Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't realize Sagan was there? All I caught was the horrible sprint finish.

That was a great stage in the Giro today too. It's nice to see Valgren back to a high level.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike Plumb wrote:
nice too see Peter Sagan back in the peloton again.

I wonder what this means for his Olympic aspirations, though. It could mean he's given up on getting Slovakia an XC spot. Otherwise I would assume he'd be be training solely to do well at World Cups.

I wonder if he's switched gears to making the road team. I think it's much easier to get a road spot than a MTB spot. There are only 34 MTB spots, and a bunch of teams have two guys qualified.

Or maybe he's just decided to have fun...which is cool.
Last edited by: trail: May 8, 24 17:05
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [likes_bikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The sprinter’s had their fun but let’s get back to it: strade bianche on tap for tomorrow’s stage.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
The sprinter’s had their fun but let’s get back to it: strade bianche on tap for tomorrow’s stage.

Nice to see the LFF trying to get away today.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here we go, let’s hope Ala can get some.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny commentary about Alaphillipe getting a bottle from Patrick Lefevere off the roadside

"I think Lefevere forgot it was him?"
"Maybe the bottle was empty?"
"'Here's a bottle of dust, Julian'"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Last edited by: RandMart: May 9, 24 8:30
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fast recovery for Mr. Martinez.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ala knows how to ride a break. Gets the most out of his mates.
Smooooth.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh Ala, you went too early.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

Sanchez was so strong and made Ala come through at 1 k. Smart ride.

The Giro is cool.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

He did, but it wasn't a terrible play to establish the inside position on the right turn into the line. But yeah, he probably still could have locked down the inside 50m later.

Still refreshing to see him fighting for a win, though. Though I hope this doesn't mean he's now reduced to fighting for wins in small breaks on GC-neutralized days. Like Sagan's last few years.

And though not a huge fan of the guy, nice to see another old timer do well in Hungary.
Last edited by: trail: May 9, 24 10:35
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:

And though not a huge fan of the guy, nice to see another old timer do well in Hungary.

It always cracks me up when he wins. Hugs for everyone!
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
can't believe he won that sprint, thought for sure he went to early and thought for sure he would get passed at the line, but... he held on.
Kind of a dick move on the post race interview, yes he did explain that the team really took care of him today and gave him a great lead out but then the interviewer asks "You had perfect lead out?" Cav "I just spent 5 minutes telling you I had a perfect lead out"

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Last edited by: Mike Plumb: May 9, 24 16:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Funny commentary about Alaphillipe getting a bottle from Patrick Lefevere off the roadside

Hannah actually got to corner Lefevere post-race, and basically asked "How was that?"
"That was good. He still needs to win, though"

"Or else" was heavily implied

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
RandMart wrote:

Hannah actually got to corner Lefevere post-race, and basically asked "How was that?"
"That was good. He still needs to win, though"

"Or else" was heavily implied

Mr. Potato Head strikes again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like that name for that turd of a person.

ITT day. Looks good for Pog, Thomas, Martinez, O'Connor. Not so good for Cian et all. I can see the Chef taking a top 5 too.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [likes_bikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
likes_bikes wrote:
I like that name for that turd of a person.

ITT day. Looks good for Pog, Thomas, Martinez, O'Connor. Not so good for Cian et all. I can see the Chef taking a top 5 too.

Mr Martinez had looked solid along with Bora overall.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IceBjerg is looking quick out there.

I can't believe that fan hit Ganna as he started his ride. These idiots need to have some respect. Thankfully he proceeded to nuke that TT and catch 7 riders by my count.
Last edited by: likes_bikes: May 10, 24 6:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's pretty windy out there. I almost (almost!) feel bad for the little climber types who are going to get blown all over the road while they suffer like dogs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ganna equipped with the Classified Powershift for the fast time. If he holds on to win, does that mean I need to run out and buy one of my own?

also Pog back in the two tone skin suit.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you don't buy one you would be a fool!

I wonder what they will do with Pog...incoming ban. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
torrey wrote:
Ganna equipped with the Classified Powershift for the fast time. If he holds on to win, does that mean I need to run out and buy one of my own?

Glad to see it. I can only imagine all the teeth gnashing and clothes rending from the people in other threads who thought the thing was silly. This forum has become moderately Luddite despite the idea that triathletes are supposed to be pushing the tech, and roadies are supposed to be rigid adherents to convention and dogma.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I assume Biggles tested it bigly and found it to be a great option. He's the kind of guy where convention and dogma go out the window when it doesn't test well. I love.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope G is planning a negative split...otherwise this looks bad. Edit: Probably not as bad as I was thinking. We will see.
Last edited by: likes_bikes: May 10, 24 7:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
likes_bikes wrote:
I assume Biggles tested it bigly and found it to be a great option. He's the kind of guy where convention and dogma go out the window when it doesn't test well. I love.

What isn't clear with Classified is what is the efficiency in "small chain ring mode" and how long did I spend in "small chain ring mode".

Conversation probably went like this. "We save 4watts for 34minutes in aero from the front derailleur. We were in "small chain ring mode" for 5min and we lost 20watts. 4x34x60-20x5x60 = 2160 joules savings over 38 minutes. We saved a watt. You pay us how much to use this ?"

Numbers completely made up......
Last edited by: marcag: May 10, 24 7:49
Quote Reply

Prev Next