front Wheel from MyBikeShop [kram] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kram wrote:
Goobdog, what happens when you try to call Brian? Does he just ignore the calls?

Calls were never answered. Not 1 post sale. In hindsight I guess my email to him warned him of why I was calling.

I figured he was doing this gig as a side deal to a regular job and could not answer calls during the day.

I really do love the looks of the wheels and kept trying to make it work but every time I ride the bike (not often enough), it just shakes the heck out of my front end.

The last straw was when I took the wheel to a local tri-shop to see if they could true the wheel and the shop owner just laughed. Said he never saw anything like it and there's nothing that can be done.
Last edited by: Goobdog: Aug 25, 15 16:34
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Not Round Front Wheel from MyBikeShop [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
Were they Oval wheels?

No, but my road bike Oval wheels were the reason I needed new wheels to begin with.

Took the bike in for a winter tune up (I wonder, when you get your bike tuned in the winter, should you expect it to work even though you can't check it until the spring?) and the oval wheel bearings were cooked.

I figured it would be a good excuse to upgrade the race bike so I put the TTR wheels on the road bike and the tri-spokes on the race bike.

And either my road bike is now faster or my tri- bike is slower as my speed gap dropped from 2 mph to 1 mph.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Geez! Why is this shit show even allowed to continue? Lick the damn thread already.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll hold the $!

This thread is more interesting than TV.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Not Round Front Wheel from MyBikeShop [brider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brider wrote:
Geez! Why is this shit show even allowed to continue? Lick the damn thread already.

Don't tell me what to or not to lick!! You're starting to sound like my wife.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Not Round Front Wheel from MyBikeShop [Culley22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Culley22 wrote:
brider wrote:

Don't tell me what to or not to lick!! You're starting to sound like my wife.

Dammit. I should know better than to type on my phone without reading glasses...

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have no problem with it, except i'm not 3rd partying any money to anyone. When I give my word, it means something, so you would not have to worry about getting your $$. slowtwitch regulates itself pretty well, so I dont think there is an issue there. You can always just start another few threads here and a youtube video.

top 10%? Ego much? Google is good, I wanted a little more in depth information. The info comes from solid data experts whom pretty much only do this this type of work. Not your basic background check type stuff. Isolating associated ips and incoming/outgoing email servers to check date and frequency of contact is pretty routine and a walk in the park for them. I'm pretty sure you're not taking the time to use military encryption messenger services, email encryptions or even a TOR client for email.

Brian has a pretty good reputation here, and is an honest guy from what I know. He is always willing to work with someone and help people out if need be from the experiences that I've had and have heard about from others. When someone phrases things like you did and goes out on a blatant attack and is slandering someone for the purpose of getting what they want in addition to hurting their reputation and livelihood, I tend to think that speaks quite a bit about the integrity of the attacker. Those reasons and your story not adding up are the reasons I believe Brian, and also the reason I even responded to this thread originally. Had you phrashed things differently I probably would not have bothered. I may have totally missed your post that he in turn ignored. I've seen at least a response or two from his end on the board, including one back where he had said he had tried to contact you numerous times. On his listing thread it shows he responded to you on the 29th, but I am probably missing something else. I guess I dont see the point or reason for him to take the time to come on here and post responses to you and others, yet ignore any other form of contact.

I dont know how my response was pretty much as you expected. In your last message you said I wouldnt be able to handle it, now I call your bluff and you say "as you expected." You are one perplexing individual, i'm starting to wonder if you're not just a troll out for fun at someone else's expense or trying to draw attention to yourself in some random marketing scheme you've drawn up.

My wife doesnt fret about expenses so no worries there. Way to try to toss in a dig though. I dont think i've come across as a big shot, and i'm certainly not the one trying to act like I'm a bigshot financially either. You brought finances into it, i dont know if it was to bluff your way out of this, spin the subject and detract from everything else, or just trying to attack someone else.

