Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: T100 Triathlon World Tour (PTO 2024) [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Id love to see Eric get a start, but I’m sure he’d be interested unless it was the actual Escape course, which is highly unlikely.

Glad they sorted this out. I'd love to see the details.

Last edited by: Lagoon: May 9, 24 10:09
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Triathlon World Tour (PTO 2024) [Lagoon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lagoon wrote:
I am surprised there hasn't been more conversation about this over here as it seems to have caused a fair bit of uproar on IG. Of course this is all coming out in the wake of Youri winning since he's not in a Registered Testing Pool and his coach's former team all got busted for doping at the last Olympics. This does seem to be a major oversight by the PTO and I hope they sort is out ASAP as every single athlete, especially contracted ones, should be tested out of competition. Take the money from the prize pool if necessary.
Ajax Bay wrote:
Items promised for which we are waiting:
  • Location of Grand Final (some leakage already)
  • Activation of a drug testing programme for T100 athletes
  • Reveal of contract
  • Story behind Malibu donation (not going to be a T100 venue)
Here's what Renouf said (on the main ProTriNews interview the day after they shared all the T100 details):
https://podcasts.apple.com/...1865?i=1000643541010
@32:50 Drug testing: "clear plan for doing this, in and OOC programme, in conjunction with World Triathlon, for all T100 athletes and also [lower ranked] others" (inferentially those liable to get wildcards).
"at the right time that can be part of the narrative"
Clearly it's "the right time": RTP for T100 to start forthwith:
https://www.instagram.com/p/C6wFxb_riGc/
Is Keulen "on the T100 Tour" or is he a perpetual wildcard? I imagine he wants to be in the RTP with urgency.
They can't put every wildcard in their RTP (expense), surely.
Michal_CH wrote:
runningeconomy wrote:
. . latest PTN pod and Jack Kelly's episode with Tim Hemming.
May 1: . . . both Jack & Talbot agreed with PTO to speak-up now, knowing PTO has a drafted response ready to be made public. It'd then work as a "we listen to you & react adequately" message.
Well estimated Michal!!
Last edited by: Ajax Bay: May 9, 24 12:16
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Triathlon World Tour (PTO 2024) [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Keulen now has a contract for the rest of the series, so I imagine there aren't any obstacles to putting him on wherebouts other than formal obstacles possibly created by World Tri (as they will be in charge of the execution, for sure).

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ajax Bay wrote:

No LCB!! Why? She said she'd be racing every one.

Bit of a life change due to a newly diagnosed health issue.

Quote Reply
Re: T100 Triathlon World Tour (PTO 2024) [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems like a relatively easy, but annoying, thing to take control of. The rest of the field are probably bummed she’s only going to get faster.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lagoon wrote:
Seems like a relatively easy, but annoying, thing to take control of. The rest of the field are probably bummed she’s only going to get faster.

Didn’t know a food allergy affected bike handling skills….
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Triathlon World Tour (PTO 2024) [An_apple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn’t know a food allergy affected bike handling skills….[/quote]

Like in Singapore where she was terrible right? ….
Last edited by: Redgeware: May 9, 24 20:59
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Triathlon World Tour (PTO 2024) [Redgeware] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Redgeware wrote:
Didn’t know a food allergy affected bike handling skills….

Like in Singapore where she was terrible right? ….[/quote]
Yeah that's a pretty ignorant take.

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lagoon wrote:
Here's the PTO announcement, with details:
https://protriathletes.org/...nti-doping-measures/
wef 7 May (edited):
  • One global TRI Registered Testing Pool (RTP) including T100 contracted athletes who were not already in an RTP.
  • Inclusion of T100 wildcards after an athlete's third race
  • Coordination by the ITA, on behalf of World Triathlon

"These anti-doping measures underpin everything in the partnership between World Triathlon and the PTO and cement the T100 Triathlon World Tour as ‘the official World Championship Tour of long distance triathlon’."

The following athletes would seem to be swept up by this (several have been in an RTP for years but not in April 2024):
Byram
Lawrence (?, has her contract lapsed?)
Lee
Margirier
West
Kanute
McNamee
Neumann (is he still contracted?)

Get used to Whereabouts guys!

and if they get one more wildcard:
Buckingham
Kivioja
Chura
Keulen
Last edited by: Ajax Bay: May 10, 24 5:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ajax Bay wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
wef 7 May (edited):
  • One global TRI Registered Testing Pool (RTP) including T100 contracted athletes who were not already in an RTP.

"These anti-doping measures underpin everything in the partnership between World Triathlon and the PTO and cement the T100 Triathlon World Tour as ‘the official World Championship Tour of long distance triathlon’."

Aren’t we calling T100 & 70.3 middle distance these days?

