Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.cyclingnews.com/...ship-deal-with-nike/

"I am aware of my role within women’s cycling and women’s sports in general, and the opportunities it presents,” she added in an Instagram post, announcing her deal with Nike.

“Together with Nike, I can achieve common goals and effectively spread my message. We want to inspire many people to start moving, and together, we will make dreams come true,”

Good luck to her. I hope NIKE changes their position on athletes having children, as many leaders in the peloton have seemed to make it work for them & their teams

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about Ali Jackson in green doing bottle duties for the team? That's my kind of rider.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not a Nike fan, but good for cycling to get another huge company involved - like Red Bull. A bit odd for Nike as I'm not aware they have much in the way of cycling products. Maybe they have plans.

Apparently Vollering also going to FDJ.
Last edited by: trail: Apr 30, 24 7:21
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shirts, shorts, and shoes only, as far as I know, but they did have a Swoosh on the Discovery/Postal/Radio Shack kits, if I remember?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chopping a jersey zipper from the team car?

There's gonna be some discussion on that, I'm sure

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They don't even have road shoes. To my knowledge they have indoor cycling shoes and the guys like Cav or Wurf who have been seen with their logo are on a different company's shoe that is customized with the logo. I could be wrong about that though.

On one hand I hope Demi is making bank on this and it's good to see that they think there is value in the women's peloton. On the other, Nike certainly has a shitty reputation with athletes, particularly women.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [likes_bikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sheesh, another big crash at 3K. But another Vos masterpiece....just switching to exactly the right wheel like 3 times in a row.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She is such a class rider. I'm always down for a Vos masterclass.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [likes_bikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She made that look easy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Sheesh, another big crash at 3K. But another Vos masterpiece....just switching to exactly the right wheel like 3 times in a row.

That Movistar rider only needed to see her elbow to back off and give her the last wheel.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
trail wrote:

That Movistar rider only needed to see her elbow to back off and give her the last wheel.

Ha. I try to avoid man-splaining to the women how to sprint, particularly since they're all better at it than I am (both physiologically and tactically), but, come on, make it a little hard for Vos!! Her one leadout person was left totally unchallenged at the front deep into the last kilo. The field looked pretty fatigued, and maybe after all the crashes no team was organized enough to put up a counter-train to force Vos to make decisions. Kool must have been shattered from all the climbing because she was just totally flat.
Last edited by: trail: Apr 30, 24 8:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to occasionally ride with Orla Walsh (Irish sprint and keirin champ) and it was comical how badly I'd get nuked by her sprint. She's a terrific person too. I should figure out what she's up to as I think the Olympic dream for Paris faded and she's on to new ventures. /tangent
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
likes_bikes wrote:
I used to occasionally ride with Orla Walsh (Irish sprint and keirin champ) and it was comical how badly I'd get nuked by her sprint.

I raced track for years vs. Jen Valente (Olympic/Worlds champ). The full spectrum from, "Aww, I'm going to help this plucky junior rider stay in contact," to "Dang, it's all I can do to beat a 17 y.o. girl."

And then the final stage, "Whelp, there she goes! Nothing I can do about that! Where we going for beers after?"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
likes_bikes wrote:
I used to occasionally ride with Orla Walsh (Irish sprint and keirin champ) and it was comical how badly I'd get nuked by her sprint. She's a terrific person too. I should figure out what she's up to as I think the Olympic dream for Paris faded and she's on to new ventures. /tangent

Here ya go

https://www.instagram.com/pedalingheroine

Quote Reply

Prev Next