Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 48h with Magnus Ditlev [kajet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FYI, Magnus' aero guy is a member here on ST, known for his absolute competence, attention to detail, innovative ideas and personal world class performances. Think Bigham but even better :-)
The guy obviously has a talent for surrounding himself with the right people
Quote Reply
Re: 48h with Magnus Ditlev [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And then there's also the sponsorship side of it, where he got the majority of his contracts after partnering with Lemieux. He will of course take a big catch out of it, but it's good for both because Magnus is not the typical guy attracting lots of brands and spending his time on social media (which is good).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kajet wrote:
We’ll have to agree to disagree. To me, being a professional isn’t about being tough or training a lot (well - that, too) but mostly about getting all your ducks in a row. Making the most of aero. Dialing the nutrition. Getting your equipment to work without fault (*cough* Haug *cough*). Knowing your immigration situation (*cough* Lucy *cough*). Not tackling Alpe d’Huez Triathlon on a 1x. Ditlev just never seems to have those weird adventures, or really anything that us age groupers can “tell him to fix”. We can follow him to learn how to do things and that is about it. (It’s lot for many people, I suppose)

I would say we mostly agree . Ditlev is not a social media pro but he is certainly very professional and detail driven.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kajet wrote:
We’ll have to agree to disagree. To me, being a professional isn’t about being tough or training a lot (well - that, too) but mostly about getting all your ducks in a row. Making the most of aero. Dialing the nutrition. Getting your equipment to work without fault (*cough* Haug *cough*). Knowing your immigration situation (*cough* Lucy *cough*). Not tackling Alpe d’Huez Triathlon on a 1x. Ditlev just never seems to have those weird adventures, or really anything that us age groupers can “tell him to fix”. We can follow him to learn how to do things and that is about it. (It’s lot for many people, I suppose)

To each their own, we find Ditlev entertaining while you folks prefer to see LS walking around in speedos.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
FYI, Magnus' aero guy is a member here on ST, known for his absolute competence, attention to detail, innovative ideas and personal world class performances. Think Bigham but even better :-)

MTM I'm assuming?
Quote Reply
Re: 48h with Magnus Ditlev [likes_bikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
likes_bikes wrote:
marcag wrote:

MTM I'm assuming?

I'm a big MTM fan. He should have a youtube channel.
Quote Reply
Re: 48h with Magnus Ditlev [likes_bikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
likes_bikes wrote:
marcag wrote:

MTM I'm assuming?

I was thinking Marc was talking about himself there? 😉

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kajet wrote:
likes_bikes wrote:
marcag wrote:

MTM I'm assuming?

I was thinking Marc was talking about himself there? 😉

LOL, I have none of those qualities.

"World class performances".....double LOL
Quote Reply
Re: 48h with Magnus Ditlev [Engner66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Engner66 wrote:

To each their own, we find Ditlev entertaining while you folks prefer to see LS walking around in speedos.

>

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
likes_bikes wrote:
marcag wrote:

MTM I'm assuming?

I'm a big MTM fan. He should have a youtube channel.

I think I'm re-remembering that he was working with him. No wonder Magnus has such a good setup.
Quote Reply
Re: 48h with Magnus Ditlev [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just watched it on the trainer this morning - was he swimming with an age group swim team? It's a reiteration that the best triathletes are really good at all three sports, but not great at any one individually. What was his background before getting into tris? Quick internet search notes he burst onto the scene as an age grouper winning a 70.3.
Quote Reply
Re: 48h with Magnus Ditlev [adampom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ditlevs swim is actually looking quite good from last 2 vids I’ve seen. Good to see he’s working on speed in the pool too. His swim training looked like proper swim training not like the majority of swim training we see on YouTubers training vids.
Quote Reply
Re: 48h with Magnus Ditlev [adampom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
adampom wrote:
Just watched it on the trainer this morning - was he swimming with an age group swim team? It's a reiteration that the best triathletes are really good at all three sports, but not great at any one individually. What was his background before getting into tris? Quick internet search notes he burst onto the scene as an age grouper winning a 70.3.

Ya, Magnus is "just another swimmer" on that age group team but he is definitely getting "real swim training" including kicking and sprinting. Also, he's going 5000 to 6000m, six days/week, which is a lot more than most pro triathletes do. Further, Magnus seems like a really humble and very nice guy.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: 48h with Magnus Ditlev [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's the elite team within his triathlon club :)

I've trained with them a few times, and the swimming level is high. Lot's of former swimmers in that pool, and I count a small handfull of people in the video who can swim faster than 9 minutes on 800 meters.