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JackStraw13 wrote:
Ajax Bay wrote:
Men's start list added today (but only 16: no wildcards):
https://stats.protriathletes.org/...00/2024/participants
Baekkegaard, Chevalier and Laidlow missing, and still no sign of Neumann.
Van Riel there, as previously heralded. I do hope he's not adversely affecting his build up to his Olympic dream (to achieve an even better place than in Tokyo).
Brownlee (fit again?) and Gomez on it too.
Assume Keulen will be added as one of four wildcards.
Will a rib stress fracture stop he who must not be named (PTO Rank #20) from accepting the wildcard he has surely been offered? Can he rehab in less than 50 days from injury?
Laundry a possible wildcard? And maybe Appo (after IMOz success) and Stepniak (after #7 in Singapore)
Will the PTO delay on the last wildcard slot till after Mallorca and Iden's comeback?

https://stats.protriathletes.org/rankings/men

I’d love to see Lagerstrom get a wildcard considering his past success at Escape from Alcatraz.
Only 4 wildcards per both races, reflecting the average number of wildcards for all the remaining regular T100 races.
McCauley
Thek
Metzler
Kivioja
(Chura turned an offer down - why?)
Smith
Koolhaas
Noodt
Laundry
(Keulen turned an offer down - he is concentrating on estimating how far 10m looks when you're behind another athlete. Though tbf those red flashing lights are a clue.)
Neumann (ProTriNews) looks like not racing T100s (despite contracted) and racing IM Cairns to qualify for Kona.

Contracted athletes not starting:
LCB (why? - coeliac diagnosis doesn't stop training and racing, does it. Will she be OK for London?), Lawrence (obv), and Spivey and Duffy (who both raced superbly in Japan yesterday)
Neumann, Baekkegaard, Laidlow (why), Chevalier
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ajax Bay wrote:
JackStraw13 wrote:
Ajax Bay wrote:
Van Riel there, as previously heralded. I do hope he's not adversely affecting his build up to his Olympic dream (to achieve an even better place than in Tokyo).
Will a rib stress fracture stop he who must not be named (PTO Rank #20) from accepting the wildcard he has surely been offered? Can he rehab in less than 50 days from injury?
Laundry a possible wildcard? And maybe Appo (after IMOz success) and Stepniak (after #7 in Singapore)
Will the PTO delay on the last wildcard slot till after Mallorca and Iden's comeback?

I’d love to see Lagerstrom get a wildcard considering his past success at Escape from Alcatraz.

Only 4 wildcards per both races, reflecting the average number of wildcards for all the remaining regular T100 races.
McCauley
Thek
Metzler
Kivioja
Smith
Koolhaas
Noodt
Laundry
(Keulen turned an offer down - he is concentrating on estimating how far 10m looks when you're behind another athlete. Though tbf those red flashing lights are a clue.)
Neumann (ProTriNews) looks like not racing T100s (despite contracted) and racing IM Cairns to qualify for Kona.

LCB (why? - coeliac diagnosis doesn't stop training and racing, does it. Will she be OK for London?), Lawrence (obv), and Spivey and Duffy (who both raced superbly in Japan yesterday)

I wonder if LCB is skipping San Fran because she is worried about the bike course being very technical. She does almost all her training indoors and I don’t know if she is that confident with her bike handling skills. I also think that is the real reason she not doing Nice this year. It’s definitely her prerogative to choose the races she thinks best suit he skill set, but would also be nice to see her face new challenges.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Triathlon World Tour (PTO 2024) [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
Ajax Bay wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
wef 7 May (edited):

Aren’t we calling T100 & 70.3 middle distance these days?
In the World Triathlon lexicon it's either 'short' or 'long': there's no middle way.
Holly Lawrence talks about the impact of the revelation (to some) that not all athletes racing T100 are in an RTP.
Here at 24:55: https://podcasts.apple.com/...3615?i=1000653935534
Her criticism (entirely justified I think) is that the context and detail was not sufficiently included: eg several of the list were removed by Ironman from its RTP on 1 April (eg her and West, et alii).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JackStraw13 wrote:
Ajax Bay wrote:
JackStraw13 wrote:
Ajax Bay wrote:

McCauley
Thek
Metzler
Kivioja
Smith
Koolhaas
Noodt
Laundry

I wonder if LCB is skipping San Fran because she is worried about the bike course being very technical. She does almost all her training indoors and I don’t know if she is that confident with her bike handling skills. I also think that is the real reason she not doing Nice this year. It’s definitely her prerogative to choose the races she thinks best suit he skill set, but would also be nice to see her face new challenges.

Is Max Neuman still a contracted athlete? A no-show in SF means he will be missing 3 and he is clearly fit if he is doing IM Cairns? PTO surely can’t be making an exception otherwise others will be asking for one if needed?
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Triathlon World Tour (PTO 2024) [asianzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
asianzone wrote:
Is Max Neuman still a contracted athlete? A no-show in SF means he will be missing 3 and he is clearly fit if he is doing IM Cairns? PTO surely can’t be making an exception otherwise others will be asking for one if needed?
This was discussed on the PTN podcast with Pat saying hes heard rumors Max is basically ignoring the PTO and deciding not to do the series. He expects the PTO to make an example out of him. Not a good look for sure.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Triathlon World Tour (PTO 2024) [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
asianzone wrote:
This was discussed on the PTN podcast with Pat saying hes heard rumors Max is basically ignoring the PTO and deciding not to do the series. He expects the PTO to make an example out of him. Not a good look for sure.

