Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
New Cervelo P5 2024/2025
Quote | Reply
A new P5 is on his way folks, who know more about this?
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo P5 2024/2025 [Nikkidc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where are you seeing this?

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo P5 2024/2025 [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Confirmed by multiple local cervelo dealers...jumbo visma wil use the new p5 already in Tour de france
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo P5 2024/2025 [Nikkidc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will they also have a new P series?
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo P5 2024/2025 [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dont know that....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw a newish P-Series at my local shop and it looks like at some point in the last year or two Cervelo changed the front brake cable routing to exit the head tube directly below the stem. The fork is also new, they removed the hole where the brake cable used to be routed.
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo P5 2024/2025 [Th4ddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, each year models get little changes but now we are talking about a total new frame for the P5.

Im here 4 some spyshots or other info :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have noticed that the cable seems to not run externally in many models I have seen. Never noticed a fork change. I would consider a p series, I feel they are really well priced. Hoping they have an upgrade too, and it is reasonable.
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo P5 2024/2025 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any leaked photos?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have one from 2020 and it was pretty easy to route the cable up through the stem with the help of an FSA compression net that has a pass-through. Lot's of value with the P-Series and they're easily customizable with little to no proprietary parts.
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo P5 2024/2025 [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With a few months before the pro's will race on the new one, there have to be leaked photo's by now...but....where? ;)
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo P5 2024/2025 [MagicSenna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Assuming this is true, I wonder how much faster they can make it. It's already the king of the hill and no one has really been able to leapfrog cervelo.

If it comes out 2-3-4ww faster it's not worth upgrading imo.

The low hanging fruit, even at the pointy end of the AG field is still people's position not a 4w reduction in frame drag

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo P5 2024/2025 [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
Assuming this is true, I wonder how much faster they can make it. It's already the king of the hill and no one has really been able to leapfrog cervelo.

If it comes out 2-3-4ww faster it's not worth upgrading imo.

The low hanging fruit, even at the pointy end of the AG field is still people's position not a 4w reduction in frame drag

Old P2, P3 & P5 frames are very fast so still Cervelo dominates the bike count wherever you go. Not to mention P-Series and P5D. I think P3X and P5X are ugly and I don’t see them much.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Impossible to find anything on it of course!

Maybe also explains why it is so incredibly difficult to find a new P5 anywhere....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd wager that more integrated storage is the direction they'll go. Flat kit inside the frame, hydration bladder, etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This, with the same drag numbers as a P-series, would sell me in a heartbeat.

Until then, I'm sticking with the rim brake setup I have...
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo P5 2024/2025 [Ing.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ing. wrote:

I was just on a podcast as a guest (Cycling Time Trial Podcast) for an upcoming episode. We talked a bit about how rim brake bikes are still pretty fast compared to disc brakes.

When Kiley, Heath, Dave and I did the Aerobike Shootout at A2 I talked with the people at Cervelo who designed the P5X. They told me the P5X would have been about 5w faster with rim brakes.

IDK think the P5disc is 5w faster than the p5x.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe follow all the socials of the Jumbo Visma team and one of them might inadvertently leak it on a training camp much to Cervelo's frustration.

I have no idea, but probably more evolution than revolution. Integrated storage, more tyre clearance, triathlete bolt ons that don't have a negative aero impact like they did on the current one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
Ing. wrote:

I was just on a podcast as a guest (Cycling Time Trial Podcast) for an upcoming episode. We talked a bit about how rim brake bikes are still pretty fast compared to disc brakes.

When Kiley, Heath, Dave and I did the Aerobike Shootout at A2 I talked with the people at Cervelo who designed the P5X. They told me the P5X would have been about 5w faster with rim brakes.

IDK think the P5disc is 5w faster than the p5x.

What does this mean, though? Wouldnt putting rim brakes on the p5x have been practically/realistically impossible? The premise of that bike was, in part, "hey look what we can do if we dont have to use rim brakes".

Not meaning to be argumentative. Because you said it was the cervelo people who said this, and not you. I get that. But just curious what you think they meant with that statement.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I should clarify; I don't imagine discs as an aero upgrade on their own merits, at least right now.

I am fortunate to own a bike which is fits me well but that I also know isn't the fastest rim brake out there. If and when I pull the trigger, I would be willing to bet that the P Series or P5 definitely is faster... for me. I would just have to outlay for all new wheels etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Th4ddy wrote:
I'd wager that more integrated storage is the direction they'll go. Flat kit inside the frame, hydration bladder, etc.

My money would be on revisions for the revised UCI rules. The biggest changes would probably be deeper fork legs and a deeper head tube to take advantage of the 9:1 ratio.

They could upgrade the P5 with minor changes, just like they did with the S5. If that is the case, my guess is 3-4 watts max. A clean sheet of paper redesign is possible, given that the last iteration came out in 2017 or 2018. That might look very different (wide fork legs and room for much bigger tires). My guess is that they won’t make it super chunky, given the technical nature of World Tour TTs these days I would bet on them also trying to keep the weight low like the Shiv.
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo P5 2024/2025 [Ing.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At this point I kinda feel like it's silly to debate the merits of which bike is faster. Set them all up to race a 140.6 and that integrated storage and hydration means you have less crap bolted on to the bike. So yeah, in a wind tunnel I'm sure rim brakes are faster than disc brakes, but a lot of newer disc brake bikes are probably faster when set up for race day (when it actually matters). That's just my armchair quarterback option, though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How long have bikes been at this “point of no returns”? I know there have been some gains made, but I haven’t seen any that has been a big leap forward since the OG p5, and even that was frame size dependent. For the most part, is it a game of what can you test? And newer isn’t always faster?
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo P5 2024/2025 [BongChamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The aim of the bike will definitely be to make is lighter for the same aero. Uphill tt's are a thing now for grand tours. I'd assume also tweaked for wider tires.
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo P5 2024/2025 [BongChamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well we still have to see cervelo make a non traditional fork. I'd bet that's what we will see

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply

Prev Next