Quote Reply
Re: FS: Not Round Front Wheel from MyBikeShop [brider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brider wrote:

Jeeeezus Christ I can't believe that this is still going on.
It's a single front wheel. Holy shit, this is ridiculous...

You bought a used wheel, it wasn't perfect (though I question the validity of your claims) and now you are whining. You've spent countless hours drafting your responses and defending/attacking your actions and the actions of others.

If a couple hundred bucks on a wheel are killing you then you are definitely in the wrong sport...
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Not Round Front Wheel from MyBikeShop [mybikeshop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hay Ladies, wanna know the quality of the MBS & Brian
here's a scenario for you:
I bought a bike (with a trade) from Brian, through some ignorance on my part, I had it sent to a USPS PO Box in WA, which accepts FedEx and UPS, BUT with size restrictions, long story short, I didn't glean to the size restrictions, USPS 'bounced' the bike and sent it back to Brian. This incurred an additional $90 frt. to send it back to me.
Though I offered some $$$ here was no quibble, Brian said it was part of doing on-line business and picked up the tab. Class ! ! !

Part of the trade I was to send some additional bike goods, (chains, new shoes, cassettes, etc.), when I returned my trade to him, I included these and some additional products for a future credit.

Brian, I think there is still some 'good will' or $$$ re the 'extra' extra products sent, so Mr. Richards, to put this thread to bed, please take the extra extras and put it towards this jerk's wheel, I think I can say for all of us, we're sick and tired of hearing Ubbo's constant whining, hope there is enough there to cover it, if not then it will take some of the 'sting' out of the transaction

Feel good now Gooddog ? ? ?
I think ya F#$%ed the system, but have a good day and great Karma, Sir.

BTW Brian, the S5 has now been Di2'ed . . . . . the Hed H3's and the S5 are both phenomenal,
much better than a mistress (sorry Ladies . . . an inside joke),
thanks for putting us together
PGS
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Not Round Front Wheel from MyBikeShop [PGS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PGS wrote:
Hay Ladies, wanna know the quality of the MBS & Brian
here's a scenario for you:
I bought a bike (with a trade) from Brian, through some ignorance on my part, I had it sent to a USPS PO Box in WA, which accepts FedEx and UPS, BUT with size restrictions, long story short, I didn't glean to the size restrictions, USPS 'bounced' the bike and sent it back to Brian. This incurred an additional $90 frt. to send it back to me.
Though I offered some $$$ here was no quibble, Brian said it was part of doing on-line business and picked up the tab. Class ! ! !

Part of the trade I was to send some additional bike goods, (chains, new shoes, cassettes, etc.), when I returned my trade to him, I included these and some additional products for a future credit.

Brian, I think there is still some 'good will' or $$$ re the 'extra' extra products sent, so Mr. Richards, to put this thread to bed, please take the extra extras and put it towards this jerk's wheel, I think I can say for all of us, we're sick and tired of hearing Ubbo's constant whining, hope there is enough there to cover it, if not then it will take some of the 'sting' out of the transaction

Feel good now Gooddog ? ? ?
I think ya F#$%ed the system, but have a good day and great Karma, Sir.

BTW Brian, the S5 has now been Di2'ed . . . . . the Hed H3's and the S5 are both phenomenal,
much better than a mistress (sorry Ladies . . . an inside joke),
thanks for putting us together
PGS

So why does your success negate the facts in my case?

If you want to defend Brian then fine... but you used your facts to somehow negate my facts in my situation.

I've presented fact after fact, now try to refute a single thing I posted - you can't.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Not Round Front Wheel from MyBikeShop [rkwaki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rkwaki wrote:
brider wrote:

Jeeeezus Christ I can't believe that this is still going on.
It's a single front wheel. Holy shit, this is ridiculous...

You bought a used wheel, it wasn't perfect (though I question the validity of your claims) and now you are whining. You've spent countless hours drafting your responses and defending/attacking your actions and the actions of others.

