Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
48h with Magnus Ditlev
Quote | Reply
https://www.youtube.com/...ite-TrainingSessions

Interesting video and a bit of a different approach than some of the other regular Youtubers.

But those watt numbers :O 330W=Z2
Quote Reply
Re: 48h with Magnus Ditlev [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think his run off the bike was even more impressive. 15 min 5 k off the bike is massive for a big heavy guy without the best running technique and after a 6 km swim and hard bike with 500 W efforts. LS would have needed three different videos by Talbot for all three of those workouts ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No doubt a really good video.

What was most interesting for you?

Inside The Big Ring: Podcast & Coaching

Quote Reply
Re: 48h with Magnus Ditlev [Engner66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Engner66 wrote:
I think his run off the bike was even more impressive. 15 min 5 k off the bike is massive for a big heavy guy without the best running technique and after a 6 km swim and hard bike with 500 W efforts. LS would have needed three different videos by Talbot for all three of those workouts ;-)

I agree, seemed hard but less than all out too. Equally eye popping was dropping down to 16min 5k for the second one and registering a lactate of ~1.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: 48h with Magnus Ditlev [Brandes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is of course all the crazy numbers.
But key take aways:
Super solid setup with coach, swim coach, and NT swim coach all working in common direction.

Training with a group as a swimmer, getting the social inputs etc. Too, even in a crowded pool as a world star.

The lengendary bike cave (hope no bike thiefs find out where it is). In the video you see girlfriend sif training there and her father, and yes she is the sister of other pro triathlete thor bendix madsen.
Living with parents keeping a stress free life etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brandes wrote:

I’m always interested in his bike part choices

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Didn't realise Sif was his girlfriend-think she got pinged for doping but only got banned for 1 year (instead of 4 years) because she was 17?

It could be another Dane I'm thinking of.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree! And in zero degree celcius humid Coldpenhagen! I am not and expert but Coach Jens mentions that they worked on running tech and I think I see Magnus running more "firm" now, rather than past more looking like he is a bit more "flimsey" and not as biomechanical coordinated! Kudos on that!

Engner66 wrote:
Quote Reply
Re: 48h with Magnus Ditlev [N.Cornyn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
N.Cornyn wrote:
Didn't realise Sif was his girlfriend-think she got pinged for doping but only got banned for 1 year (instead of 4 years) because she was 17?

She got saline water infusion, so the i fusion part was the illegal thing, really the most minor thing ever. And it was provided by the sports director of the danish federation, guess he did not know the rules either.
Quote Reply
Re: 48h with Magnus Ditlev [N.Cornyn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
N.Cornyn wrote:

She admitted to getting a saline solution infusion. Not judging or making any ruling, but wanted to make sure this is added to the discussion as "pinged for doping" can easily spiral into a ton of possible methods and drugs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ah right, thanks for clearing that up, appreciate it. Definitely wasn't trying to make the story bigger than it actually was!
Quote Reply
Re: 48h with Magnus Ditlev [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
milesthedog wrote:
Brandes wrote:

This type of quasi-superman position is beginning more common in triathlon. I think the sport is finally moving past the influence of UCI position rules.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is "infusion" the same as IV? If so, what kept them for getting a post dated TUE? That's the acceptable process because if it's done post race obviously athlete's health is more important than not receiving medical attention due to no TUE at the time of getting a post race IV. Curious why they didn't accept a post dated TUE and actually sanctioned an athlete?

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Last edited by: B_Doughtie: Feb 21, 24 11:19
Quote Reply
Re: 48h with Magnus Ditlev [mathematics] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He was pointing out that he uses a Wove saddle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
500w+ attack for 5mins!!! and doesnt crack 2.0 mmol/ !

https://www.instagram.com/...alendurancecoaching/
Quote Reply
Re: 48h with Magnus Ditlev [mathematics] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mathematics wrote:
milesthedog wrote:
Brandes wrote:

This type of quasi-superman position is beginning more common in triathlon. I think the sport is finally moving past the influence of UCI position rules.

A couple of threads on these progressive bike fits:

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=8024637#p8024637

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=8049291#p8049291

an excerpt from an upcoming Instagram post we’re working on regarding these progressive bike positions and the role of the saddle (edited any promotion of our product out of the below excerpt):

“In the 42 year history of professional triathlon, we’ve seen many pros riding with steep seat tube angles in an effort to shift more of their mass over the pedal stroke. In recent years, we’ve seen pros using a new generation of aerobars that allow them to get their pad reach significantly further forward, stabilizing the athlete and preventing the falling-forward feeling that often accompanies riding with 82-84 degree seat tube angles. These progressive positions on the bike have also included athletes tilting their saddles forward to open their hip angles […]”

Last edited by: milesthedog: Feb 22, 24 5:16
Quote Reply
Re: 48h with Magnus Ditlev [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
have also included athletes tilting their saddles forward to open their hip angles […]”

How do you tilt a saddle forward? I have heard of tilting it up or down, and pushing it back or forward, but not familiar with tilting it forward, is this some new metric folks are using now??
Quote Reply
Re: 48h with Magnus Ditlev [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
have also included athletes tilting their saddles forward to open their hip angles […]”

How do you tilt a saddle forward? I have heard of tilting it up or down, and pushing it back or forward, but not familiar with tilting it forward, is this some new metric folks are using now??

saddle tilt is a rotation around an axis.
when rotating from a fixed point, we can describe it as leaning, falling, pivoting forward because down can be in two directions (the rear of the saddle can move down). Can also say clockwise drivetrain side. or saddle nose down. not a metric; use of language.