Surely that’s very unprofessional and a breached of contract as well. I wouldn’t sponsor an athlete or give him the time of day if this is true
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
asianzone wrote:
realbdeal wrote:
asianzone wrote:

Surely that’s very unprofessional and a breached of contract as well. I wouldn’t sponsor an athlete or give him the time of day if this is true
I'd certainly hope they have a provision to claw back 100% of the money already paid if the rumors are true.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
asianzone wrote:
JackStraw13 wrote:
Ajax Bay wrote:
JackStraw13 wrote:
Ajax Bay wrote:

McCauley
Thek
Metzler
Kivioja
Smith
Koolhaas
Noodt
Laundry

Max isn't on Cairns start list that i can see so he is obviously not racing it and must still be having injury issues. Fact check before bad mouthing might be a good idea.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You do realise the contracted athletes only have to race 6 out of 8 races right? LCB not racing San fran is the same as Mathews and Ryf etc not racing Singapore.
Last edited by: Redgeware: May 12, 24 14:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wonder if LCB is skipping San Fran because she is worried about the bike course being very technical. She does almost all her training indoors and I don’t know if she is that confident with her bike handling skills. I also think that is the real reason she not doing Nice this year. It’s definitely her prerogative to choose the races she thinks best suit he skill set, but would also be nice to see her face new challenges.[/quote]

I thought the same, maybe she is ducking but then she had the fastest bike split in Singapore which was both hilly and technical and from the live feed looked like she was taking the corners really well. Then she put out a post race video saying she has been really working on her handling skills. Perhaps she recognised it was a weakness and has worked on it?
Last edited by: Redgeware: May 12, 24 14:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It comes up another time, so I'll jump-in...

Lucy isn't the best bike handler, not even in the women's field. Ryf is definitely better, same for Knibb etc. But Lucy's at least decent. You can't be at least decent to be effectively training in Lanzarote, full stop. The way I want you to look at it is the following: among women Lucy is a better bike handler than Lionel is among men, by a solid margin. If you still don't believe me, think of these 2 riding on a circular race track, and who hit the asphalt with a pedal...

London to US west coast is a long travel, for a single race & back. If she can skip a race to prepare better at home, she would do it. She did it before Kona last year, but this time she doesn't need to do any heat preparation. Her main goal at the moment is to win in T100 London to make her a T100 leader before it comes to the Grand Final. It'd please the sponsors enormously as well.
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Triathlon World Tour (PTO 2024) [Michal_CH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Michal_CH wrote:
It comes up another time, so I'll jump-in...

Lucy isn't the best bike handler, not even in the women's field. Ryf is definitely better, same for Knibb etc. But Lucy's at least decent. You can't be at least decent to be effectively training in Lanzarote, full stop. The way I want you to look at it is the following: among women Lucy is a better bike handler than Lionel is among men, by a solid margin. If you still don't believe me, think of these 2 riding on a circular race track, and who hit the asphalt with a pedal...

London to US west coast is a long travel, for a single race & back. If she can skip a race to prepare better at home, she would do it. She did it before Kona last year, but this time she doesn't need to do any heat preparation. Her main goal at the moment is to win in T100 London to make her a T100 leader before it comes to the Grand Final. It'd please the sponsors enormously as well.

I just figured she’d love that hard, cold swim in the bay. I imagine she’d put more time than normal into Ash and it would be between her and Knibb for the win.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Redgeware wrote:
You do realise the contracted athletes only have to race 6 out of 8 races right? LCB not racing San fran is the same as Mathews and Ryf etc not racing Singapore.
Yes I do realise that. The difference is that Matthews intended to and did race IM Texas in April and Ryf raced IM SA: both so they could qualify/validate for Nice. LCB has said she's concentrating solely on T100, not racing IMs in particular not Nice, and so could race every T100 (at least that was my impression at the launch in London).
However she might wish to slip in a 70.3 so she's validated for Taupo: maybe that's why she's missing San Francisco. Not racing from Singapore till London is a very long period of the year not to race. Having said that, the 11 weeks from late September (Ibiza) to Taupo in mid December is set to be a heavy racing block of 5 races an average of less than 3 weeks apart) so taking 15 weeks off is a strategic move. Or maybe SF is a long trip and with two excellent scores she feels the pressure is off.
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Triathlon World Tour (PTO 2024) [chrisb12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chrisb12 wrote:
Max isn't on Cairns start list that i can see so he is obviously not racing it and must still be having injury issues. Fact check before bad mouthing might be a good idea.
You are the only person I've seen suggest he has injury issues. Even the Aussies think he's ditching the PTO. For the Singapore race he apparently had family things to attend to, but now he is just blowing off the series. He has every right to do that if he wants to focus on Kona, but he won't be welcome back to the series next year and hopefully won't get a dime from them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well he isn't on the start list for Cairns as stated so I am just assuming is possibly injury. He and GF were in Aus around Singapore so "family issues" is likely true too. Pretty sure their socials show back in Europe making Cairns even less likely to have even been a consideration.
Last edited by: chrisb12: May 12, 24 19:20
Quote Reply

Prev Next