If a couple hundred bucks on a wheel are killing you then you are definitely in the wrong sport...

It's not a matter of how much I spend or how much I earn. The point is I purchased a product in good faith and was repeatedly promised that what I was buying was good quality - or as Brian stated, "bomb proof".

As far as being in the "wrong sport"... this is the cheapest sport I've been in since high school.

I used to spend more on tires in a weekend (sometimes in 1 day) when I was racing motorcycles than I spent on this wheel set. A rear shock cost as much as a nice carbon fiber race bike but who really cares?

If I see a $20 bill floating across the parking lot, I'm jumping up from my desk and running after it.

Now let's reverse this, if it's only a "couple hundred bucks" then why is it unreasonable for Brian to take back a defective wheel? If it's only a "couple hundred bucks", why did he ignore me when I called and emailed, etc?

Why is it only a "couple hundred bucks" when it's my money?

And the facts are clear... from the very beginning I offered to buy a different set of wheels. I have never requested a straight up refund without offering to buy a different set of wheels from Brian.

So it's obvious that it has never been about the "couple of hundred" bucks and it's always been about getting a decent set of race wheels for my bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It seems day after day Brian sells gear even after your attempted bashing. He still has my full confidence and obviously others. Drop it already. Buy a new set of wheels and move on. It's what? Six months after the purchase? Prove Brian has wronged you or stop this madness. You could prob get a super cheep set of wheels from Dished!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wiRIDEfast wrote:
I have no problem with it, except i'm not 3rd partying any money to anyone. When I give my word, it means something, so you would not have to worry about getting your $$. slowtwitch regulates itself pretty well, so I dont think there is an issue there. You can always just start another few threads here and a youtube video.

top 10%? Ego much? Google is good, I wanted a little more in depth information. The info comes from solid data experts whom pretty much only do this this type of work. Not your basic background check type stuff. Isolating associated ips and incoming/outgoing email servers to check date and frequency of contact is pretty routine and a walk in the park for them. I'm pretty sure you're not taking the time to use military encryption messenger services, email encryptions or even a TOR client for email.

Brian has a pretty good reputation here, and is an honest guy from what I know. He is always willing to work with someone and help people out if need be from the experiences that I've had and have heard about from others. When someone phrases things like you did and goes out on a blatant attack and is slandering someone for the purpose of getting what they want in addition to hurting their reputation and livelihood, I tend to think that speaks quite a bit about the integrity of the attacker. Those reasons and your story not adding up are the reasons I believe Brian, and also the reason I even responded to this thread originally. Had you phrashed things differently I probably would not have bothered. I may have totally missed your post that he in turn ignored. I've seen at least a response or two from his end on the board, including one back where he had said he had tried to contact you numerous times. On his listing thread it shows he responded to you on the 29th, but I am probably missing something else. I guess I dont see the point or reason for him to take the time to come on here and post responses to you and others, yet ignore any other form of contact.

I dont know how my response was pretty much as you expected. In your last message you said I wouldnt be able to handle it, now I call your bluff and you say "as you expected." You are one perplexing individual, i'm starting to wonder if you're not just a troll out for fun at someone else's expense or trying to draw attention to yourself in some random marketing scheme you've drawn up.

My wife doesnt fret about expenses so no worries there. Way to try to toss in a dig though. I dont think i've come across as a big shot, and i'm certainly not the one trying to act like I'm a bigshot financially either. You brought finances into it, i dont know if it was to bluff your way out of this, spin the subject and detract from everything else, or just trying to attack someone else.

I never attacked you... you attacked me.

I only challenged you AFTER you made direct and inaccurate accusations. That is not "attacking", that is commonly referred to as "defending".

Here is the 1st screen shot that shows that I contacted Brian immediately after the 1st ride with his wheels. This also correlates perfectly with the 1st forum post... almost as if my story is 100% fact based (hint: it is).

Quote Reply

Prev Next