In Denmark we mainly have 4 cities to study - Copenhagen being the biggest. Not uncommon to move from your local swim club, start triathlon and join the club in Copenhagen = Magnus (and Sif, Thor and the rest of the high level people in KTK) will always have someone who can beat them in the pool.

Almost like all the advices here on joining a master swim squad. This combined with his personal technique sessions will make him a frontpack swimmer, maybe not in 2024. But I'll bet 1000 meter butterfly that he'll be with the front out of the water in Kona 2026.

---
Long Distance PB: 8:25
Instagram: larsschmidttri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
adampom wrote:

Ya, Magnus is "just another swimmer" on that age group team but he is definitely getting "real swim training" including kicking and sprinting. Also, he's going 5000 to 6000m, six days/week, which is a lot more than most pro triathletes do. Further, Magnus seems like a really humble and very nice guy.

As far as I can see from the video a big part of the swim group is the KTK (Copenhagen Triathlon Club) elite squad, so you have other aspiring talents and pros in the group too as it is coached by Jens Petersen Bach (KTK headcoach). Not sure if he also swims with a true pure swimming club.

I always remember back fondly to what I did IMs and on monday morning our club had 2 lanes, then KTK had 2 lanes and the last 4 lanes were for Danish National Team swimmers.... It could get a little demotivating :D
Quote Reply
Re: 48h with Magnus Ditlev [Schmidt-DK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Schmidt-DK wrote:
It's the elite team within his triathlon club :)

I've trained with them a few times, and the swimming level is high. Lot's of former swimmers in that pool, and I count a small handfull of people in the video who can swim faster than 9 minutes on 800 meters.

In Denmark we mainly have 4 cities to study - Copenhagen being the biggest. Not uncommon to move from your local swim club, start triathlon and join the club in Copenhagen = Magnus (and Sif, Thor and the rest of the high level people in KTK) will always have someone who can beat them in the pool.

Almost like all the advices here on joining a master swim squad. This combined with his personal technique sessions will make him a frontpack swimmer, maybe not in 2024. But I'll bet 1000 meter butterfly that he'll be with the front out of the water in Kona 2026.

Very cool, thanks for the local insights!!! One Q: Who are Sif and Thor??? I feel like I've heard of them before but can't recall their full names. Also, just from watching his stroke in that video, I agree he should be front pack soon. He's quite tall and has long arms so he def looks like a real swimmer. :)

Quote Reply
Re: 48h with Magnus Ditlev [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lassekk wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
adampom wrote:

As far as I can see from the video a big part of the swim group is the KTK (Copenhagen Triathlon Club) elite squad, so you have other aspiring talents and pros in the group too as it is coached by Jens Petersen Bach (KTK headcoach). Not sure if he also swims with a true pure swimming club.

I always remember back fondly to what I did IMs and on monday morning our club had 2 lanes, then KTK had 2 lanes and the last 4 lanes were for Danish National Team swimmers.... It could get a little demotivating :D

Interesting, thanks for your local insights!!! Why did you find it "demotivating"??? I've always found it more motivating to swim with faster swimmers.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sif Bendix Madsen (Magnus’ girlfriend) and Thor Bendix Madsen (Sif’s brother and member of the BMC team) !

I agree - and just with more swimming, he’ll get the timing, rhythm and feeling for the water.. and speed - I really think the take out speed will be more and more crucial for middle distance.

---
Long Distance PB: 8:25
Instagram: larsschmidttri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweat Elite Podcast w/ Magnus: https://open.spotify.com/...?si=cd60fb70ef484f9f
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Schmidt-DK wrote:
Sif Bendix Madsen (Magnus’ girlfriend) and Thor Bendix Madsen (Sif’s brother and member of the BMC team) !

I agree - and just with more swimming, he’ll get the timing, rhythm and feeling for the water.. and speed - I really think the take out speed will be more and more crucial for middle distance.

DK - Thanks for the info on the Madsen's. Will be interesting to follow them over the next 10-15 yrs.

Regarding swimming, Magnus looks like he is on his way to being a top tri swimmer. His stroke looks quite good, nice high elbows on his recovery. :)

Quote Reply

Prev Next