Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [buzz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got me, that dude has a motor.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go LFF!
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
RandMart wrote:
Funny commentary about Alaphillipe getting a bottle from Patrick Lefevere off the roadside

"I think Lefevere forgot it was him?"
"Maybe the bottle was empty?"
"'Here's a bottle of dust, Julian'"

Hannah actually got to corner Lefevere post-race, and basically asked "How was that?"
"That was good. He still needs to win, though"

"Or else" was heavily implied

Ok, Patrick, now go fuck right off!!!

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow. was that a better ride than V-P-P? than Narvaez? than Sanchez to beat him?
there have been a $hit-ton of amazing stages already.
Just looking at the slower moving chess game of gc riders/teams - it looks like a lot of defense. I wonder what Saturday will look like - probably a brutal team workers procession until the last 10k. this race looks brutally hard.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [fredericknorton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Despite the GC snooze fest, this has indeed been an exciting race. The Giro is bringing it with these good rides.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [fredericknorton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fredericknorton wrote:
wow. was that a better ride than V-P-P? than Narvaez? than Sanchez to beat him?

It was a remarkable ride. The gap was around 1:00-2:00 for a loooong time with a lot of firepower chasing two guys. And then one guy.

I think they underestimated LFF by a fair amount in not working with a sense of urgency from a lot further out. Didn't help that the break was too big to promote good cohesion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gosh what a nightmare crash in Vuelta a Burgos Feminas. It gave me Jakobsen vibes. Balsamo has a broken nose, concussion, broken hand and whatever else.
Last edited by: likes_bikes: May 16, 24 9:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ala going old skool and with flair. Love it. And how he just goes about his business.

After tomorrow’s snoozer Ferris should be well rested and climbing the walls. Imagine he’s going to lite it up this weekend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It'll be a big weekend for him. I bet its hard not taking almost every stage. ;)

Sammy Ben showing signs of life for the second day in a row by soaking up the Van Rysel magic. I'm going to get one of those bikes and start flying!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Ala going old skool and with flair. Love it. And how he just goes about his business.

Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [likes_bikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
likes_bikes wrote:
Gosh what a nightmare crash in Vuelta a Burgos Feminas. It gave me Jakobsen vibes. Balsamo has a broken nose, concussion, broken hand and whatever else.

Yeesh, not going to watch the replay. Hope she's fine.

Mixed feelings about MdVP choosing Olympic RR over MTB. Dutch v. Belgies in the RR will be great. OTOH, I would immensely enjoy watching Piddles get smacked down by MdVP (if that were to happen, of course Piddles is perfectly capable of beating MdVP in MTB, and the full-time XCers might also have something to say in the matter).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sure the full time MTBers will be happy to see this news. Must really grind their gears to be MTB lifers and have dudes just parachute in like that. I think Pidcock intends to defend his gold, right? Has he indicated any kind of an XC schedule? He's supposed to ride the Tour too isn't he?
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ClayDavis wrote:
I'm sure the full time MTBers will be happy to see this news. Must really grind their gears to be MTB lifers and have dudes just parachute in like that. I think Pidcock intends to defend his gold, right? Has he indicated any kind of an XC schedule? He's supposed to ride the Tour too isn't he?

Yeah, he's going to be starting the XC race eight days after the end of the Tour. Almost literally parachuting in.

Really more added pressure on the full-timers to take care of business against the roadie.

I don't know if Pidcock is planning to participate in any World Cup events between now and then.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Go LFF!

So cool.
And kudos to The Maestro!
Those guys smashed it.
Master class in working together.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The best moment for the two, I think, was after the top of the penultimate climb when Alaphilippe gave Maestri a pat on the back/butt to say "See, that wasn't so bad? We still have a bunch of time on them"

What's the acronym for LFG/"Let's fucking GO!!!" in French? Or Italian, for that matter?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Mixed feelings about MdVP choosing Olympic RR over MTB. Dutch v. Belgies in the RR will be great. OTOH, I would immensely enjoy watching Piddles get smacked down by MdVP (if that were to happen, of course Piddles is perfectly capable of beating MdVP in MTB, and the full-time XCers might also have something to say in the matter).

Maybe Sagan texted him on it… The RR course is a good fit, can see why he wants to take a shot. And there’s always come back to the MTB when he’s bored of winning everything on the road. Plus, being WC and OC at same time? He’d have a helluva bike paint scheme.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vento Forte day at the Giro
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Plus, being WC and OC at same time? He’d have a helluva bike paint scheme.

Shame he's not Irish; y'know the gold + rainbows thing?

Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some real racing happening in Charleston, WVa Sunday. US Pro Nats. I've got my protege (a little Cat 3 humor there) racing against the big boys. Complex strategy: find Bam Bam's wheel and stay as close to it for as long as possible. Then, um, go around him?
I think our brain trust came up with the same strategy last year. No rain hopefully this year.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Us Nats - WVa - keeping McNulty close is good strategy (execution is likely the issue). In the men's race - I'll be curious if Stites can get the better of the World Tour guys. Will Stites having a team be a benefit on this course? After his knee issues this Spring - I'm pulling for Powless.
On the women's side - I can't find a start list - I'm very curious if Knibb has any intention of giving this a go. If she doesn't I have to think if Faulkner can win it's a strong result for any hope she has to getting an Olympic rr start over Knibb.

I said Saturday for the mountain gc showdown in Livigno - but there's a pan flat 30k tt saturday with the mountain slog sunday. after some amazing racing - the battles for the break have been incredible - I'll forgive a slow burn until the last 10k of that marathon sunday stage.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did not expect Ganna and Ineos deciding to disrupt a pan flat sprint stage. Not sure what their goal is since they don't have a sprinter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jon Milan doing a lot of work to get back. Or not.
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: May 17, 24 7:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just getting a little warmup before the ITT.
Quote Reply

Prev Next