Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: T100 Triathlon World Tour (PTO 2024) [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've said it somewhere here before but I really wonder how the PTO thinks about how some of their contracted athletes like Matthews, Phillip, Laidlow are prioritizing Nice or Kona instead of the T100 series. Good for Kat that she pulled out this early so that a more willing athlete can race in San Francisco. But as you said, Ibiza comes just a week or so after Nice. So that race is just gonna be a good 4 hour catered training session for her to fulfill a contractual obligation.
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Triathlon World Tour (PTO 2024) [asianzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
asianzone wrote:
Ajax Bay wrote:
And now Matthews (insta) has pulled from San Francisco as well. Racing there a week after Hamburg (which she needs for her second IM in the Pro Series) always seemed doubtful. But having missed Singapore she now must (per contract) race Ibiza a week after Nice (but those two venues are a short flight/long drive apart and same time zone/Mediterranean environment, as opposed to N Germany to W Coast).
Who will get a '16 days to go' wildcard?
Ellie Salthouse?
Given her PTO ranking (#16), I'd have thought Salthouse has already been offered one and rejected.

Has Moench said she'll still race (I hope so: to say au revoir)? If not that's another wildcard.
Moench is ranked #15 so given PTO's maternity policy one assumes that she'll 'stick' at that ranking and consequently be offered a T100 contract for next season.
I note that Lawrence, through her excellent performance at Miami, hopped up to #9 (from #21) before sharing she was in the club. Quality timing.
runningeconomy wrote:
. . . I really wonder how the PTO thinks about how some of their contracted athletes like Matthews, Phillip, Laidlow are prioritizing Nice or Kona instead of the T100 series. Good for Kat that she pulled out this early so that a more willing athlete can race in San Francisco. But as you said, Ibiza comes just a week or so after Nice. So that race is just gonna be a good 4 hour catered training session for her to fulfill a contractual obligation.
I think most Nice bound athletes with a T100 contract will be doing that Ibiza training/recovery camp. In fact I think there's merit in hiring a van to transport all the bikes and drive round and over the ferry! All the favourites for Nice (all T100 contracted athletes, and all now validated/qualified) are in the same boat (number of missed T100s before London in brackets): Haug (2), Ryf (2), Sodaro (1), Philipp (2), Matthews (2), Lee (0), (not Moench now). Let's hope the catering (from Tuesday to Sunday and during the race itself) is up to scratch. I hope they find a run route which takes in some uneven surfaces as the WT LD World Champs at Ibiza did (and Pierré raced so well).
Spivey, Knibb, Duffy, Gentle and LCB can duke it out at the front.

Las Vegas for the boys: a totally less doable combo and this means a slew of wildcards for that race (MPro).
Last edited by: Ajax Bay: May 24, 24 3:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ajax Bay wrote:
asianzone wrote:
Ajax Bay wrote:
And now Matthews (insta) has pulled from San Francisco as well. Racing there a week after Hamburg (which she needs for her second IM in the Pro Series) always seemed doubtful. But having missed Singapore she now must (per contract) race Ibiza a week after Nice (but those two venues are a short flight/long drive apart and same time zone/Mediterranean environment, as opposed to N Germany to W Coast).
Ellie Salthouse?
Given her PTO ranking (#16), I'd have thought Salthouse has already been offered one and rejected.

Has Moench said she'll still race (I hope so: to say au revoir)? If not that's another wildcard.
Moench is ranked #15 so given PTO's maternity policy one assumes that she'll 'stick' at that ranking and consequently be offered a T100 contract for next season.
I note that Lawrence, through her excellent performance at Miami, hopped up to #9 (from #21) before sharing she was in the club. Quality timing.

Don’t think Moench is racing as she is not exactly training consistently (Insta update)

You are right about Salthouse. Guess if they need two wildcards now, it will go quite far down the rankings. Can’t think of anyone that will make a major impact TBH

Is the maternity policy mean you hold the ranking or hold the points when you go on maternity leave. Doubt it makes much of a difference for Holly but 15th for Moench is borderline
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear about Kat. It sounds like it's just cautious to avoid overuseinjury. Smart decision.

