Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [kajet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kajet wrote:
strangename wrote:
It's not cringe. If I were to believe every video showing something saves you 10 watts, then I should be able to reach 50kph with negative watts.

This. People are quoting the numbers released by Specialized years ago in a YouTube video as if they’re gospel. Or, “common knowledge”. 😂Meanwhile in every avenue other than hairy legs we expect peer-reviewed studies published in reputable journals and confirmed by countless other peer-reviewed studies published in reputable journals… and then it’s natural for the mainstream scientific view to evolve. But hairy legs? Duh, a watt per hair, obviously!

I'd say we expect NO aero claims to be peer reviewed. If they are on youtube, they are "real".

I had this conversation with Lionel himself who immediately spotted inconsistencies from one venue to another.

"why I am .198 on the road and .230 on the track ?"

"because that .198 is with a massive cross wind while using a disc wheel and getting sailing effect. That .230 is using a CRR that makes absolutely no sense for a velodrome".
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ya, that's my worry about some of this aero testing. How much weight can you put into one test. So many variables it's an exercise in confirmation bias, convenience sample bias etc.

Hopefully with all the multiple tests he's doing he getting very positive trends and not contradictions!
Quote Reply

Prev Next