We’re seeing the nose of the saddle at -3 to -7 degrees.

on the technology side:
  • I love that he’s using the 3T Torno crankset. For a short time, 3T owned THM and THM uses the Team Zwatt spindle based powermeter in their Clavicula crank. I’d love to see that PM in the Torno so that pedal choice could be freed up from being the PM source.
  • LOVE the massive Digirit carbon chainring - curious when Gemini will release massive Rigel chainrings for the TT crowd.

Last edited by: milesthedog: Feb 22, 24 6:28
Quote Reply
Re: 48h with Magnus Ditlev [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericlambi wrote:
Equally eye popping was dropping down to 16min 5k for the second one and registering a lactate of ~1.

Exceptional aerobic system fueled by high carb diet while working out during the day + greens at night.

Basically his diet sounded like « whatever works in my tummy as long as it gives me the energy to train ».

Overall i really liked the video. It was refreshing to see it was all about enjoying the grind.
Last edited by: tamiii: Feb 21, 24 19:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Everybody is fawning over watts posted on the screen and the GPS-estimated minutes per kilometer, but what made the biggest impression on me is the willingness to call "lunch" a plate of pasta with nothing.

This is Blummenfelt-level sacrifice.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Last edited by: kajet: Feb 21, 24 21:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really like the way the video shows Magnus as a really "Down to earth" guy - just like he is in real life.

If you join a session with KTK86 (Copenhagen Triathlon Club) and didn't knew who he was - you would NEVER guess that he's one of the best in the world.

---
Long Distance PB: 8:25
Instagram: larsschmidttri
Quote Reply
Re: 48h with Magnus Ditlev [Schmidt-DK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The thing with Ditlev, he's the most professional long course athlete next to Laidlow and Blummenfelt (pays attention to important details, and doesn't really make many mistakes or have significant mishaps), and his personality (or his media persona, if you will) is not that flashy. He also has a super calm and monotonous way of speaking. These things are causing me to get bored with videos and podcasts that feature Magnus. It's like reading a textbook - you only consume the content, if at all, for the information. Blummenfelt is very funny, Laidlow can be controversial and a bit peacocky - love him or hate him, but there's entertainment in that.

I'm not expecting Ditlev to start being someone he's not, to be clear. It's just that he has to be twice as good as the other guys to attract some attention LOL

Last edited by: kajet: Feb 22, 24 1:04
Quote Reply
Re: 48h with Magnus Ditlev [kajet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or maybe he’ll just attract a different kind of fans and sponsors? ;-) Yes, I agree - Red Bull and Magnus might not be a great fit. But look at his sponsors - like Fusion and Scott - both brands are really not ‘Red bull’ on social media. They both have huge R&D in their products - I’m pretty sure that they love to have Magnus on board to help them create better products.

Don’t get me wrong - I like the content from Blummenfelt and Laidlow. But Magnus is just something different - not saying it’s better, but in my opinion not worse.

---
Long Distance PB: 8:25
Instagram: larsschmidttri
Quote Reply
Re: 48h with Magnus Ditlev [kajet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kajet wrote:
The thing with Ditlev, he's the most professional long course athlete next to Laidlow and Blummenfelt (pays attention to important details, and doesn't really make many mistakes or have significant mishaps), and his personality (or his media persona, if you will) is not that flashy. He also has a super calm and monotonous way of speaking. These things are causing me to get bored with videos and podcasts that feature Magnus. It's like reading a textbook - you only consume the content, if at all, for the information. Blummenfelt is very funny, Laidlow can be controversial and a bit peacocky - love him or hate him, but there's entertainment in that.

I'm not expecting Ditlev to start being someone he's not, to be clear. It's just that he has to be twice as good as the other guys to attract some attention LOL

ditlev is actually the only guy i like watching on you tube because he has this clumsiness and unpolishdness, but in fairness while he is pro pro he is not really more pro than the others, all those top pros are top pros all a bit different but they are all tough.
Quote Reply
Re: 48h with Magnus Ditlev [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We’ll have to agree to disagree. To me, being a professional isn’t about being tough or training a lot (well - that, too) but mostly about getting all your ducks in a row. Making the most of aero. Dialing the nutrition. Getting your equipment to work without fault (*cough* Haug *cough*). Knowing your immigration situation (*cough* Lucy *cough*). Not tackling Alpe d’Huez Triathlon on a 1x. Ditlev just never seems to have those weird adventures, or really anything that us age groupers can “tell him to fix”. We can follow him to learn how to do things and that is about it. (It’s lot for many people, I suppose)

Last edited by: kajet: Feb 22, 24 2:24
Quote Reply

Prev Next