It sucks to think the training volume required to support the high frequency and level of races is going to take its toll.

So it's just more likely to happen with others as the season progresses?

From the PTO side, you have to be a little annoyed. She's worried about overuse injury so she's going to train to race over 2x the distance instead of racing a shorter one that's built a team of investors paying specifically to film you racing their races.

This review of running injuries wasn't very conclusive, but it was interesting:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/...articles/PMC7856562/

But if you take it at face value the previous injury is more likely to be aggravated from longer runs.

Of course the doctors reviewing apparently thought running more than 20km overall per week was a "long distance" runner. I guess we're all in trouble then!

Still the point stands, more is more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
asianzone wrote:
Ajax Bay wrote:
asianzone wrote:
Ajax Bay wrote:
Ellie Salthouse?

Don’t think Moench is racing as she is not exactly training consistently (Insta update)

You are right about Salthouse. Guess if they need two wildcards now, it will go quite far down the rankings. Can’t think of anyone that will make a major impact TBH

Is the maternity policy mean you hold the ranking or hold the points when you go on maternity leave. Doubt it makes much of a difference for Holly but 15th for Moench is borderline

Maybe they’ll offer the spots to some short course ladies not going to Paris after Cagliari this weekend.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Triathlon World Tour (PTO 2024) [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JackStraw13 wrote:
asianzone wrote:
Ajax Bay wrote:
asianzone wrote:
Ajax Bay wrote:
Ellie Salthouse?

Maybe they’ll offer the spots to some short course ladies not going to Paris after Cagliari this weekend.

Coldwell, Kasper, Zaferes?

Spaniard. Sorry for my english for the sensitive ones :P
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Triathlon World Tour (PTO 2024) [juanillo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
juanillo wrote:
JackStraw13 wrote:
asianzone wrote:
Ajax Bay wrote:
asianzone wrote:
Ajax Bay wrote:
Matthews (insta) has pulled from San Francisco as well. Who will get a '16 days to go' wildcard?
Ellie Salthouse?
Bergsten and Santimaria
https://stats.protriathletes.org/athlete/anna-bergsten (40 seconds behind Madsen at Samorin)
Last edited by: Ajax Bay: May 23, 24 14:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ajax Bay wrote:
juanillo wrote:
JackStraw13 wrote:
asianzone wrote:
Ajax Bay wrote:
asianzone wrote:
Ajax Bay wrote:
Matthews (insta) has pulled from San Francisco as well. Who will get a '16 days to go' wildcard?
Ellie Salthouse?
Bergsten and Santimaria
https://stats.protriathletes.org/athlete/anna-bergsten (40 seconds behind Madsen at Samorin)

They actually have a published wait list put out weeks ago on world triathlon and are working their way through it, exactly rhe same as the world tri system. DeBoer will be the next added if anymore drop outs.
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Triathlon World Tour (PTO 2024) [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The irony is Kat tore her calf from racing in Miami but ran a marathon pretty well in Texas with very little run training.
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Triathlon World Tour (PTO 2024) [runningeconomy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. Depends on what "pretty well" means. She ran 11 minutes slower than last year.
2. Kat normally races on a relatively low volume of run training relative to her peers, so the post injury period may have been less of a shock to the system than it would've been for most pros.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
asianzone wrote:
Ajax Bay wrote:
asianzone wrote:
Ajax Bay wrote:
Ellie Salthouse?

I understand it that you don’t hold your ranking on Maternity but you are paid for up to 15min the a monthly salary based on your ranking sport at the time of taking maternity which is the end of year bonus for that ranking position divided by 12.

It should mean both drop out of the ranking for the T100 next year and would need Hot Shot slots to get a contracted space.
Quote Reply

Prev Next