Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Cervelo P5 2024/2025 [PBT_2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PBT_2009 wrote:

What does this mean, though? Wouldnt putting rim brakes on the p5x have been practically/realistically impossible? The premise of that bike was, in part, "hey look what we can do if we dont have to use rim brakes".

Not meaning to be argumentative. Because you said it was the cervelo people who said this, and not you. I get that. But just curious what you think they meant with that statement.

I think and I'm stabbing in the dark since I hardly remember anything from that convo, yet I do remember asking some follow up questions regarding that statement. My thought is if they had to design a rim brake P5x to do the P5x things it does it would be even faster than it is.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo P5 2024/2025 [Th4ddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Th4ddy wrote:
I have one from 2020 and it was pretty easy to route the cable up through the stem with the help of an FSA compression net that has a pass-through. Lot's of value with the P-Series and they're easily customizable with little to no proprietary parts.

Yeah, I am aware of that option. Just never understood why they didn't do that themselves. I also don't really love the look of the p series. I have a trek speed concept gen 2 and really dig the way it looks. I am thinking about upgrading as I mentally am still trying to get myself comfortable on it again since I crashed last summer. I have no idea what happened, but my current SC needs to have a rear brake adjustment. When I got it (ebay) built up, the rear brake seems to be weaker than my previous bike and definitely weaker than current front brake.

Hopefully something comes out soon-I really don't want to try and start a frame build for a current SC...5k is a lot. Then I need to start looking at the bars and seatpost etc.
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo P5 2024/2025 [BongChamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BongChamp wrote:
How long have bikes been at this “point of no returns”? I know there have been some gains made, but I haven’t seen any that has been a big leap forward since the OG p5, and even that was frame size dependent. For the most part, is it a game of what can you test? And newer isn’t always faster?

Just keep in mind that peak aero means we can't get much faster. But we can get much slower. For example the Ventum in the last aero shootout.

Too often we see posts assuming all new bikes are roughly equal due to peak aero, when I reality many of the current bikes could be slower than we think since there is such little data comparing them these days.
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo P5 2024/2025 [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are bikes coming that are doing well relative to the P5D in developmental testing.
We might see a return to skinny being fast for the P5DII (I have no knowledge of what Cervelo are doing)
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo P5 2024/2025 [MagicSenna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo P5 2024/2025 [garageman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
garageman wrote:
The aim of the bike will definitely be to make is lighter for the same aero. Uphill tt's are a thing now for grand tours. I'd assume also tweaked for wider tires.

Based on pics this post seems to have nailed it.

My Strava | My Instagram | Summerville, SC | 35-39 AG | 4:41 (70.3), 10:05 (140.6) | 3x70.3, 1x140.6 | Cat 2 Cyclist
Quote Reply

Prev Next