Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Re: [BenwGoodfellow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BenwGoodfellow wrote:
[[/font]

This BTA bottle holder is pretty much what is being talked about:

https://www.absolute-speed.com/...s/absolute-speed-bta

For those that are using setups like this, are you able to grab the bta bottle and drink without getting out of aero?

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Re: [BenwGoodfellow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Magnus in Miami not following the trend.....wonder why that is ?

Quote Reply
Re: Re: [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
BenwGoodfellow wrote:
[[/font]

This BTA bottle holder is pretty much what is being talked about:

https://www.absolute-speed.com/...s/absolute-speed-bta

For those that are using setups like this, are you able to grab the bta bottle and drink without getting out of aero?

You get higher, but don't sit all the way up. Sam Long stays pretty low when he does it. As often as possible I'm doing it going up climbs, so it's not such a loss.

But ya. I've considered the fact that you don't hold position. For this reason I did prefer the hydration bladder, but oh well.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [kajet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kajet wrote:
Nillsvdb wrote:
Sorry to disappoint you but in Protrinews podcast it was confirmed Jan Frodeno is coaching Lionel - exciting stuff!

Just keep in mind that the disclaimer played at the beginning of every ProTriNews episode should be taken literally.

I truly believe that it is true this time. I know they have been too quick with info at times, but this is actually happening...

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If true we need a Jack Kelly podcast where they announce it and discuss their plans.
(Kind of pink)
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [ProActiveNW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mark Mathews said on the podcast Jan confirmed it to him directly, so unless he is making up conversations he never had..

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know that Sanders doesn't have the best history when it comes to keeping coaches, but there a few bright lights if this rumour is true:
-Frodeno might have enough star power to tell Lionel things he doesn't want to hear
-Sanders genuinely seems to portray that he has only a few more years at the top level of the sport and so there's no more messing around.
Last edited by: timbasile: May 28, 24 10:24
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:
I know that Sanders doesn't have the best history when it comes to keeping coaches, but there a few bright lights if this rumour is true:
-Frodeno might have enough star power to tell Lionel things he doesn't want to hear
-Sanders genuinely seems to portray that he has only a few more years at the top level of the sport and so there's no more messing around.

this rumor is true.

If there is one person in this world Lionel will listen to, it's Jan.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd guess we'll see Lionel in Ryzon pretty soon. Smart move for Jan to bundle his services as part of the deal if so.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While itā€™s possible that Frodeno is coaching Lionel, hereā€™s why Iā€™m so intent on getting to the bottom of it and somewhat doubting the authoritative triathlon news source (that was placing Max Neumann at IM Cairns a couple of weeks ago):

1. Frodeno is 100% professional.

2. Professionals are hesitant to get hired for high responsibility jobs they have no experience doing.

3. When people pass on news mouth to mouth, WhatsApp message to WhatsApp message, nuance is lost. Maybe Frodeno is giving Sanders occasional feedback. Maybe heā€™s an ā€œadvisorā€, David Tilbury-Davis style. Maybe heā€™s helping with race calendar strategy. But someone hears ā€œCOACHā€ (because, letā€™s face it, itā€™s what we all want to hear šŸ˜Ž). Or maybe heā€™s trolling, telling Matthews and others jokes about coaching Lionel which they play along with (or just take literally)?

4. If Frodeno had a standing coaching relationship with Lionel, why would they be cagey about it? They would be exploiting the crap out of it. Frodeno is a total media beast and a hilarious dude who can be supportive like a father, who can mess with guys, make a show of anything. He shines and makes people shine. The Canyon and Feed promo videos of this week would have triple the view number if they really featured Frodo instead of giving him a blurry one-second cameo appearance.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Last edited by: kajet: May 28, 24 10:55
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [kajet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kajet wrote:
If Frodeno had a standing coaching relationship with Lionel, why would they be cagey about it? They would be exploiting the crap out of it. Frodeno is a total media beast and a hilarious dude who can be supportive like a father, who can mess with guys, make a show of anything. He shines and makes people shine. The Canyon and Feed promo videos of this week would have triple the view number if they really featured Frodo instead of giving him a blurry one-second cameo appearance.

They're building hype. Remember the tri-battle how they made it seem like it was like dare decided on a whim via social media but was clearly a well orchestrated, planned event between two guys who shared a lot of the same sponsors? They're getting the rumour mill going, and at some point there's going to be a big "reveal". They've got plenty of time to milk this cow.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lurker4 wrote:
I'd guess we'll see Lionel in Ryzon pretty soon. Smart move for Jan to bundle his services as part of the deal if so.

And as we speak, someone is painting Met Drone helmet with 'The Feed' logo matching color of that Ryzon kit.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thatā€™s a sensible theory, too.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply

Prev Next